Game status update and forums - 6 September 2012

Arenanet has just posted the latest game status update on the wiki.  It outlines support priorities and upcoming software changes.  The official forums have also been deployed in a simple phase, and they can be found here.

Customer Support

Our customer support team is prioritizing hacked accounts and other blocking login issues over other types of support requests.

Hacked accounts - If you submit a support ticket for a hacked account, ensure it is properly prioritized by following these instructions. We're resolving prioritized hacked account tickets within 72 hours. If you have an older hacked account ticket that has not been resolved, it may not be properly prioritized, or the ticket may not contain enough information for us to address it quickly. Please update your existing ticket, clearly state that this is a hacked account ticket, and provide as much information as possible, including your account email address, your account display name or character names, and your 25-digit Guild Wars 2 serial code.

Password resets - We will soon provide a secure method on our web site for customers who have lost their passwords or whose passwords aren't working to reset their passwords. We ask that you use this new self-help system, and only submit a support ticket if that doesn't work for you.

Support forums - The official support forums are now online, and we have a new forum for players helping other players.

Comments

#1 tuggernongy

tuggernongy

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:51 AM

Thank you for the quick post, saves me hunting it down myself. :)

• 2099 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:07 AM

[quote name='tuggernongy' timestamp='1346914272' post='1889055']
Thank you for the quick post, saves me hunting it down myself. :)
[/quote]There are only a few places they are posting,reddit, wiki,guru, their official forums.

Wow, i didn't know they increase the size of the world [color=#000000][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=3]capacity. [/size][/font][/color]

#3 NELiXERY

NELiXERY

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:10 AM

Hmm... I've gotten comfortable with this forum though. The official one seems a bit simpler hehe.

#4 Coren

Coren

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:14 AM

Well if they can stop servers from being too laggy, they can increase al they want... The whole "join" feature is working great now.

#5 Leiard

Leiard

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:41 AM

The official forum is broken.  I type in my username and password and it tells me "Invalid password".  Yet I can log into the game using the same details.

#6 ilr

ilr

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:51 AM

[quote name='Leiard' timestamp='1346917267' post='1889445']
havin' the same exact problem

#7 Athanasius

Athanasius

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:15 AM

If you're having problems with the official forums then perhaps you need to do what fixed it for me.

Go into your browser settings and find the cookies bit, either delete all cookies (yikes), or just the ones for the official forum site (which is what I did with Chrome).  Then reload the page and it should be working.

Specific steps for Google Chrome:

1) Menu
2) Settings
3) Show Advanced Settings (down the bottom of right hand/main pane)
4) Privacy > Content Settings (hit that button)
5) All cookies and site data (hit that button)
6) Type 'guildwars2.com' in the box next to 'Remove all'.
7) Click the 'X' on the right of the resulting entry for forum.guildwars2.com (and also forum-en.guildwars2.com or similar if you have that too).
8) Close settings and reload the forum page.

#8 Leiard

Leiard

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:19 AM

[quote name='Athanasius' timestamp='1346919347' post='1889616']

Specific steps for Google Chrome:

1) Menu
2) Settings
3) Show Advanced Settings (down the bottom of right hand/main pane)
4) Privacy > Content Settings (hit that button)
5) All cookies and site data (hit that button)
6) Type 'guildwars2.com' in the box next to 'Remove all'.
8) Close settings and reload the forum page.

Thanks.  That fixed it for me.

#9 Ok I Did It

Ok I Did It

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:05 AM

[quote]Email authentication - We will soon provide a secure method on our web site for customers who are having trouble with email authentication to disable it for their accounts. We ask that you use this new self-help system, and only submit a support ticket if that doesn't work for you.

Thats a joke right, me and several others from what i read have been waiting days for an email that we have never gotten, and appears we will never get that will allow us back into the game, i suppose thats a great way to keep an account secure, dont let anyone log in, so basically those who havent gotten the Auth Email that Anet didnt send out, have to lose security on there own accounts over something they have no control over,

Ive contacted support already about not recieving the email, and ta da no reply from support, others have been waiting 3-7 days for a reply, just turn the AUTH EMAIL setting off by default, we i and many others can get back into a GAME they have paid alot of money to play.

#10 Baron von Scrufflebutt

Baron von Scrufflebutt

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:58 AM

Did this update also provide the solution for the DE items? By solution I mean that they added a big red warning to the email in which you receive the items.

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

[quote name='Protoss' timestamp='1346932735' post='1890492']

No mention of it.

#12 Baron von Scrufflebutt

Baron von Scrufflebutt

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:18 PM

[quote name='davadude' timestamp='1346939490' post='1890989']
No mention of it.

That's in the game right now, but I haven't see it before so I am guessing this was added today. I do hope that's not their only solution but that we'll get an unlimited number of Rytlocks and restored items, for those that deleted them, later on.

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:10 PM

[quote name='Protoss' timestamp='1346941084' post='1891115']

Try posting this issue on their official forums.  Also, you can add all the collector items to special slots in your bank!

#14 Merendin

Merendin

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

[quote] Note that guild upgrades and guild influence are world-specific. If you move your account to a new world, you'll see the upgrades and influence that your guild has on that new world, not the upgrades and influence you previously saw on the old world.[/quote] Wait a moment.... We have guild system that allows players from different worlds but upgrade are world-specific? Sense - This makes none

#15 Khaz

Khaz

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

[quote name='Janzu' timestamp='1346949225' post='1891994']

This helps deter guilds from hopping to the winning WvW servers haphazardly.

#16 jahrsh

jahrsh

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:19 PM

Thanks for the post. Are all the updates going to be listed on the same wiki page?

#17 Ok I Did It

Ok I Did It

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:45 PM

So any update on the Email issue, its been 2 days now, 2 support tickets and still nothing from Anet, its not like there are not people complaining that they cannot get into game due to NO email being sent to them.

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:56 AM

[quote name='jahrsh' timestamp='1346969956' post='1894135']

I am not sure, but the updates use one single page and is updated each day.  The forum, however, has archive links.

#19 MarcuMcall

MarcuMcall

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:36 AM

[color=#282828][font=tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(229, 236, 238)]Thank you for the quick post[/background][/size][/font][/color][img]http://www.yono.info/9a.jpg[/img]

#20 jahrsh