Rate Article   * * * * - 3 votes

Jerich has figured out how to create the bulk recipes such as boxes and satchels of armor, trays and feasts of food and has shared it with the crafting community.

In order to create the recipes, you need the following ingredients to place into the Mystic Forge in Lion's Arch:
  • Bottles of Elonian Wine - sold by Miyani for 25s60c each
  • Arcane Crystals - sold by Miyani for 3 skill points per 5 crystals
  • Mystic Coins
  • Base item

For this particular recipe, you need the following ingredients: You receive a Box of Simple Mighty Chain Armor recipe that will contain the following once crafted: Mighty Chain Coat, Mighty Chain Gauntlets, Mighty Chain Boots, and Mighty Chain Legs.

For this particular recipe, you need the following ingredients: You receive a Tray of Strawberry Cookies recipe that will create Tray of Strawberry Cookies. Everyone in the area will be able to grab the strawberry cookie buff (+30 healing, +10 XP from kills) by clicking the tray for five minutes.

It's fair to say that higher crafting skill items will cost a lot more than lower skill ones as witnessed above so make sure that you're saving up your Mystic Coins for the recipes that you want first and foremost.

Thank you, Jerich, for sharing this information with the community! And to the rest of you - if you haven't seen Jerich's crafting guide yet, what are you waiting for? Go check it out!

Comments

#1 Keaghan

Keaghan

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

Great article! :D I haven't tried Zomoros yet, as I am not so inclined to begin wasting my money on recipes right from the beginning, lol. I prefer to have some money and a back up reserve before jumping into this! I can foretell it will dry me broke if I were to start now...

I was able to find the recipes for Legendary Weapons though! :D

#2 Fatalis

Fatalis

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:57 PM

This is a pretty significant discovery, as now it's completely possible to create a full set of armor by having a single piece in the mystic forge.

We'll have to see how far it can be used.

#3 Angully

Angully

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:51 PM

Nice Job :)

#4 Aaron Demonsniper

Aaron Demonsniper

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:07 PM

I wonder about the armor box: Is it just the four pieces that the article says or is it a full set of six pieces as the description would imply?

#5 Khalija

Khalija

Leaf on the Wind

• Administrators

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:54 PM

[quote name='Aaron Demonsniper' timestamp='1346623661' post='1868539']

What description? The one in the article is for level 5 armor. At that level you don't get recipes for helms or shoulders.

Feel free to PM me if you have a question regarding moderation, want to leave some feedback, or just want to chat!

#6 Aaron Demonsniper

Aaron Demonsniper

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:58 PM

[quote name='Khalija' timestamp='1346626480' post='1868704']
Ah, that's right. I forgot you can't have a full set of armor until level 20 or so.

#7 Archduke

Archduke

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:09 AM

This is amazing. Great post and article. I look forward to reading and understanding it. :P Looks like another game has given me homework to do. XD

-At least I can bear this type of homework- :P

#8 Aretas

Aretas

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:22 AM

The recipes on gw2db say it takes more insignia to craft a box/satchel of armors than to craft them separately though, anyone can confirm this?

#9 jesuz

jesuz

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:57 AM

my only problem is the use of skillpoints to buy the materials. that means trading skills for materials. or is there a renewable sorce of skillpoints? WvW maybe?

#10 Ravrohan

Ravrohan

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:49 AM

[quote name='jesuz' timestamp='1346641041' post='1869516']
When you hit 80, you'll continue to level and get skill points.

#11 BLUcorp

BLUcorp

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:43 PM

Wait, they took PVP shards to make the PvE items?? That seems... Off.

#12 Jokerx7

Jokerx7

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:03 PM

Also: 1 Eldritch Scroll (50 SP)
10 Wines (around 2.5 gold)
30 Mystic Coins
30 Crystals (18 SP)
gives you a random (?) exotic. :)
Kinda expensive in my opinion, since it's random. xD
Anyway...

There's also seem to be something with the onyx too, but I couldn't get the 4th ingredient. It was something like: Mystic coin, Scroll, Onyx, X. If I remember it right, not really sure about it. (I don't remember if the MC were in, or the crystal, or any of those two xD)
And of course, I don't know what do you get. Probably a superior rune or sigil. (?) Since the Onyx were for that.

#13 Doctor Overlord

Doctor Overlord

If you hate MMOs....

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:00 PM

Neat article!   I haven't gotten around to the Mystic Forge yet but it's interesting to see what's in store.

#14 Tuche

Tuche

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:35 PM

Damn, they are very costttyyyy

#15 sanktanglia

sanktanglia

GW2DB Developer

• Curse Staff

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

@Aretas: not all of our data is 100% up to date with live as they greatly changed the format of the all of the data, rest assured we are working on fixing this and will be posting about it once its done

#16 Zerj

Zerj

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:15 AM

Just made an exotic satchel recipe today and mailed it to the guild leatherworker. Will keep ya'll updated when I find out the cost of it tommorow.

#17 seppl

seppl

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

Thx, for the guide.

If have one question.
Why sould i do this with the box ?

The box for:
is equal with the mats for the 6 single peaces.
The box costs more then the single peaces, because i have to pay for the recipe.
So i dont see the benevit.

#18 Asteria Rose

Asteria Rose

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

There's some good recipes out there like this. If they could be added here we would have a serious collection.

#19 Khalija

Khalija

Leaf on the Wind

• Administrators

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

[quote name='Asteria Rose' timestamp='1349385091' post='1993311']

Feel free to start a thread on it down in Droknar's Forge! I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate it.

#20 Koobz

Koobz

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:14 AM

[quote name='Khalija' timestamp='1349456702' post='1995638']

PLEASE make this a reality. I'm just starting on profitcooking and I would really appreciate it if we could all work together on this. HMU with a link if you can.