Log In for Free Transmutation Charges

Tomorrow is 15 April 2014, the day of the first ever Guild Wars 2 feature pack.  Make sure to log-in tomorrow and get free transmutation charges from the in-game store by clicking the [O] button and going to the promotions tab!

The April 2014 Feature Pack launches tomorrow! Among the many exciting features that we’ll be introducing is the account Wardrobe system, which makes it easier than ever to collect every possible look in Tyria! Through the Wardrobe, every cosmetic skin you collect will be made accessible to every character on your account.

To get you started with this new system, we’re giving away five free Transmutation Charges per account to everyone who logs in between the launch of the Feature Pack and 11:59 a.m. PT tomorrow, April 16! Visit the Promotions tab in the Gem Store to check out this and other offers!

On a related note, do not forget to transform all of your transmutation crystals and stones after the update to receive transmutation charges!

Comments

#1 Mordakai

Mordakai

Mordakai7

• Community Contributors

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:51 PM

Where does it say we get extra charges by transforming stones tomorrow?

Did I miss that from the original announcement?

#2 FoxBat

FoxBat

Vigil Crusader

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:54 PM

[quote name='Mordakai' timestamp='1397505084' post='2316579']
Where does it say we get extra charges by transforming stones tomorrow?

Did I miss that from the original announcement?

I think Guru meant that, while you are logged in, you can also get charges by converting your existing stones, but that part isn't time-limited nor is there any bonus for doing it tomorrow. But yes the wording is ambiguous.

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:30 PM

[quote name='Mordakai' timestamp='1397505084' post='2316579']
Where does it say we get extra charges by transforming stones tomorrow?

Did I miss that from the original announcement?

[quote name='FoxBat' timestamp='1397505247' post='2316583']

Edited the wording, apologies guys.

#4 typographie

typographie

• 2011 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:29 PM

[quote name='davadude' timestamp='1397507410' post='2316592']Way back, somewhere deep down in the archives of the announcement post, Collin confirmed that all existing stones and crystals can be converted to charges at a rate of 1 for 1 stone and 3 for 1 crystal.  You'll have to take my word for it, sorry.  :([/quote]

I hope you're right and that I'm the one who's mistaken, but I think you've got the wording a bit off:

[quote name='Introducing the Wardrobe System']Transmutation Crystals can be directly converted into charges, and Transmutation Stones can be converted at a three-to-one rate.[/quote]

I believe that means we get one charge for a Crystal (level 80) and 1 charge per 3 Stones (1-79). But I definitely prefer your way. <_<

#5 Mordakai

Mordakai

Mordakai7

• Community Contributors

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:13 PM

Well, I was going to long in today anyway to see if I got any rare dyes from my limited pool of repeats...

So the stones are a nice bonus.

The REAL question is:  will I buy another character slot?  Or can I resist making yet another Norn.  Must resist!

#6 Ara

Ara

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:32 PM

So... The patch will be up tomorrow at around 11:59, right ?

It's so hard to wait, so I have to get the frustration out of my system somehow. :P

#7 Brandon the Don

Brandon the Don

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:37 PM

Typical Guru I suppose... we get free stuff and people complain :D

Luckily I like free stuff - and I will get a lot of that :D

#8 Yol

Yol

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:43 PM

and the patch is up......at last....

#9 Neo Nugget

Neo Nugget

Quaggan Hipster

• Administrators

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:03 AM

The charges are now available in the gem store. You can redeem them just like the other free items they've been giving out lately.

"The only difference, Connor - the only difference between myself and those you aid is that I do not feign affection."