- Sylvari and asura - playable at last!
- Cube surfing off Rata Sum.
- Will the game be ready in a month?
- Issues with dynamic events.
- ArenaNet’s attention to detail.
Guild War players wanting to reserve their character names need to act now, Hall of Monuments can still be fun, pick up Guild Wars for cheap, Vayne kills Travis in WvW Mystic Room, characters can now model, lazy crafters get their wish (Travis is one of them), Nick completed a jumping puzzle, jumping puzzles are not the only puzzle to complete, Baz talks some PvP, Hunger Guilds and some great questions from the community!
- 00:00 — Introduction
- 02:50 — How did Super Squad form?
- 04:47 — First Impressions in BWE1 and what attracts you to Guild Wars 2?
- 08:20 — What can ArenaNet implement to ensure its position in the growing e-sports world?
- 13:02 — The competitive community. What can YOU do to help?
- 17:12 — Team composition & synergy, map strategy, individual character capability.
- 19:48 — The downed state and its importance.
- 26:17 — Character builds; runes, sigils, amulets, and jewels.
- 29:48 — Condition removal importance.
- 31:39 — Roundtable poll: Over-powered and under-powered professions?
- 36:15 — Roundtable poll: Favorite sPvP map so far?
- 39:39 — Roundtable poll: What one thing would you change in sPvP currently?
- 44:02 — Final tips.
- 48:10 — Outro; the community is key!
- 49:54 — ?????[/spoil]
After a few weeks of gathering questions and information from people in our guild as well as those on the alttabme.com forums who had played Guild Wars 2, we decided it was time to dive into the not so popular and turns out, not so easy to do topic of: "Why you won't like Guild Wars 2". We tried to approach this very objectively and give you points as to why we think you may not like it and why we think that is OK and may or may not make the game "better" or "worse". Enjoy!
- Cash Shop
- High Adjustment Curve
- No Raids
- No World PvP
- No Faction Tension
- No Gear Dependency
- It isn't WoW
- Too much Hype
- 2:45 - News: New Guild Database, New Guild Recruitment Tool (Playdate)
- 8:28 - Roundtable: Making Money in Guild Wars 2
Episode 3 is finally here! We’re back and in this episode we break down our beta weekend 3 experience and a whole lot more! Thanks for listening!
- The Olympics are on!? Rihanna is in Saints Row 3!? and other off topic stuff for about 20 mins (so back to the usual)
- We do PvP impressions FIRST this week - crazy, huh?
- Oh, and we like it
- I talk about my keybindings vision-quest, then join Dourin in plugging products by a company we are in no way associated with. No, really.
- The Sylvari are pretty cool guys - but not Asurable.
- Asurable? Adorable + Asura. I hate myself and everything to do with this show (mostly ZoomyRamen though).
- We end the show after chatting about the difficulty of bosses in GW2 - including my experiences with two of the new zone bosses.
[spoil]It looks like we’ll get a sweet slice of Tyria early.
ArenaNet announced that there will be another stress test for Guild Wars 2 on August 2 — I hope you didn’t miss it.
In other news, the fabulously named Mike Zadorojny has been answering questions about the content that so many are waiting to get their hands on with abandon in just a few weeks. Just what does he mean by “mini-dungeons?” It also seems that the much anticipated water-themed fourth sPvP map is not as definite as we may have thought. Are bets being hedged or is it off the table at launch?
We consider the likelihood as well as consider the perception of future content for the non-subscription MMO.
The inestimable Mike Schaffnit took the premise of “No Holy Trinity” and tested it out with a crew in Ascalon Catacombs. Could a DPS focused group pull off a dungeon and prove ArenaNet’s dynamic combat claims? We consider the run and what it means as GW2 looms ever nearer.
We received some truly awesome viewer questions this week, including one that blew GuildCast’s mind…[/spoil]
- Episode #2: The Hybrid Ranger Takes On The Battle Of Kylho
- Feedback Thread (Working on it!)
Another week, another Buildcast the Guild Wars 2 PvP & Theory Crafting show. This week Gary, Ed, and Matt break down a hybrid ranger build and play-style for The Battle of Kylho.
- Rune Choice
- Weapon Choices & Play-style