Today we bring you screenshots of all the racial armors!

These armor sets can only be worn by the race they belong to. Racial armor consists of 3 tiers and can be bought in the capital cities. Tier 1, tier 2 and tier 3 cost 1g, 10g and 20g per piece respectively.

Asura Male, Tier 1 to Tier 3

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Asura Female, Tier 1 to Tier 3

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

You can find the rest under the spoiler tag.

Comments

#1 Tenicord

Tenicord

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:20 PM

Some cool armor although the T3 human armor is full of daggers, like they forgot Engineers can't use them. It's much more for Rangers and Theives.. not Engineers :(

But I'm sure I can find enough cool armor in there to be happy...

#2 sergel02

sergel02

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:42 PM

That tier 3 armor was my sole reason for rolling a human scholar.

#3 tr1age

tr1age

• Community Contributors

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:55 PM

Does anyone know where the human female necromancer outfit comes from? The one that looks like Alice from Madness returns? I wanna see if it is profession specific or my mesmer can wear it.

#4 morpheusxp

morpheusxp

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:02 PM

The Sylvari outfits look awesome. Everytime I see something new about this game Aug 28 seems that much further away! :(

#5 Joiry

Joiry

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:05 PM

Human Female Light & Medium Armor progression:
Tier 1 - cool looking yet practical
Tier 2 - cool looking yet practical
Tier 3 - slutty & hooker

Fortunately the Seraph armor breaks that trend.

I really wish the Tier 1 Norn female medium looked more like its male version.  As is, it looks like a bathtowel wrapped around her, tantilizing the 14 yo males with a design that looks like it might slip off at any moment...  Or the thong on the norn female heavy t3...

I think the sylvari need more variation - its all leaves.  More bark (say for the heavy sets) or other plant structures/textures than the same one they're repeating over all the sets.

#6 Beta Sprite

Beta Sprite

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:07 PM

View Posttr1age, on 24 July 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

None of the armor is profession-specific.  It is either light, medium, or heavy.  So, anything you've seen on a necromancer can be worn by a mesmer.  If you're talking about the armor that I think you are, then yes, mesmer can wear it.

#7 Ave

Ave

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:20 PM

Absolutely love Asura heavy rank 3 & human heavy rank 3.... I have to re-think my characters ;o

#8 iLag

iLag

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:30 PM

I love the Sylvari heavy on male and female! Glad for my choice of sylvari warrior

#9 Tzu Qui Jinn

Tzu Qui Jinn

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

Love the racial armor sets available. This makes chosing a race for each class all the more a difficult choice. I wish there was a third Heavy Armor Class option now.

The tier'd armor is very nice for humans. They should add, a second tier 3 set for the Engineer though, or replace the daggers with tools as an option for the human tier 3 leather set. OR they could just add daggers to the engineer as a weapon.

Glad to see Sereph available to Humans for Tier 3 heavy armor.

Can't wait to see crafted armor sets.

#10 tr1age

tr1age

• Community Contributors

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:41 PM

View PostBeta Sprite, on 24 July 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

If this is true, I will be sticking with human has my race, as I just find that armor to be AMAZING.

The Armor is this btw:

#11 Beta Sprite

Beta Sprite

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:44 PM

View Posttr1age, on 24 July 2012 - 09:41 PM, said:

The Armor is this btw:
Spoiler

Yeah, that is non-race specific light armor.  You should be able to wear it as female human, norn, or sylvari, although the design may be different slightly for norn and sylvari.  I would expect female asura and charr to wear something almost identical to what the males wear, instead, though.

#12 Neo Nugget

Neo Nugget

Quaggan Hipster

• Administrators

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:56 PM

View PostAve, on 24 July 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

Same! I've always been in love with this concept art, so it brings me infinite joy to see they have recreated it so well in game.

"The only difference, Connor - the only difference between myself and those you aid is that I do not feign affection."

#13 Reytangular

Reytangular

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:00 PM

Charr female looks too cool. Hmmm....might even consider changing over from sylvari but they look sick too. (; so hard to choose.

#14 MinkoAk

MinkoAk

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:16 PM

I could not find the Charr racial armor vendor during the BWE except for the tier 1 >_< I pretty sure I missed something big xD. Anyway, It's cool seeing them here ! I must say, I'm disappointed to see they went with some huge shoulder pads here... (on the Charr mainly)

Edit : And now we can be sure DE's members are just wearing their T3 racial armor :P

#15 Swickster

Swickster

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:17 PM

hmmm, im not really digging on more then 5 of those armors in TOTAL. however i love some of the non race specific gear, so i'll get over it.

#16 Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:27 PM

Cultural Armours in video mode!

#17 Tetan0

Tetan0

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:27 PM

well all have they taste for me Charr Male sets look far the best shame Charrs dont have quality animation as asura oh well will have to  make 3 char 3 asura 2 Norn

#18 xSagez

xSagez

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:54 PM

Some of the Sylvari racials look so sloppy in my opinion. I'm not sure about them.

#19 Sleepyx732

Sleepyx732

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

Obviously Norn has the best racial armor...

#20 Imaginos

Imaginos

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

Many of these would be so nice without the tents stapled to peoples butts.