With great thanks to the Guild Wars 2 community, we now have the formula for crafting legendary weapons. Below is the Master Recipe for legendary weapons and all the sub-components required to craft them: Base Exotic Weapon
They can be obtained by throwing 4 rare/exotic weapons above level 76 (research ongoing) of the type you want to obtain into the Mystic Forge (4x Greatsword for Dusk or Dawn) and getting lucky. Or you might be able to obtain them as loot from events or enemies while being out in the world. Base Gift
You need a specific Superior Sigil depending on what you want to craft, but they are most likely themed. Also the Mystic Forge won't accept any other sigils than the one that works with the specific components you threw into it (as far as we know).

Base Gift Recipe: Crafting Gift A + Crafting Gift B + 100x Icy Runestones + Superior Sigil of X

Base Gift Sub-Gifts Base Gift Sub-Components

You can also make Lodestones in the Mystic Forge if you have the core equivalent (one tier below lodestones): 2x Core Type + 1x Crystal + 1x Bottle of Elonian Wine + 1x Pile of Crystalline Dust

• Dungeon Gifts: obtained at the vendors in LA that also sell dungeon armor. Each costs 500 Tokens from their respective dungeons.
  • Icy Runestones are obtained after defeating the Claw of Jormag in Frostgorge Sound for 1 gold each.
Sigils Gift of Mastery and Gift of Fortune Sub-Components Image Gallery
Unfortunately we were not able to get screenshots of all the legendaries, but here are the ones we did manage to find:

Maw of the Deep

Dragons Maw/Rodgort

Kraitkin

Howler

Sunrise

Flameseeker Prophecies
Spoiler

Big thank you to everyone that contributed to creating the guide! I want to especially thank Xaragoth and sanktanglia for helping put this together and filling in the gaps.

Shout outs to: Obsecenity, Pacer, Tentenhun, /r/guildwars2, endEav0r, Asquarath, Endyma, Samhax, Buoy, Murky from Blackgate, Munkee, Mazzified, Yggdra Ashlander, Grumps, Kirby-7, Akuka, Peq, Lystic, Strill, Arys, Verone, Teste, Bennyandthejets, phamous, fratroisk, talek, Azore, Asquarath, Megashield, Strygwyr1, Lystic, Tazerz, Azore, Fudu, Kain37, Obski, Hakoz, Delolith, Clarial, Crake, Brassnautilus, Ghostly7526

Comments

#1 Anemone

Anemone

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:07 PM

Great info and nice to see the preview images of those legendaries. The only sad thing other then how hard it seems to achieve these weapons is that there is now way to see the visual effects that these weapons actually do. Can't wait to see how they actually look in game.

#2 Xaragoth

Xaragoth

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:14 PM

Pretty things, yay!

We might actually be better off using this write-up with a few changes, since it's more reading-friendly than mine :P

#3 Di-Dorval

Di-Dorval

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:15 PM

Is it just me or are most of the legendary in this gallery really ugly and seems out of place?

I guess it's nice if you just want to stand out..  The bows, scepter, mace and pistol are just ridiculous.

#4 Khalija

Khalija

Leaf on the Wind

• Administrators

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:16 PM

[quote name='Di-Dorval' timestamp='1347743723' post='1935414']

I quite like the longbow, but the shortbow is ridiculous.

Feel free to PM me if you have a question regarding moderation, want to leave some feedback, or just want to chat!

#5 Di-Dorval

Di-Dorval

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:20 PM

[quote name='Khalija' timestamp='1347743779' post='1935417']
I quite like the longbow, but the shortbow is ridiculous.

Yea the longbow is alright it just dosn't feel cool enough to be a legendary item imo. Same for the mace which just look like a disco ball.

But yea thanks for the thread ! I was curious about the legendaries.

#6 Anemone

Anemone

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:22 PM

[quote name='Di-Dorval' timestamp='1347743723' post='1935414']

You can't really tell how they look from these previews. As far as I know they all have special animations that let the user really stand out.
http://youtu.be/plCpEbV158k here you can see the great swords real look - from closed beta

#7 SilverShadow

SilverShadow

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:23 PM

I just wanted to add that Onyx Lodestones can be obtained via standard earth elemental loot (happened to me a few hours ago [Orr]).

#8 Celeborn101

Celeborn101

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:39 PM

So do you NEED a crafting proffesion, or can you make the gifts from the forge if you have all the items?

#9 adamsde107

adamsde107

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

You need TWO crafting professions.

#10 NuclearDonut

NuclearDonut

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:13 PM

Ahhhhhh the Quip looks so cool! I can't wait to see how each each weapon's particle effects (rainbow arrows FTW).

#11 el hefe

el hefe

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:43 PM

i like that they seem to be such a lengthy process to obtain.  but,  i have a feeling some people will have legendary's by October.  also,  most of them,  like most of the gear in this game,  does not appeal to me.

#12 Dulu

Dulu

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:46 PM

You need to add [b]'Gift of Thorns'[/b] to this otherwise great list.

#13 God Pain

God Pain

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:00 AM

I always feel that Staff's designs are boring in GW2 =/

I'm playing a Necro and i want a really cool staff, and i didn't found one that stands out. At the other hand we have the greatswords that are just something taken from an FF game or something.

#14 Takato

Takato

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:25 AM

Gift of exploration, is it soul bound or account bound? That's my only concern as it would limit a character to only 2 per.

#15 AbaCam

AbaCam

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:36 AM

I guess ill just save all the items for the bifrost if I get them....
Until I see the staff in game I wont be going out of my way to work towards it. Im hoping the preview is not doing it justice, well I assume its the case. Because its way to bland. I hope it does some special partical effects and other things. Like the rainbow bow shooting rainbows and what not....

#16 eviator

eviator

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:09 AM

How about those Legendary weapons having a slightly higher damage scale than exotics, despite what ANet has said about the stat plateau? (Yes, I know that the difference is very small, but it does still exist).

#17 Sheepski

Sheepski

• Moderators

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:22 AM

As it's late, could I get some confirmation on what I'm interpreting please?

For all the legendaries, everyone will need:
[list]
[*][b][url="http://www.gw2db.com/items/70047-gift-of-mastery"]Gift of Mastery[/url][/b]: [url="http://www.gw2db.com/items/63169-bloodstone-shard-s"]Bloodstone Shard[/url] + 250x [url="http://www.gw2db.com/items/63168-obsidian-shard-s"]Obsidian Shard[/url] + [url="http://www.gw2db.com/items/70050-gift-of-exploration"]Gift of Exploration[/url] + [url="http://www.gw2db.com/items/70051-gift-s-of-battle"]Gift of Battle[/url]
[*][b][url="http://www.gw2db.com/items/63150-gift-of-fortune"]Gift of Fortune[/url][/b]: 77x [url="http://www.gw2db.com/items/70048-mystic-clover"]Mystic Clover[/url] + 250x [url="http://www.gw2db.com/items/3503-glob-s-of-ectoplasm"]Glob of Ectoplasm[/url] + [url="http://www.gw2db.com/items/70046-gift-of-magic"]Gift of Magic[/url] + [url="http://www.gw2db.com/items/70045-gift-of-might"]Gift of Might[/url]
[/list]
All those materials, no matter which you want to craft?

Then coupled with a specific exotic weapon, sigil and basically 2 crafted, specific, gifts in line with whatever weapon you want?

That does seem like a lot of work/effort/time etc. I'm glad it is, and that people will earn them... but whether or not I think the reward is worth it is another thing right now :P

Question, feedback or issue? Pm me!

#18 nenne86

nenne86

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:23 AM

[quote name='eviator' timestamp='1347757791' post='1935963']
im concerned about the exact same thing, but if you look at the screenshots they have the same stats. does anyone know specifics?

#19 Jaggens

Jaggens

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:37 AM

[quote][url="http://www.gw2db.com/items/19779-destroyer-lodestone-s"]Destroyer Lodestone[/url] - Drops off Destroyers in Mount Maelstrom[/quote]
Sorrow's Embrace.

#20 Xynth22

Xynth22

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:14 AM

Well...those are going to be fun to get. Good bye social life that I don't have anyway.