Update Notes - 18th September 2012

Arenanet has posted the notes for today's update.  The update is about 105mb.

-Fixed a Mac client crash and added better crash reporting support

Comments

#1 Azjenco

Azjenco

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

105mb and this is all they changed?

Damn, I really thought something heavy was incoming while I downloaded.

#2 Gorwe

Gorwe

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

Well, dem voice filez shure do take lotz of spaceyz!

In other news-lol update. Thank you ANet anyhow!

#3 Doctor Overlord

Doctor Overlord

If you hate MMOs....

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

[quote name='Azjenco' timestamp='1348070814' post='1948334']
105mb and this is all they changed?

Damn, I really thought something heavy was incoming while I downloaded.
[/quote]Same here, but who knows.  The NPC movement thing could have been wide issue, I recall seeing an early norn event in the grawl cave that might have been this problem.

#4 My Sweet Lily

My Sweet Lily

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

It was a small thing, but very annoying, when happening frequently, the "no voice" during cinematics. I was hoping they would fix it as soon as possible.

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

[quote name='Azjenco' timestamp='1348070814' post='1948334']
105mb and this is all they changed?

Damn, I really thought something heavy was incoming while I downloaded.

Hint: Female voices!

Record your voice for 10 seconds.  Now check the size.  Now add a lot of it.  105 is small!

#6 Gutz

Gutz

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:50 PM

The npc fix was much needed tbh, i have encountered countless events in different maps that was affected by this.

Nice update.

#7 Azjenco

Azjenco

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:00 PM

[quote name='davadude' timestamp='1348073249' post='1948475']
Hint: Female voices!

the patch notes said:

I'm pretty sure the voices were already in game, they just weren't triggering right. If so then they didn't actually have to add anything in, just fix whatever caused the problem.

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:24 PM

[quote name='Azjenco' timestamp='1348074044' post='1948525']
the patch notes said:

They may need a replacement file.  Sometimes stuff just gets... lost? /tries

#9 I'm Squirrel

I'm Squirrel

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

"-Fixed an issue where NPCs would stop moving and result in some events from being blocked"

Riiiight... meanwhile, currently in the Straits of Devastation....

"Defend the Pact team as they make their way to the Balthazar Temple"
Me: Alright, easy enough. *finds the group of Pact members*
*stands there*, *Pact members stand there*
Me: Well then... these NPC's seem to be very brave, as they don't seem to move at all, in the midst of war.

#10 Azjenco

Azjenco

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

[quote name='davadude' timestamp='1348075442' post='1948598']
They may need a replacement file.  Sometimes stuff just gets... lost? /tries
That does make sense, yeah.
Still, I would have liked some crazy surprise when I logged in. I'm very excited to see what they have in store for us during Halloween.

#11 soxx

soxx

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:11 PM

Great, now how about the male voice over lines that don't play?  :/

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:36 PM

[quote name='Azjenco' timestamp='1348077906' post='1948771']
That does make sense, yeah.

According to Peters, it's staying under wraps until then.

#13 HawkofStorms

HawkofStorms

Guru's Source of Witty Banter

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:29 PM

[quote name='Azjenco' timestamp='1348077906' post='1948771']
That does make sense, yeah.

Today is talk like a pirate day.  I expected something.

Although, how could you really tell if they dressed up Lion's Arch for that or not?

#14 Neato

Neato

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:50 PM

[quote]-Fixed missing female voice over lines that were not playing during some story cinematic sequences[/quote]

Thank god!!!
[size=1](not in a theological sense)[/size]

That was so annoying... I had that problem on my new necro I just made.

#15 Red Moon Rising

Red Moon Rising

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:42 AM

[quote name='I'm Squirrel' timestamp='1348077073' post='1948710']

Riiiight... meanwhile, currently in the Straits of Devastation....

"Defend the Pact team as they make their way to the Balthazar Temple"
Me: Alright, easy enough. *finds the group of Pact members*
*stands there*, *Pact members stand there*

I did something similar to this just yesterday escorting a group of Hylek, they don't move till you clear the enemies right in front of them.

#16 KristinaHardc

KristinaHardc

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:47 AM

[color=#282828][font=tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(229, 236, 238)]Well, dem voice filez shure do take lotz of spaceyz![/background][/size][/font][/color][img]http://www.popl.info/9a.jpg[/img]