PCGamer has a new exclusive 12 minute video of the level 50 dungeon, Twilight Arbor.

A few months ago we took a look inside the Ascalonian Catacombs, one of Guild Wars 2′s level 20 dungeons. Chris returned to Arenanet a short while back to find out what lies beyond Guild Wars 2′s early game, and took the chance to record a run through the level 50 Twilight Arbor dungeon with some expert Arenanet QA testers. We can show you up to the dungeon’s first boss, the venemous spider queen.

Check out the article here and the video is embedded below.

Comments

• 2099 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:39 PM

Ooo this should be good. :D Thank you, Op for linking this. :)

#2 Dream Catcher

Dream Catcher

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:41 PM

Got it covered here:

[url="http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/51284-final-week-guild-wars-2-news-compendium-landslide/"]http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/51284-final-week-guild-wars-2-news-compendium-landslide/[/url]

Skill > Time = Reality

Is that Caithe's lover?

Yes (Ex).

Skill > Time = Reality

#7 Lol Lol Lol Guy

Lol Lol Lol Guy

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

YAY! Just what I needed for not just a Monday, but my first day of college

#8 MaZt

MaZt

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:51 PM

I thought that Faolain would look like this

[img]http://blog-imgs-43.fc2.com/c/o/j/cojocco/_sylvari_btm.jpg[/img]

#9 Omedon

Omedon

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:52 PM

See, when you talk about any degree of incomplete endgame, I'd bet dollars to donuts they're talking about explorable dungeons, considering we've only seen two dungeons.

This looks pretty amazing, and if the others are on par with this one, qualitywise, that's great!
I'm an opinionated son of a gun!  Feel free to visit my blog, "Tales from the Void: Adventures in gaming whilst siezing Saidin"

#10 NeHoMaR

NeHoMaR

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:54 PM

Oh, something new? welcome.

BTW, is that a 4:3 monitor? (edit: forget it)

#11 AsgarZigel

AsgarZigel

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:56 PM

Oh man, faolain comes across as such a cheesy villainess.
I love it xD

#12 Alaroxr

Alaroxr

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:00 PM

"A Projectile through a Light Field cures Poison, so a Mesmer and a Ranger can do that job"

Sometimes...

#13 Cracken

Cracken

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

AC also had a spider as the first boss, lol. I don't know but that boss was boring, what were his mechanics? Just stand there and attack?

Great thing I'll be doing more sPvP than anything else.

#14 Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:05 PM

Another reason for me to hate Logan? I'll take it!

#15 Xynth22

Xynth22

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

[quote name='Cracken' timestamp='1345485748' post='1772802']

Great thing I'll be doing more sPvP than anything else.

Story modes are known to be easy, and seeing as how it's the first boss it's obvious that it is going to be basic like any other entry boss of any dungeon in any game. It's the explorable modes when they start getting all sorts of mechanics and destroying groups repeatedly.

#16 Vahkris

Vahkris

Vigil Crusader

• Community Contributors

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

[quote name='MaZt' timestamp='1345485099' post='1772728']
I thought that Faolain would look like this
[spoil]
[img]http://blog-imgs-43.fc2.com/c/o/j/cojocco/_sylvari_btm.jpg[/img][/spoil]

I believe this concept art was made prior to the Sylvari redesign, so obviously things changed.

#17 NeoN707

NeoN707

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:08 PM

[quote name='Cracken' timestamp='1345485748' post='1772802']

Great thing I'll be doing more sPvP than anything else.

if you didnt catch them say that he was running it with 4 QA members. and they run this dungeon 4 times a day. they know what they were doing and thats what made it look easy. also this is story mode and not explorable mode, story mode is made to be able to be completed by a pick up group. Explorable mode is where the challenge begins

#18 Potato Cat

Potato Cat

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:10 PM

Faolain doesn't look anywhere near like how I imagined her. I thought she'd have a really unique appearance. Or at least a unique hairstyle. :(

#19 cesmode

cesmode

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:14 PM

So the one BIG thing I took from that video was how the group dynamic works in dungeons.  While there are no tank healer or DPS, there still is to a point.

You will have someone soaking damage (tank).  This can be anyone really but probably will be a guardian/warrior/thief type.
If the group has the skillset/smarts to keep that guy alive, by throwing up earth walls, combo fields to heal and remove debuffs, etc..then thats all there is to it.
If not, he has to roll out, and someone else fills the tank role, absorbing damage.

Instead of taunting, absorbing damage and having one person heal you, everyone contributes to keeping that tank alive and the rest of the group.

I like it.

#20 Shiren

Shiren

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

[quote name='WasiKaBooM' timestamp='1345484663' post='1772675']
There is that "elf" word again

Blame ArenaNet. I believe it was in the first announcement of GW2 they described the sylvari as their attempt to fit into that elf arch type. ArenaNet started the ball rolling on that one.