Rate Article   * * * * - 5 votes

ArenaNet has just announced on Facebook that there will be another stress test tomorrow, Sunday, August 12 from 11:00 AM Pacific to 12:00 PM (Noon) Pacific.

REMEMBER: We will be actively working on the game during the event, so you might experience connectivity problems or discover features that are not working as designed.

Any issues you experience are a result of the rigorous conditions of the stress test, and are in no way representative of the state of the game at launch.

By participating in this stress test, you’re helping us make Guild Wars 2 a better game. Thanks for your cooperation—we’ll see you in-game!

Please note:
* The stress test is open to anyone who has pre-purchased Guild Wars 2.
* Characters will not be wiped from the previous Stress Test.

Comments

#1 Xynth22

Xynth22

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:35 AM

Sweet. I love how they keep doing these things. Shows how devoted they are to get the game running right for the launch day.

#2 Ikarlos23

Ikarlos23

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:38 AM

Beat me to it :) I'm so happy Anet is trying to make launch as smooth as possible.

#3 Xynth22

Xynth22

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:41 AM

Yeah, it's pretty awesome. Nothing like a bad launch to leave a bad taste in player's mouths these days. Error 37 anyone? lol

#4 Bilateralrope

Bilateralrope

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:42 AM

Finally, a stress test that takes place while I'm asleep.

#5 Dracosblood

Dracosblood

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:43 AM

LOL, what is the point of an hour stress test?
Adult Content Guild
You Know You WANT IT!!

#6 Ikarlos23

Ikarlos23

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:48 AM

[quote name='Dracosblood' timestamp='1344739405' post='1716249']
LOL, what is the point of an hour stress test?
[/quote] The stress test is probably to check if they still have the lag issues with their servers. Remember the extreme lag on the 10th wasn't intended.

#7 TenderFoot

TenderFoot

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:48 AM

wow my OP got major ninja'd hacked, but hey atleast give me credit huh or just edit my post instead?

YAY for another stress test, thanks Anet!

#8 AbaCam

AbaCam

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:50 AM

What a tease.LOL. :eek:
Oh well I am not gonna complain. I think this time, I shall spend one full hour in the Character creation..

#9 Ingway

Ingway

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:50 AM

lol, i imagine they try to make this test and the servers goes down just like in 8/9 for one hour, would be hilarious.

#10 Hosp

Hosp

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:56 AM

More time in game before release, no matter how long it is.. I'm happy.

#11 Derort

Derort

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:59 AM

It normally takes me one hour to log in... Damn, don't think I'll be playing this time.

#12 Izardoz

Izardoz

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:59 AM

wow...what a pleasant surprise  :D

#13 Xuphor

Xuphor

She's watching...

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:05 AM

At just an hour long, and during my time zone's sleep hours, I'll skip on this. Have fun to everyone that does it.

#14 Cracken

Cracken

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:07 AM

Funny thing is. I had to leave one hour before the last one ended. I guess ArenaNet was aware of this. Thanks Anet! My last hour of PvP will be possible!

#15 Sol1

Sol1

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:08 AM

1hour OWG! let me clear my schedule at 4am and make sure I help you guys out for THAT ENTIRE HOUR when I could be doing something completely useless like sleep...

You could at least offer an incentive for people that help you out Anet and give them a little more time to enjoy what is most likely a buggy experience.

#16 Xynth22

Xynth22

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:13 AM

[quote name='Sol1' timestamp='1344740880' post='1716367']

Someone is a bit entitled aren't they. When would you propose they have it? They are doing it by their schedule. Not the worlds. No matter when they have it; it will clash with someone's schedule.

#17 Giltheryn

Giltheryn

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:24 AM

To those complaining about the fact the test is one hour, keep in mind a couple things: Firstly, it's a stress test, for providing server/performance data, the intent is not to give everyone extra time to play (though it is of course the main reason for players participating). Secondly, this is happening on a Sunday. It's not as if ArenaNet have no lives outside of game development, and anything happening on a weekend means the devs are mostly likely taking time out of their weekends to work on the game. Just thought I'd say that, sorry if it comes off as overly agressive. </rant>

#18 vamprocillin

vamprocillin

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:30 AM

I for one am completely ecstatic. One hour is better than nothing! Clearly it's short because they'll be checking to see if the unintended lag from the 10th is resolved.

Hopefully I'll be able to connect and play (even if it is with lag) for that hour. My brother's laptop (my old one) is awful and I invited him over so he could try the game out tomorrow XD.

#19 Manzana

Manzana

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:30 AM

[quote name='Sol1' timestamp='1344740880' post='1716367']

Anet is working weekends for this, so I sincerely doubt your convenience was at the top of their worries.

#20 Ramei Arashi

Ramei Arashi

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:32 AM

Second time I'll be working.