UPDATE:  NAMES HAVE BEEN FREED.

Three hours until names are released

Arenanet just posted a friendly reminder warning players from the original game that the character names reserved through the original games' Hall of Monuments will be unlocked for all to use and claim in under three hours.  Get them whilst you can!

We know that a lot of you have been waiting for character names that are currently reserved through Guild Wars. As we said earlier this year, we wanted to keep name reservation active until our support team worked through the initial rush of support tickets after launch day. We’ve got good news: That time has arrived and all reserved names will be released next week, November 8th, at 2:00 PM PST (23:00 CET). If you have a character name reserved from Guild Wars and haven’t gotten around to making that character in Guild Wars 2, this is the time to do so. If you’ve been waiting for a reserved name, your wait is almost over!

Comments

• 2099 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

I wonder which names people are going to get from GW1. XD

#2 Lol Lol Lol Guy

Lol Lol Lol Guy

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

Unfortunately, I like many other people in the past few days have been swept up in a storm of unjust banning (which also happened to me at launch) so I have to wait for ArenaNet's terribly slow customer support to unban my account (AGAIN.) Back at launch, i was mistaken for a gold seller and it took 2 weeks to get my account back. Now, I've been banned for supposedly being a bot! So hopefully, the name I want is still free. it's taken in gw1, but that guy hasnt used that name if he has a gw2 account.

#3 Ares

Ares

Resident Cartographer

• Site Contributors

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

Surprisingly it turns out that I do not have a lot of names that I want to copy over from GW1. 15 characters and I only want one - thing is the name seems appropriate for a close-combat charr and I seem to have charr and close-combat already covered by other characters. Might drop that one too. Most of my characters shared the same first name and I have come to the realisation that I should have been more creative in GW1.

If anybody wants it, Ima Charrdian should be free. My Charr Guardian already has a name and for whatever reason the idea of a Charrdian made me want to reserve that name. Not any more.

#4 Baron von Scrufflebutt

Baron von Scrufflebutt

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

Woohoo!
Names were freed!

#5 dreamstation

dreamstation

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

They were. Too bad we kept getting "New Character Limit Exceeded" error while having 2 spare slots.

Missed out on the name I wanted thanks to that.

GG.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

Updated OP to reflect current situation.

#7 Dark

Dark

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

The Names have been freed! :D equal rights!

#8 Age

Age

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

They better not take any of mine as well as my Guild name even though I am not playing this game.

#9 Sparrow

Sparrow

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

Be free my lovelies!

I'll miss you.

• 2099 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

View PostAres, on 08 November 2012 - 09:41 PM, said:

People were thinking about this in GW1 but we thought, we would get them right away on launch but that wasn't the case but there a couple of people that want it now. =)

#11 Darkobra

Darkobra

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

So it went from "Get them now! You got 3 days to get them!" to "Yeah, we'll get them freed eventually..." Still, when I was making a ranger modeled after my girlfriend and her dog, there was a name that was perfect for it but was taken by someone in GW1. Got it! It's now mine! Just had to wait 2 extra MONTHS!

#12 jumperdono

jumperdono

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:02 AM

I like many other people in the past few days have been swept up in a storm of unjust banningPosted ImagePosted Image

#13 Rhododendron

Rhododendron

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

They've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Abaddon dancing off the shoulder of Elona. They've watched luxons and kurzicks leaving objectives neutral in the Jade Quarry.
All those ... names will be lost in time, like tears ... in rain.
Time to feed the cat.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

View PostDark, on 08 November 2012 - 11:12 PM, said:

The Names have been freed! :D equal rights!

Very funny, you gais.