ArenaNet has just announced 6 unique Guild Wars 2 Antec case panels on their official Facebook page:

You can now buy one of six unique Guild Wars 2 Antec case panels with awesome Guild Wars 2 art! For more information and to see the Guild Wars 2 art on different Antec cases, see this page: http://www.antec.com...panel/index.php

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Promoted from Guild Wars 2 Antec Cases

Comments

#1 Ghost Dog

Ghost Dog

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:36 PM

These look really nice, I feel like their timing is horrible. They wanted these out after BWE 1 when many people (myself included) built a new PC just for this game.

#2 Sovi

Sovi

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:49 PM

pretty, but way to late in, most people already bought their rigs for Guild Wars 2.

#3 jarred

jarred

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:53 PM

ive ben waiting for this...!!! buying one now. there just cases guys you can swap your stuff out in like an hour max.

bah all the DF-85 are out...guess im waiting on this.

#4 Yol

Yol

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:01 PM

Nothing for the 300 :(

#5 Sprinkles169

Sprinkles169

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:25 PM

Well then...

#6 Ghost Dog

Ghost Dog

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:42 PM

View Postjarred, on 31 July 2012 - 09:53 PM, said:

From a business standpoint it's seemingly a poor choice. Some people have to take a lot of time wiring their cases and because of this might not be swayed toward a new case as much as they would have been initially.

#7 Khomaniac

Khomaniac

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:48 PM

Wish they would of added some color variety. hmph. I'm still glad with my Antec 1200.

#8 Malev

Malev

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:53 PM

am i missing something here or are these really $400 empty cases, and if so you guys are insane if you are considering :P

#9 Sprinkles169

Sprinkles169

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:58 PM

I don't think any of them are more than ~200$ depending on shipping and such. I was checking all the prices at first, and it just kept adding to the same cart. So naturally my jaw dropped before realizing what had happened. Still quite overpriced and the same kind of styling can be done with a little bit of effort.

#10 agm

agm

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:59 PM

This is the same case I recommended to my friend a little over 1 year ago when he bought a new rig to be ready for GW2. :D

Damn he's lucky (assuming it is possible to buy those side panels separately).

#11 Vent

Vent

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:00 PM

Too bad my case is under my desk and I never look at it.
I rather buy a new piece for my PC that would actually improve my performance.

#12 Siarsi

Siarsi

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:01 PM

I think they look cheap tbh, which is ironic in itself. I love GW2 heaps, but I don't feel the need to reflect it on my PC case, which I will never be looking at when I'm playing the game anyway.

#13 Malev

Malev

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:02 PM

View PostSprinkles169, on 31 July 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

pretty sure you have to pick the case and the graphic, graphic itself is 199, cases about 179

#14 neoryudo

neoryudo

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:03 PM

View PostEmma_Frost, on 31 July 2012 - 11:01 PM, said:

i have to agree, i dunno why i love arenanet will buy the GW2 shirt when it comes out but the mice and head set, and now this does look really erm taccy? cheap?, yeah, if the case was white and it all blended in it would be cool, but it really is just a white piece of plastic XD

View PostMalev, on 31 July 2012 - 11:02 PM, said:

no you can buy them together for $189

#15 Siarsi

Siarsi

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:10 PM

View Postneoryudo, on 31 July 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

My thoughts precisely! My PC and its peripherals are all black so it would look a right mess with the aforementioned GW2 stuff.
I will also buy a T-shirt, if the Sylvari design ended up in the 3 chosen.

#16 Ruttor

Ruttor

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:10 PM

I'd rather just have the art as a vinyl decal or sticker :)

#17 Wickity

Wickity

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:18 PM

200 USD for a DF case? So about 70 USD more then the regular price because of something that is only slightly away from a sticker;/
If it was per se a moulded layer in the shape of a gw2 logo in the side panel, then i'd say alright...in this case I'd rather pick up a cheaper and still excelent case, and have a custom paint job on it that would overall cost less.

#18 UNTYPABLExNAME

UNTYPABLExNAME

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:19 PM

View PostMalev, on 31 July 2012 - 10:53 PM, said:

Brah, it's not just an empty case.  It's the spirit of Logan Thackeray watching over you.  He'll see any Cheetos you drop on the floor.  Better buy two.

#19 Verene

Verene

Under the Pale Tree

• Community Contributors

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:22 PM

Yeah, not paying $400 for that. The case itself (other than the artwork) is uglier than sin and I'm too damn lazy to swap everything out from my current case. Plus I'd never see it anyway as it's under my desk!

If I really want GW2 art on my computer case, I can do that myself in about 10 minutes for next to no money :P

#20 Zhahz

Zhahz

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:32 PM

I like antec cases - I've bought many over the years.  I love GW2.  There's no way I'd buy a case with something like GW2 stuff on it, or anything else on it.  Plain and black is the only way I want my cases looking.