Time for a Vacation - Teaser

Arenanet has just released this picture on their social media accounts (credit to Vahkris for being the first, thank you!).  It features a Tyrian image advertising a new "vacation" beach-like zone, currently called The Lost Shores.  The translated words feature a humor-filled (at least, Mad King Thorn inspired) disclaimer that hints at a upcoming November content update.

Avast! Ahoy all ye landlubbers!
The hardworking members of the consortium are proud to announce the upcoming unveiling of your dream vacation! coming soon we will open the gate – the asura gate – connecting Lion’s Arch to a veritable tropical paradise of magnificent proportions!

Swim in the radiant waters*!
Relax on the beach*!
Dance the night away*!
Prepare to hoist your jolly roger and to embark on a most majestic adventure with your favorite band of salty dogs!

Arr You Ready?

*Towels not included. The consortium cannot be held responsible for aquatic-related and rythmic-related injuries(or other injuries related to misadventure or otherwise general buffonery). Our medical staff will be on-call to happily ignore your needs should they inevitable arise.
Promoted from Time for a vacation!

Comments

#1 matsif

matsif

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

pirates.

not as exciting as I had hoped.

#2 Howl

Howl

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

The image is also in-game outside the bank in LA.

#3 Flaming_Foxx

Flaming_Foxx

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

View Postmatsif, on 02 November 2012 - 08:30 PM, said:

pirates.

not as exciting as I had hoped.

I wouldn't be certain it has anything to do with Pirates.
Lions Arch was built by Pirates and features pirates heavily, so I think the sign is in Pirate Speak simply because of where it is? Hopefully (Not a fan of pirates...)

Also, international talk like a pirate day was in September... -Fingers crossed for something monster related rather than pirate related-

#4 Lol Lol Lol Guy

Lol Lol Lol Guy

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

View PostFlaming_Foxx, on 02 November 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

I wouldn't be certain it has anything to do with Pirates.

Idk it does also mention "jolly roger." lol. Honestly I'm just overjoyed its not Risen. That alone makes this update a 10/10

#5 matsif

matsif

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

View PostLol Lol Lol Guy, on 02 November 2012 - 08:35 PM, said:

Honestly I'm just overjoyed its not Risen. That alone makes this update a 10/10

I do agree here, I haven't even gone to orr since I finished the PS on my first character.

#6 ogrejd

ogrejd

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

Meh. I miss the days when they'd just give out info instead of "viral marketing" crap. :/  Maybe I'm abnormal, but this sort of thing just puts me off rather than makes me interested...

#7 johnnyutah21

johnnyutah21

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

Hopefully pirates with hooks that they throw at you and pull you to them as you run by.

#8 Flaming_Foxx

Flaming_Foxx

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

View PostLol Lol Lol Guy, on 02 November 2012 - 08:35 PM, said:

I haven't even made it to Orr yet -busy exploring every single other map and doing university exams-, so I can't sympathise xD.

#9 Reiden221

Reiden221

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

Don't worry Foxx, unless your a mindless karma farmer, you'll get to Orr, get your 100%'s and then leave, never to return.  Like me.

#10 ilr

ilr

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

Y'know what was  truly epic and intimidating Tileset that didn't just look like an Apocalyptic fiery hellscape --or-- an iridescent Coral & Tentacle & Demonic phalus bibleblack-scape complete with Monster Vagoo?  ... The Arcane Sanctuary in Diablo2...   That thing was really crazy, really challenging like you were getting a taste of End-game halfway through the game,  COOL LOOKING, required thinking with PORTALS, and was a lot of fun to play in (once they fixed it so that Pets/Summons didn't cause Body-Blocking)

I think that's why so many people prefer Frostgate and Caducuses manor even though the rewards kind of suck.

#11 clipbord

clipbord

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

View PostReiden221, on 02 November 2012 - 09:16 PM, said:

agree, haha after completing the story and got my 100%. I have never step foot on orr again.

#12 ToySoldier

ToySoldier

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

Yay for tropical adventure. I don't like volcanic zones. They make me feel like I got a heatstroke, and thirsty.  Undeads make me feel I'm diseased with their mildew.  Tropical zones are like Hawaii, fun to visit.  I hope there are some high level tropical zones I can gather top tier mats in, instead of being trapped in volcanic, undead zones. :lol:

Oh, snow is .. brrrr.. makes me feel like I got frozen.

#13 Baktwerel

Baktwerel

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

My guildies and I heartily agree that this poster sounds like a trap set by pirates. Every other poster is warning us about sea monsters and stuff approaching and all the dangers... and this one is trying to lure us there... Sounds fishy, no?

#14 Mournblade

Mournblade

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

View PostToySoldier, on 02 November 2012 - 10:32 PM, said:

Oh, snow is .. brrrr.. makes me feel like I got frozen.

Yer a real honest to goodness adventurer, you are. Kinda like going camping in the back yard. :D

#15 ToySoldier

ToySoldier

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

View PostMournblade, on 02 November 2012 - 11:15 PM, said:

That's what mmorpg is about.  Camping in the back yard.  For a break from real life true traumatic duties. ;)

View PostBaktwerel, on 02 November 2012 - 11:08 PM, said:

Would be funny if the pirates kidnapped us and imprisons us in a cave.  (If the zone is programmed so that while we are working down a path suddenly a cut scene happens, pirates surround us, we're whirled into a cave.  There, next thing we need to break out-- as long as the break out doesn't take too long so it'll be casual player friendly.)

#16 Xuphor

Xuphor

She's watching...

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

My guess is that this will end up like the "Tropical paradise vacation resort" in the first Ratchet and Clank game.
That is, it'll have a major problem of some kind, be overrun with aggros, and (in GW2's case only) loads of underwater combat.

Just my guess, given general video game knowledge and how things work in them.

#17 Majic

Majic

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

I'm calling it now: Risen Pirates.

All Putrifiers and Plague Carriers.

#18 Rahmo

Rahmo

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

View PostReiden221, on 02 November 2012 - 09:16 PM, said:

Orr (I am so funny!) get to 80, sod getting 100%, leave and never return. Heck I can't even bring myself to finish my PS :(

#19 Xephyr

Xephyr

Fashion Addict

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:39 AM

View Postjohnnyutah21, on 02 November 2012 - 08:46 PM, said:

Yep.. While shouting ''Yarrr! everyone, come!'' ;)

View PostXuphor, on 02 November 2012 - 11:49 PM, said:

That is, it'll have a major problem of some kind, be overrun with aggros, and loads of underwater combat.

Just my guess, given general video game knowledge and how things work in them.

I loved that game :')

#20 FinalForm

FinalForm

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:14 AM

View PostXuphor, on 02 November 2012 - 11:49 PM, said:

Just my guess, given general video game knowledge and how things work in them.
There was never any underwater combat in Ratchet and Clank, only swimming sections and a giant shark thing that would eat you if you didn't deal with it in certain puzzle sections/swam too far out.

That aside, I kind of get this feel. Something I also sort of hope for is a visit to the Ring of Fire, or (a long shot), Istan. Perhaps even throwing us into the mouth of the Crystal Desert. Idk. Speculation killed the avid forum goer, I believe is how the phrase goes.