Announcing the Winner of the Captain’s Council Election

The captain's council election has come to an end, with Ellen Kiel being the winner!  Congratulations to all supporters.  You can find and read the in-game announcement e-mail below, or check out the official announcement page.

People of Lion’s Arch,

I am deeply honored to take a seat at the Captain’s Council. Your support was crucial in securing the trade deal with the Zephyrites, and I won’t forget the faith you showed in me. Now the real work begins.

I am going to enact the following changes:
  • I’ll reduce waypoint travel prices for four weeks’ time
  • I’ll support important Fractals of the Mists research into the Thaumanova Reactor explosion by the end of the year
  • I’ll introduce a rotating schedule of activities such as Crab Toss and Southsun Survival.
I am ever grateful and humbled by your support.
- Captain Ellen Kiel

Comments

#1 Illein

Illein

• 2039 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:17 PM

52% - I bet! :D

#2 TotTWriter

TotTWriter

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

Well colour me surprised. I was sure the RNG would win on account of Abbadon. Thaumanova should be interesting if I ever manage to get into Fractals tho!

#3 Firebrazer

Firebrazer

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:39 PM

Ah well, can't say I didn't see that coming, but still disappointed. Hope the fractal will be interesting. At least I have The International to keep my mood up!

#4 Katsumi Kei

Katsumi Kei

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:40 PM

Well. :\
Let's  see how is this going to turn out.

#5 Omega X

Omega X

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:54 PM

[quote name='TotTWriter' timestamp='1375731134' post='2224411']

I'm not. Clowns voted for her out of spite of the Lockboxes. Those things are bad news for anything user related.

#6 Magpie

Magpie

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:54 PM

I was hoping for the Abadon fractal, but hopefully, Mursaat had something to do with the thaumanova incident.

#7 Darkobra

Darkobra

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:03 PM

I saw this coming the very second it was announced. "Cheaper waypoints" hammered it home.

How poor are people that 2 silver is a concern?

#8 Illein

Illein

• 2039 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

Called it! They just announced it on stream - at 2 million, 9 million and ultimately 16 million votes it always has been 52 %!

Honi soit qui mal y pense! :D

#9 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:11 PM

[quote name='Illein' timestamp='1375733040' post='2224423']

Honi soit qui mal y pense! :D

Wasn't expecting it to change after the first sampling.  It's not like different people were voting after they sampled again.  The same patterns of behavior were consistent because there was no 'upset.'
It's okay to enjoy crap if you're willing to admit it's crap.
Every patch is like ArenaNet walking out onto the stage of the International Don't Kitten Up Championship, and then proceeding to shiv itself in the stomach 30 times while screaming "IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!"

#10 Strawberry Nubcake

Strawberry Nubcake

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

[quote name='Darkobra' timestamp='1375732982' post='2224422']

How poor are people that 2 silver is a concern?
How else will I afford shinies?  Those waypoints were totally killing me!  BRB using a waypoint to get to the other side of the map and forgetting why as soon as I get there... aaand back to LA.  :P

#11 Just Horus

Just Horus

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:18 PM

Jokes on you all. She isn't keeping her election promises. She has already been bought out by Evon.

#12 Darkobra

Darkobra

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:18 PM

[quote name='Strawberry Nubcake' timestamp='1375733637' post='2224427']

Go back to your Skritt King!

#13 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:23 PM

[quote name='Just Horus' timestamp='1375733908' post='2224428']

Even Kiel wants that Abbadon fractal.
It's okay to enjoy crap if you're willing to admit it's crap.

#14 Digilodger

Digilodger

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:28 PM

[quote name='Darkobra' timestamp='1375732982' post='2224422']

How poor are people that 2 silver is a concern?

Well, while the story of Abaddon, the Fall of a God, sounds interesting, I would rather [b]not[/b] see it cramped into a ~20 mins fractal.  I'd rather experience it as a separate chain of story on its own.

There is no way ANET could have possibly meet the hype (that we players have created) over this story, with only a single fractal.  Plus, Fractals is a repetitive things; it would eventually get old and tiresome at some point.

------------

The reactor incident, on the other hand, fits well into a fractal.  It is something tied into GW2, with little connection to GW1; it is very vague, as far as lore concerns. And it seems to be a single incident thing, rather than a number of huge battles like Fall of Abaddon

Plus, some of us are pretty broke right now due to all the recent fun new items to grab (especially the needs to convert gold-to-gem to purchase some of these items).  I only have ~860 golds left myself.  So any saving is appreciated.  And it'd be more than 2s because we use waypoint a lot: for world bosses, for dungeon entrances, for guild missions, for convenience , etc.

#15 StormDragonZ

StormDragonZ

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:35 PM

So Evon has no concession speech? What a sore loser.

[quote name='Darkobra' timestamp='1375732982' post='2224422']
How poor are people that 2 silver is a concern?

Impatient people > everyone else in the game. Some people deliberately use every waypoint just to check for quests... and that adds up very quickly. I know, it's rather silly and somewhat pathetic, but those people outweigh everyone else in terms of numbers.

[b]THOSE[/b] people have spoken.

#16 Baron von Scrufflebutt

Baron von Scrufflebutt

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:36 PM

[quote name='Digilodger' timestamp='1375734498' post='2224432']

I wouldn't be surprised if that put you in GW2's 1%.

#17 Sans

Sans

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:37 PM

[quote name='Darkobra' timestamp='1375732982' post='2224422']

How poor are people that 2 silver is a concern?

I read the complete everywhere, the second they announced the Abaddon Fractals.
"Their giving Evon all the good stuff so BLK go on sale and Anet makes more money"

It went as far as people saying it was setup for him to win.

#18 Miragee

Miragee

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:37 PM

[quote name='Digilodger' timestamp='1375734498' post='2224432']

------------

The reactor incident, on the other hand, fits well into a fractal.

Yip, I'm very relieved that we won't get the abaddon fractal. That's all I hoped for. Now I'm going to be interested how the thauma nova research will work in game.

#19 Darkobra

Darkobra

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:39 PM

[quote name='Digilodger' timestamp='1375734498' post='2224432']

This entire part just felt like a way for you to say "I have a lot of money."

#20 Digilodger

Digilodger

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

[quote name='Darkobra' timestamp='1375735184' post='2224437']
This entire part just felt like a way for you to say "I have a lot of money."

Some ppl out there have 4+ legendaries, multiple fully-geared toons, full sets of cultural armors, and a bunch of other prestige stuffs (for example, [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTMr3OwRmAE"]this guy[/url]).  While I do have multiple geared toons, I have no legendary, not even the complete fractal capacitors for them (still Beta ones).  So yeah, it isn't sarcastic or anything; I am broke.