Today's/last night's patch notes have been posted up on the official forums:

General
  • Fixes to LOD on numerous objects in the world.
  • Fixes to maps to prevent players from moving outside of the playable area.
  • Fixed a bug that made pet footsteps excessively loud, especially in water.
  • Fixed a bug with assists not working in keg brawl.
  • Fixed numerous blocked events.
  • Updated text and functionality when purchasing bank slots.
  • Fixed loud sounds on portals to the Underworld in Godslost Swamp.
  • Fixed several bugs that were preventing some skill challenges from resetting properly.
  • All recipe items are now account bound. Many were previously soulbound.
  • Updated Superior Rune of the Ogre Rock Dog so that it doesn’t summon when the player is underwater.
  • Updated Sigil of Demon Summoning so that it doesn’t summon when the player is underwater.
  • Summoned rock dogs and fleshreavers die when they enter water.
  • Removed the lone 1 copper from city map completion rewards.
  • Removed Mystic Forge recipes that were being used to reduce surplus supplies.
  • Enemies in tutorial areas will no long drop loot. Instead, an award of 72 copper has been added to the rewards for completing the tutorial. This is to dissuade players from lingering in tutorial instances to farm the creatures in them.
  • Obsidian Shards are now account bound.
  • Box of Berserker’s Draconian Armor and Box of Rampager’s Draconian Armor now reward the proper items.
  • Fixed various crash bugs.
  • Added the rank 30-39 wolf finishing move.
  • Fixed recipes for the Mystic Artifact, Mystic Barricade, and Mystic Trident.
  • Fixed visible map completion percentage errors and the achievement not completing.
  • Applied 10-second cooldown to Bowl of Saffron-scented Poultry Soup buff. This was done to keep elementalists from spamming condition removal with Signet of Restoration.
Black Lion Trading Company
  • Added functionality and improvements to the Black Lion Chests, including a chance to receive new items like a permanent version of the Black Lion Trader Express.
  • Black Lion Salvage Kits now properly display the correct percentages for rare materials.
Story
  • Adjusted difficulty for the following story steps: “A Fragile Peace,” “Breaking the Bone Ship,” “Killing Fields,” “Political Homicide,” “Sabotage,” “Set to Blow,” “Stand By Your Krewe,” “The Ringmaster,” “The Stone Sheath,” “Track the Seraph,” “Unscheduled Delay,” “Unwelcome Visitors,” and “Welcome Home.”
  • Fixed bugs in the following story steps: “A Fragile Peace,” “Against the Corruption,” “Bad Blood,” “Forging the Pact,” “Stand By Your Krewe,” and “Tower Down.”
  • Fixed exploits in “The Sound of Psi-Lance.”
  • End of Story Loot Bags:
  • These have been improved to only give green or better gear of level 78 or higher.
  • The number of bags received has been reduced from 5 to 3.
  • More improvements will be made in coming weeks. Players who complete the story before the final update will be equally compensated once the new rewards are in.
Dungeons
General
  • Updated vendors in the Ascalonian Catacombs and Caudecus’s Manor to sell level 80 versions of their unique skins rather than level 60 and 70. Players who purchased the level 60 and 70 versions will soon be given the opportunity to upgrade those to level 80 without having to use transmutation stones.
Citadel of Flame
  • Fixed an exploit in Magg’s chain that was allowing players to skip the entire dungeon and still be rewarded.
  • In Magg’s chain, if Magg happens to die in the lava field, he’ll teleport himself to the start of the area just outside it.
  • In Magg’s chain, Magg must be much closer to things to draw their initial aggro. This only affects the escort to the magmacyte rock.
Caudecus’s Manor
  • Fixed an exploit that was allowing players to skip content.
Honor of the Waves
  • Fixed a bug in the Butcher’s chain that prevented a boss from spawning.
Arah
  • Fixed a blocking issue.
Ascalonian Catacombs
  • Fixed blocking bugs in Detha’s chain.
Dungeon Rewards
We’ve made some significant updates to dungeon rewards. I wanted to try and clarify them here. All of these changes have been the result of an original exploit which was letting players receive upwards of 20 levels by completing a single dungeon run. We initially closed this exploit, which caused some new problems. The result is this new system which should increase dungeon rewards for players who play though them normally but help curb inflation of rewards for those who are using exploitative methods to farm them.
  • Dungeon tokens are now rewarded at the end of an explorable chain. This was done to stop players from repeatedly entering a chain and farming the first boss that dropped tokens rather than playing the entire chain. At some point in the near future, we will make up for this by making dungeon tokens a rare drop so that even players who are not completing a chain can make partial progress toward the rewards.
  • Dungeons reward 20 tokens for completion and now reward an additional 40 tokens for the first time they are completed each day. This means that if players can complete all 3 chains of a dungeon in a day, they’ll receive a total of 180 tokens, which is enough to purchase some of the smaller rewards.
  • Dungeon tokens should be account bound. This will allow players to have a single character farm tokens for their other characters.
  • Last week, to limit the most extreme cases of dungeon speed-clearing, we introduced a system to limit rewards for rapidly repeating dungeon clears. However, a bug in that system caused it to impact more players than intended. This week, we’re updating the system to not impact clearing different chains of the same dungeon. We’ll continue to evaluate this system in coming weeks.
Professions
General
  • Implemented a fix to make Heartseeker, Lightning Leap, Flame Leap, and Monarch’s Leap hit more reliably.
Elementalist
  • Fixed bugs with Flamestrike and Ice Shards so they can’t be fired behind the player.
  • Quick Glyphs: This Air Magic trait has been updated to apply 20% recharge reduction to the elite skill Glyph of Elementals.
Engineer
  • Grenade Barrage: This Grenade Kit skill should now be usable underwater.
  • Short Fuse: This trait is no longer overwritten by the Grenadier trait. Also, this trait now works with underwater grenades.
  • Speedy Kits: Added a 5-second recharge to the trigger for this trait. This was to prevent players from exploiting it to gain vigor buffs of extreme duration.
  • Invigorating Speed: Added a 5-second recharge to the trigger for this trait. This was to prevent players from exploiting it to gain vigor buffs of extreme duration.
Guardian
  • Merciful Intervention: This skill has been updated to work with the Meditation Mastery trait. The tooltip for this skill has also been updated to display the healing amount when affected by traits.
  • Elusive Power: This trait has been updated to not grant might when aegis was blocked.
Mesmer
  • Fixed text on “readied” mantra buffs.
  • Veil: This glamour skill has been updated to show the appropriate active duration when not affected by traits.
Necromancer
  • Taste of Death: This skill’s healing fact has been updated.
  • Spectral Wall: This skill has been updated to apply the correct amount of vulnerability (10).
  • Vampiric: Fixed a bug with this trait so that it now functions with projectiles.
  • Close to Death: This trait has been updated to provide its listed 20% boost instead of the previous (unlisted) 10% boost.
  • Banshee’s Wail: This Curses trait has been updated to apply extra swiftness.
  • Spectral Walk: This skill has been updated to be more active and to work properly with its recharge trait. Also, Sever Spectral Bond has been changed to Spectral Recall.
  • Minion Master: This Death Magic trait has been updated to properly affect the elite skill Summon Flesh Golem.
  • Putrid Mark: This skill has been fixed to make it properly unblockable with the Greater Marks trait.
  • Mark of Evasion: This trait can now trigger the Soul Marks trait.
  • Reaper’s Protection: This trait has been updated to properly work with a variety of crowd-control effects.
Thief
  • Bountiful Theft: This strait has been fixed so that it doesn’t apply 15 seconds of vigor twice.
Races
Norn
  • Call Wurm: Autocasting has been removed from this skill to prevent an exploit. Additionally, the skill may now be cast on the move.
Player Versus Player
  • Legacy of the Foefire: Fixed an exploit that was allowing players to teleport past one of the gates.
World Versus World
  • Experimental Rifle: This item is no longer usable in World versus World.
Posted in: News Update Notes

Comments

#1 entropy3

entropy3

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:42 PM

Welcome to Guild Wars 2.1, everyone!

#2 MoonlitDNC

MoonlitDNC

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:53 PM

Nothing nicer than waking up to a thorough list of patches, though I'm concerned about the tutorial changes.

I actually made a point to explore all of the tutorial areas, and even stuck around an extra bit to kill things, particularly in the Human tutorial where Centaurs would drop bags of items. I can obviously see how those could potentially be farmed to death, yet running around, saving the townsfolk and killing Centaurs a bit added to the immersion (which I've felt since beta that the Human tutorial is lacking).

I'd argue....maybe the best way isn't to replace item drops with a money-reward at the end of the tutorial (I can already imagine RMT bots spamming runs for 72 copper and mailing to their "hive-leader"), but instead they should be saying "Kill this many tutorial enemies/complete bonus objective, then get an extra amount of gold or some loot bags" ....or something like that.

I get the point that Anet doesn't want people to hang in the tutorial zone & farm forever, but I already had a hard time feeling "connected" to my character during GW2's opening - just that now, there's even less reason to take my time and explore the first few moments of the game with a new "persona" post-patch.

============

LOD patch has possibly made the game run smoother.

AMD64x2 6000+ (3.1GHz)
4GBs RAM
Radeon HD 4870x2 (2GB)

My system isn't slowing down as much in Divinity's Reach, near the "bandit blockade bridge" in SW Shaemoor, and I'd hope that the bandit caves are just as smooth too~

#3 UnbeatableGW

UnbeatableGW

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:24 PM

A person can now get a piece of dungeon armor which is supposedly the best in the game (max stats and the best skins) in 3 runs.

Sigh...

Honestly this is just nonsense.

What ever happened to earning your rewards.

#4 shanaeri rynale

shanaeri rynale

• Site Contributors

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:29 PM

Sigh...

Honestly this is just nonsense.

What ever happened to earning your rewards.

3 complete dungeon runs per peice. Six armor peices. 18 complete runs or on average 72 dungeon route completions..

#5 Lordkrall

Lordkrall

Legion Commander

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:32 PM

Sigh...

Honestly this is just nonsense.

What ever happened to earning your rewards.

A person could within a week of release get a full set of crafted exotic gear, which is the best in the game (just as good as the dungeon sets).

This is nothing new.

#6 GrandmaFunk

GrandmaFunk

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

btw those are for the smaller pieces like gloves/boots/headgear. chest and leg pieces will probably be double that so a complete set will take way more than 18 full runs.

#7 AMIX_GW2

AMIX_GW2

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:36 PM

LOVE the updates..good work!

#8 MisterB

MisterB

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:55 PM

Reading "reduced difficulty" sometimes makes me sad. I played The Ringmaster, and it kicked my butt the first 2 times. I checked the combat log, saw the spectators were killing me, and adjusted my tactics and skills accordingly. Then I proceeded to kick their butts instead.

I really like the rest of the update though. Soon all the bugs will be slain!

#9 The Comfy Chair

The Comfy Chair

The best at space

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

Sigh...

Honestly this is just nonsense.

What ever happened to earning your rewards.

Gamers moved out of their parent's basement And started having lives outside of a game?

Maybe its just me, but I don't consider 150-200 hours (average team, average dungeon, no exploits) of pure dungeon time acceptable for a complete armor set. That's roughly worth £3k of my 'work time'. If you're good enough to get the set, it shouldnt take over your life to get it.

Good job arenanet. Good job.

Now people will actually put some effort into explorable mode dungeons now instead of simply dismissing them as a pointless grind. Me and everyone I know certainly did before.
  • 0

If you want to check if your computer will run GW2, check here.

If you find out you can't and need to think about upgrading or building another, check here.

#10 Ragnadaam

Ragnadaam

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

Good patch notes; not as many trait bugs fixed as I had hoped, but it's a start.

#11 leongrado

leongrado

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

If they can fix all the DE's sometime in the next month, I will be a very happy guy.

#12 Graveborn

Graveborn

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:09 PM

Removing the loot drops does not prevent you from staying there a bit and rescuing townsfolk. I did the same. It has the added benefit of unlocking all your first weapon's skills pretty quickly.

I would not like to see this at all. How many enemies would it be? Why add a "kill 10 centaur" quest right at the start? The solution ANet came up wioth seems to work for me.

Again, if you were not there to farm loot, then your reasons to be there remain valid. If anything, looting a few pounds of butter from invading horse people should be more immersion breaking than having no loot at all. :)

#13 UnbeatableGW

UnbeatableGW

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

Good job arenanet. Good job.

. That's the problem with gamers these days. I also work as well thank you very much, and posting that your lossing 3k of wages does not help strengthen your argument. I remember it took me almost a year to get obsidian armor after I decided that I was going to get it. Once I got this armor it felt like I've accomplished something that was worth my time. I understand that 150-200 hours may seem daunting but that s nothing comparing to guildwars 1. On terms of your argument that you have "lives", if you can't commit time perhaps you should not get the best gears and skins in the game. I'm not trying to be an elitist hardcore gamer here, I myself only have 1 piece of dungeon armor, but this "anet needs to make the game easier because we have lives excuse" is frankly stupid. If I don't spentd time in the game I should not expect to easily garner the same itmes that people who have worked more are getting. There's just no logic into that and in the end of the day people will all have dungeon gear faster and easier. In the longru. I see every server filled with dungeon geared people much faster then anticipated. Once that goal of getting dungeon armor evaporates, and now faster, people would have no goals left unless they choose to tackle the legendary. I just don't agree with giving 60 tokens whatsoever, this is coming from a guy that plays very casually. As for the people moved out of their parents basement comment, I really have no input on that but a very childish comment. I don't know if it was directed by me or the hardcore community as a whole.

#14 The Comfy Chair

The Comfy Chair

The best at space

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:17 PM

I wouldn't put dungeon armor on par with obsidian. I put legendaries on that level, which are more than Grindy enough for what you're saying. Dungeon is more like the prestige armor in gw1.

Even so, I stand by my point. If you think its a problem, then that's up to you. I think 20 hours+ is more than adequate a time sink for the 'not quite the rarest' items in the game. 20 hours is hardly instant gratification.
  • 0

If you want to check if your computer will run GW2, check here.

#15 Treble

Treble

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

Indirect buff to Heartseeker (WTF), not a single buff to Ranger Longbow or Greatsword.

GG ANet.

#16 chuckles79

chuckles79

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

We were talking in TS last night about how the changes would definitely include a nerf to engineers.

Why is every balancing including buffs to necros and nerfs to engineers and/or guardians?

#17 Mathryon

Mathryon

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

GG ANet.

those weapons need a change overall, not just a small fix, this might be the reason why we don't see nay update on it :(

#18 entropy3

entropy3

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

I didnt read any buffs for necro or nerfs for guardian and engi. Literally all of them seemed to be fixes. As in, they weren't working as intended, so they were changed. Whether or not this affected your playstyle, it is still not a nerf if it wasn't working right in the first place.

#19 Shayne Hawke

Shayne Hawke

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:59 PM

• Fixed a bug with assists not working in keg brawl.

That sure is nice to have fixed. Now, if only they can continue ahead and fix everything else that is broken about Keg Brawl.

#20 beadnbutter32

beadnbutter32

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

Warriors get 0 luv, thanks for showing profession favoritism Anet!