It's a big news day! Along with a various assortment of interviews with Mike Zadorojny, we have a new articlefrom Matt Wuerffel, game designers at ArenaNet, about some upcoming changes to the achievement reward system. Here are the highlights:
- Exclusive armor and weapon skin unlocks – including Radiant armor, Hellfire armor, and the Zenith weapon set.
- Permanent account bonuses—permanent boosts to Magic Find, experience from kills, karma gain, and more. Earn achievement points on any character and get rewards for all of your characters.
- Currencies – gold, gems, karma, and laurels.
- PvP Rewards—skins and glory boosters.
- WvW Rewards—use Badges of Honor and siege blueprints to help push your server to victory.
- Utility Items—Instant Repair Canisters, Revive Orbs, powerful boosters, and more.
- Unique Titles—show off your dedication to your fellow players.
- Summary page—This page gives you quick access to all of the achievement skins you’ve unlocked, achievements you’ve recently completed, and your account bonuses.
- Details page—Use this page to drill down into individual achievements to find detailed objectives, point breakdowns, and other useful information like suggested locations and potential rewards.
- Watch list—Track up to 20 specific achievements in the Watch List panel and display the top six in the HUD.
- Category grouping—Achievement categories are now organized into groups to allow faster navigation and easier access to the information you want.