The patch is unsurprisingly quite hefty, so the notes will be hidden in spoiler tags for the most part.

- -

New Features and Content
Wardrobe
World Boss Synchronization
Guild World Events
Balance, Bug Fixing, and Polish
Runes
Profession Updates
Balance and Bug Fixing

Structured Player vs. Player
World vs. World
BLACK LION TRADING COMPANY GEM STORE

Comments

#1 Shayne Hawke

Shayne Hawke

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:18 AM

Let me share with you something that was [i]not[/i] in the patch notes.

In the small amount of time that Sanctum Sprint was around after the patch, I was able to get in and notice they made a change to it.  Many racers will be familiar with the shortcut near the finish where you pick up the jump power-up and hit the finish line from behind.  ANet decided to put a rock in the way of that shortcut, and I decided to show them why that won't work.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qCGKQR3naU[/media]

#2 Gyre

Gyre

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:00 AM

If this would be better suited in some other thread I'll post there instead but this is the patch notes so here goes.  I probably represent an extremely small minority of players who made Eternity prior to the wardrobe update to sell.  Not a huge deal, I don't like Eternity that much.  What I've got a problem with is that now anyone who does that from this moment forwards will have access to both the Twilight and the Sunrise skins assuming they took the opportunity to soulbind them before forging, as I did.  It would have been a nice gesture on their part to include something that is so obviously recorded as part of the Legendary Collector achievement track and give credit for it.

#3 konsta_hoptrop

konsta_hoptrop

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:33 AM

so logged in took and converted my transmutation charges, collected my outfits and armors annnnd logged out., Enough for the next month or two until they actually release something interesting. Btw the new gem store armors are ..... may be even worse then ascended skins. The heavy armor is 100% recolored Durmand priory heavy set

#4 Neo Nugget

Neo Nugget

Quaggan Hipster

• Administrators

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:01 AM

[quote name='konsta_hoptrop' timestamp='1397622819' post='2316988']The heavy armor is 100% recolored Durmand priory heavy set

[url="http://www.gw2armor.com/human/male/priory/heavy/front.jpg"]Priory[/url]

[url="http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/gw2-rampart-heavy-armor-skin-sylvari-male.jpg"]Rampart[/url]

Not [i]quite[/i].

"The only difference, Connor - the only difference between myself and those you aid is that I do not feign affection."

#5 konsta_hoptrop

konsta_hoptrop

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:35 AM

yeah not the same but nearly as boring and even worse details

#6 Satenia

Satenia

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:56 AM

Patch was a bit late for EU times, so I didn't get much further than logging into all of my 10 characters and unlocking as much for the wardrobe as possible.

In the process, I got around 650 unidentified dye's :surprised: What to do, what to do...

#7 konsta_hoptrop

konsta_hoptrop

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:15 AM

abyss dye dropped to 22 gold, may be its better to sell then unindeficated. Ofc if you have enough dyes accound wide

#8 Baron von Scrufflebutt

Baron von Scrufflebutt

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:18 AM

1. Megaserver is nice. Too bad it didn't launch.
2. Account-wide WXP is probably the single best addition because it improves on EotM, which is the best addition the game got in the last few months.
3. The final loss of UAX is a massive blow to PvP, something that even the deletion of Capricorn couldn't soften.
4. Having to do PvE to obtain PvP rewards is insane.
5. Instead of adding more progression options, A.Net opted to slow down progression instead. Traits taking longer to unlock, while also needing skill points to unlock will make levelling an even bigger pain than it was before the patch.
6. Wardrobe is nice.

All in all, a decent PvE patch (and a bad PvP one), but there's really nothing here that would make me want to play GW2 instead of D3. Maybe once A.Net actually releases an expansion-worth of content, this patch will start to shine.

EDIT:

[quote name='konsta_hoptrop' timestamp='1397632528' post='2317021']

Cheers for the tip, logged in to grab the free TCharges and put up an order of 19g for Abyss. The order was fulfilled in 5 seconds. This makes Abyss the FIRST dye, besides the starter set, that I actually own. :D

EDIT2:
The daily/monthly change is mental.Why should everyone be forced to PvE to get the daily done?

#9 Cube

Cube

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:37 AM

I really like the update. The new armours are also very nice. They are just... So different. I don't know, just feel like it's something I'd see in another game.  It's cool, I like it. Really want the medium :)

#10 chefwaffle

chefwaffle

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:23 AM

[quote name='Baron von Scrufflebutt' timestamp='1397632712' post='2317024']
1. Megaserver is nice. Too bad it didn't launch.[/quote]
How so? It destroyed the community outside of wvw of all servers. Also, EU have like 6-8 different languages all in the same overflow. Imagine how hard it is organizing marionette or teq or the upcoming world bosses changes.

#11 Mordakai

Mordakai

Mordakai7

• Community Contributors

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:27 PM

So, I guess once again I had higher expectations.

Reading the announcement a few weeks ago, I had assumed every piece of armor and weapon skin I had ever worn would be saved.  Silly, now I think about it, but currently I have about 6 armors in my wardrobe.  Not very inspiring!

On the plus side, all the living story skins are now available for all characters, so that's good.

#12 MCBiohazard

MCBiohazard

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:58 PM

[quote name='Mordakai' timestamp='1397651245' post='2317108']
So, I guess once again I had higher expectations.

Don't forget to jump into the PvP tab with all your alts. Every PvP skin in your lockers will be unlocked for you as well. I know I got a ton of free skins just opening milestone achievement boxes so that boosted my wardrobe considerably.

#13 Baron von Scrufflebutt

Baron von Scrufflebutt

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:05 PM

[quote name='chefwaffle' timestamp='1397647407' post='2317093']

I think those events are poorly designed, so hopefully the player's inability to organize themselves in a fashion that would allow them to complete said events will lead to these events being looked at again.
As for server communities: I think that having a game-wide community is much better than having a server-wide one. Of course, we are in the first 24 hours after the change, so the dust hasn't settled yet and that is why I expect the situation to look more dire than it really is. Now, I also think that certain elements of the game were lost with this change, but at the same time: the game wasn't in a good enough shape for that state to be sustainable. Changes had to be made.

#14 Datenshi92

Datenshi92

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:06 PM

So.... now that we only start getting trait points at 30, does that mean we're going to level faster as well? Because that's one heck of a leap to start improving our characters... as if leveling wasn't boring enough, it is now it takes almost 3x times as much to start "improving". Although, its awfully convenient that we start getting points at the same time we unlock our first dungeon..

#15 Krazzar

Krazzar

Legend of the Norn

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

[quote name='chefwaffle' timestamp='1397647407' post='2317093']

#16 Wonsavage

Wonsavage

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:15 PM

[quote name='Krazzar' timestamp='1397657361' post='2317162']

None of the sorting they mentioned has been working.  Servers were heavily split up, guild members were not paired together, and people were clumped together regardless of language barriers.  If the issue was that there were too many people logged in at once to sort, then that points to a severe flaw in the megaserver system itself.

And for the record, yes Megaservers have been implemented on several maps, contrary to what ArenaNet has said about their rollout plan, including some of the main cities (Black Citadel for example).

#17 raspberry jam

raspberry jam

Vigil Crusader

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:18 PM

[quote name='Shayne Hawke' timestamp='1397618298' post='2316976']
Let me share with you something that was [i]not[/i] in the patch notes.

[/quote]Haha nice one. Why didn't they block this one? Seems easier to notice.

[quote name='Krazzar' timestamp='1397657361' post='2317162']
[/quote]You need to also select that language, not just speak it. A lot of players leave setting as default and then proceed to speak Polish or whatever.

#18 Shayne Hawke

Shayne Hawke

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:12 PM

[quote name='raspberry jam' timestamp='1397657904' post='2317186']
Haha nice one. Why didn't they block this one? Seems easier to notice.

I don't know.  I'm not sure if they just dropped the rock there and thought it was blocked, or they had people testing the block that don't know anything about Sanctum Sprint, or whatever.

I look at it as a sign that they're paying some attention to Sanctum Sprint, like they might do something more with it if the Bazaar comes back in the summer.  However, seeing how shoddy their work is at fixing this perceived problem, I'm not getting any hopes up.

#19 typographie

typographie

• 2006 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:51 PM

[quote name='Baron von Scrufflebutt' timestamp='1397632712' post='2317024']1. Megaserver is nice. Too bad it didn't launch.[/quote]

[quote name='Krazzar' timestamp='1397657361' post='2317162']I thought the MegaServer system was supposed to sort people by langauge, or are there simply not enough people using the same langauge?[/quote]

The patch only included the Megaserver system enabled for the 1-15 zones, and I think cities, with the plan being that the full rollout would be phased over the year. This was according to plan, as I certainly recall reading it in the original blog post. If you're out in Cursed Shore or Frostgorge, you're still being sorted into the old language-agnostic overflow system as far as I'm aware.

#20 AsgarZigel

AsgarZigel

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:18 PM

It doesn't take the language into account, just the home server. So it really only works for the languages officially supported with their own servers. (German and French and... I think Spanish? Apart from English)