Over seven million support tokens and one week later, Ellen Kiel continues to hold a four percent lead over her furry competition, Evon Gnashblade. With just under three days until the polls close, it's going to take quite a large shift to turn the tides of this election. Are you calling an early victory for Captain Kiel, or is your bank overflowing with support for Evon to turn in at the last minute?

Total support tokens redeemed: 9,575,484
Estimated votes for Ellen (52%): 4,979,252
Estimated votes for Evon (48%): 4,596,232

Your last chance to vote is at 10:59 am PST on Monday, August 5th.

[source]

Comments

#1 Darkobra

Darkobra

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:37 AM

Kiel's won. Time to at least get some achievement points for her side then. Might as well get SOMETHING out of it.
  • 1

#2 FrogKnight87

FrogKnight87

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:43 AM

too bad evon is a very nice guy and kiel is a very evil person :(

#3 Swift Red

Swift Red

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:50 AM

Why people are voting for Kiel, I have no idea. Can't stand this whole good person has to win stuff. Kiel is a very bland character and I think the living story will still to be quite boring if it continues to revolve around her.
  • 7

• 2099 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:03 AM

I guess what people wanted reduced WP cost and not buying BL keys. Whatever, i wanted an Abbadon fractal then WP reduction and BL keys.

#5 Lydeck

Lydeck

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:06 AM

Probably bullshit, tbh. As in Kiel was going to win whether people voted for her or not.
  • 1

#6 Sans

Sans

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:41 AM

Yes, still have about 3 stacks of ticket left.

#7 Angully

Angully

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:46 AM

Its strange since the research into people's votes on gw2 reddit and gw2guru i have done shows that most are voting for evon and somehow kiel is still in the lead :/ seems a bit off to me.

#8 Mister_Smiley

Mister_Smiley

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:51 AM

I voted for Kiel.....Not because she is a Good person, its because i don't like or trust Evon.

#9 Kurosov

Kurosov

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:33 AM

because everyone who plays frequents and takes part in polls on reddit and guru...

:huh:
  • 2

#10 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:53 AM

Been dumping something on the order of 200 votes a night on Kiel. Delicious.
  • 1
It's okay to enjoy crap if you're willing to admit it's crap.
Every patch is like ArenaNet walking out onto the stage of the International Don't Kitten Up Championship, and then proceeding to shiv itself in the stomach 30 times while screaming "IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!"

#11 Featherman

Featherman

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:53 AM

Even if they were rather boring, there were two story arcs that revolved around Kiel so that might explain her success.

#12 Hybarf Tics

Hybarf Tics

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:13 AM

Kiel has skinned the cat. ^_^

#13 Angully

Angully

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:50 AM

the fact that people are picking cheaper WP's over abbadon is soo stupid we could be losing out on some of the greatest content this game has had! and for what some stupid reactor :/ Posted Image
Tell me you dont want to fight this!!!!!!

This in my opinion was one of the best fights in gw1 it was a difficult battle that felt very rewarding when completed!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 8

#14 Just Horus

Just Horus

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:18 AM

Next to Tihark Orchard that was the easiest NF mission...

I'm glad Kiel is ahead. Anything to keep a charr from winning.
  • 1

#15 Sans

Sans

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:41 AM

Tell me you dont want to fight this!!!!!!

you mean why are we picking thaumanova reactor over temp RNG right?

#16 Saul Spotter

Saul Spotter

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:48 AM

Tell me you dont want to fight this!!!!!!

Plus, the whole thing about Colin saying it wouldn't be that fight, so much as what happens in the Crystal Desert after ABBAdon "fell."

#17 Captain Bulldozer

Captain Bulldozer

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:41 AM

I have a feeling like this election was rigged from the start. When's the last time you saw polling numbers that don't change percentages? Last time we were told how many tokens each candidate had gotten, it was 52% Kiel, 48% Evon. Now, a week later, exactly the same numbers. Sounds a lot like shenanigans to me...
  • 1

#18 Coren

Coren

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:43 AM

Well I personally want reduced WP costs because I've played GW1 and killed Abaddon so many times I'm not interested in seeing a fractal of it, especially since I'm not that a huge fractal fan.Edit: you people losing it over such things is SO representative in what's happening in today's world. Not happy? well tough, that's democracy. Want to force your views? create your own dictatorship.I personally applaud the voting they put in place, I can't think of another game that did it.

#19 Arewn

Arewn

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:54 AM

Tell me you dont want to fight this!!!!!!

I'm telling you, I do not want that fight.
If I did, it's in GW1 anyways. Let's see something new!

And anyways, look at that thing. It's damned scary! who would want to fight that?! :P

#20 Illein

Illein

• 2039 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:29 AM

No kidding. Thought the same. They really seem intent on getting people to invest gold into those tokens just to maybe make an impact. It sure looks fishy. Unfortunately I lack the 100.000 G right now, to check whether my 1.4 Million votes would really show up.