Megaserver: Part 2
Yesterday, Arenanet outlined the new megaserver system and some of the major changes that are coming up on the 15th of April and throughout the year. Today, they have posted two blog posts that adress issues that arise with the current system and then new megaserver system. If you wish to read them for yourself, you can find the world events blog post here, and the guild and WvWvW blog post here.
We recently announced the exciting new megaserver project for Guild Wars 2, a system to maximize players’ social experience in our open world. Now it’s time to look to the future and discuss some of the changes that will be happening down the road.
World Event change summary
- World bosses and world events will no longer be tied to worlds. Instead, all world bosses will spawn at set intervals in the entire game.
- Current world bosses are split into three new categories based on difficulty.
- Low-level world events are simple events that occur in the level 1-15 starter zones. Out of the current four, one will begin every quarter past and quarter-till.
- Standard world events comprise of the original events in the game since the release. These events will rotate and start on every half and full hour.
- "Hard-core, super mega organized events" are the most hardcore events that require serious coordination, such as the Karka Queen and Tequatl the Sunless. These events will ALL spawn in a 3 hour window every eight hours.
- The Temples of Orr will not be synced due to how the new map system implements them.
- Many events that did not have a failure mechanic will now have one.
- All bosses are recieving an update, either adding a set of pre-events, changing the current events, or other changes to prepare them for their incoming important role in the rotation.
- Waypoints that can be contested will, from now on, always be contested unless you are in the map itself.
- You can no longer tell if a dungeon is open unless you are in the map.
- Cross-map functions of the temples of orr wil now be disabled. Instead, all maps are receiving minor temples that must be held to "uncontest" areas on that map.
Guild and WvWvW updates
- NEW! Guild upgrades now include "Guild World Events." Guilds can now trigger any event, including the most difficult ones, when they want to. This can only be done by officers, and costs a lot of influence each time.
- Guild influence will no longer be based on home-world of the guild starting December 2014.
- World versus World will be updated in December 2014. No specifics given as of now.