The official forums are abuzz with what seems to be new Black Lion Trading items listed on the Trading Post. In regards to the Merchant and Name Contract, we discovered those early last month. Does this mean we'll start seeing these soon? Perhaps in the November 16th patch that's coming up?

Comments

#1 Axton Bane

Axton Bane

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

Im confused about power trader
I wonder what rc controller does and as well as bew transform
All of the others are pretty helpful
Lets wait and see

#2 Xephyr

Xephyr

Fashion Addict

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

''BWE Transform Weapon'' sounds interesting o.o

And I wonder how much the black lion merchant will cost.

#3 MeltyLotus

MeltyLotus

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

I hope that stat reset is a typo or something.

If we have to start spending gems to reset our traits I'm sure a lot of people are going to be pissed off. Would not be good for the game imo.

#4 Quise

Quise

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

Nooooo Power Trader should be made us normal posibility to trade more than 250 items on one click not to made a profitable goods for what we need to paid. :<

#5 Inraged Twitch

Inraged Twitch

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

[quote name='MeltyLotus' timestamp='1352157404' post='2063762']
I hope that stat reset is a typo or something.

Stats are different than traits.

I would assume that on the NOV 15 update they are doing away with the auto stat setup and going back to GW1 type?  [u][i]Press H and highlight over Attributes....[/i][/u]

#6 Kurosov

Kurosov

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

[quote name='Inraged Twitch' timestamp='1352157495' post='2063765']
Stats are different than traits.

I'd say it's FAR more likely that this will simply be a "reset trait point allocation" option in an item. Just like the armour repairs it means you dot have to find an NPC for the service, Convenience over mapping to LA basically.

#7 Sans

Sans

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:54 PM

[quote name='MeltyLotus' timestamp='1352157404' post='2063762']
I hope that stat reset is a typo or something.

Or maybe it's just a portable trait reset so you dont have to run back to town....
Why always jump to worst case scenario?

#8 Var

Var

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

I do hope that they aren't about to limit high volume trading on the TP in some strange attempt to limit bots. It seems pretty heavy handed and will hurt more players than bots (as the bots will just buy the Power Trader). I hope I am over thinking this and this is just a fancy trick to let people buy 1000s of stuff rather than 4x 250.

#9 Reiden221

Reiden221

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:11 AM

Forcing bots to purchase from Anet would be a good thing, it means less profit for them, which would force them to increase the cost of buying gold from 3rd party, which means fewer people would go to them and eventually they will be driven off... one can hope anyway.

I also don't see how this could possibly hurt players.  Who is trading 4000 of an item at a time, seriously.  And if you are, are you sure your not a gold farmer?

#10 Alaroxr

Alaroxr

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:48 AM

The game was once where you set your own attributes, then they did away with it and put in the current system where you have a default 916 in each stat at lv 80, with a specific amount of starting health and where the first 916 precision = 4% critical chance.

I'm most interested and confused in the attribute reset item since Traits =/= Attributes. Traits increase your attributes, but they don't mean attributes.

[quote name='Reiden221' timestamp='1352171517' post='2064079']

I used to make money in one market via trading about 2000 of an item at a time, until the market rooted that method of money making out (probably because other people found out about it). I promise I'm not a gold farmer.

#11 Sans

Sans

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:55 AM

Power trader is to stop people from profiting too much off price spikes, such as the Black Lion Chest.

#12 RabidusIncendia

RabidusIncendia

• 1953 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:38 AM

Not really, I just went straight to buy orders during spikes, since they go quickly in the flash of an eye.  It's really more to stop millions of buy orders from stacking up.
Fun while it lasted.  I guess.

#13 Lunacy Polish

Lunacy Polish

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:26 PM

I am still mystified what RC controller is supposed to be.  I am pretty sure the state reset item is just like a portable trait reset.

#14 Lordkrall

Lordkrall

Legion Commander

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

[quote name='Lunacy Polish' timestamp='1352208396' post='2064768']

The stat reset item is an item from alpha/closed beta when the game had attribute points as in GW1

#15 Lunacy Polish

Lunacy Polish

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

Wait they are actually going to let us tweak the base stats?  Given how this system works that seems like a major tweak to throw in.  I'd be ticked off, having busted my hump to get the exact gear I needed when I could have just bought anything and redistributed the bad stats to compensate.  Then again it would pretty much eliminate grinding for exotics on future characters.

#16 Lordkrall

Lordkrall

Legion Commander

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

[quote name='Lunacy Polish' timestamp='1352209519' post='2064795']

No.. they HAD that system in place in alpha an early beta. In which this item was used.
That have long since been removed though and someone most likely mistakenly flagged it as usable in the code.

#17 Erikir

Erikir

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

Maybe the RC controller lets you control what your mini does...  One could have Minipet races! :D

#18 Lunacy Polish

Lunacy Polish

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

Ah okay.  Thanks that makes more sense.  I was actually hoping it was a portable trait resetter though.

#19 MoonlitDNC

MoonlitDNC

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

[quote name='Lunacy Polish' timestamp='1352208396' post='2064768']

I'm wondering if it's going to be a [i]direct[/i] answer to the botting problem & be a way for Anet to give people who play with bots a "legal" alternative to outside programs.

It seems many modern Chinese games have a system where you pay the company money to use the company's official bot as a rental for a certain period of time.  This keeps accounts safe from being hacked & RMT'd, plus the game company gets money for providing an extra, secure player service.

So "RC Controller"......that's what I think of when I read that item name......though it could in fact turn out to be an actual car toy.....

#20 Thorfinnr

Thorfinnr

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

Or RC Controller could be a way to control a Golem for Golem Battles...or to control Minis in the little arena on the beach in LA...could be cool.