Rate Article   * * * - - 3 votes

The Lost Shores - Phase Three

Arenanet just announced on their facebook page that the third and final phase of the Lost Shores is live!  You can access the new zones, fight against Karka, and access new events.

Phase three of the Lost Shores event is live! Join us in Southsun Cove to take on the karka invasion! Check your in-game mail for details. ~RB2

You can find more information on the final phase on the event page, and stay tuned for updates!

This is it: the final battle against the fierce Ancient Karka on the brand-new Southsun Cove map. Only the combined might of the heroes of Tyria has any hope against a creature this powerful, which means we need you! This once-in-a-lifetime event takes place only on November 18—don’t miss it.

Comments

#1 dawdler

dawdler

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

Once in a lifetime opportunity to experience lag like you've never lagged before.

The event is just as broken as previous events. I wont even bother finishing it. We where pushing the ancient karka when faced with the infinite loading screen... only to join another overflow where the event had barely progressed at all with the demos. No thank you. I dont have all night for this "once in a lifetime" event. I have a life.

#2 Blixcoe

Blixcoe

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

A broken shit-piece of mind*. These events gave you nothing either so if you skip it you miss NOTHING. A complete waste of time and armor repair. I died from the spider-sperm they spewed out and their rolling which insta-down and kill you. Everyone just dies and revives.
Utter fail, anet. Utter fail.
+I had to sit in loading screen for 15 minutes so I lost the only rich-orichalcum node I've ever seen. Yeah.

#3 Mortiferums

Mortiferums

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

This event is a sad failure.

Why... just...

In few words: Culling + lag + insane zerg + bugged mobs.

I don't think i need to say more.

#4 Greensuitjacket

Greensuitjacket

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

I think the mechanics for this are great and prevent faceroll zergs, you actualy have to avoid stuff and focus target. Downing the tree, the rocks, blocking the vents. all cool cinematic big boss stuff. Biggest gripe is the lack of loot,. Nearly none of the mobs drop anything. Really hope there is a chest or something at the end. Need to have some kind of reward for a once ever event

#5 ultima

ultima

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

i have lags while doing paid tournaments because of pve-events.
i bought this game because of the pvp and their e-sports potential...

plx dont throw it away...

#6 Limbo

Limbo

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

Just more big health bars and insta-kill damage.

#7 kaldemeo

kaldemeo

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

For me it is just fun to be part of a bigger one time event!
Takes some time, it is not the best thing i have done in GW2 (major technical problems), but didnt expect much. Still not done with the event. BRB

#8 GSSB Lunaspike

GSSB Lunaspike

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

I wish people that complete it the best of luck. This was a complete waste of time. Frustrating, broken, laggy...all words I would use to describe this. Mobs that are so glitched it's just stupid. I can't begin to comprehend how this passed QA.

This is the very problem I warned people about a month ago. If you continue to say "great job Anet, ignore the whiners*", things like this will get worse. This was a horrible event, it's been broken since day one. On BP I never got to even finish the first days events because sure "you can finish after phase 2 starts" didn't cover the fact that the phase one event broke again during phase two.

Anyway like I said to those that do it, congrats. To me not worth the time. Going to play more AC until it's over.

*whiners== people with completely valid complaints, that are only taking the time to complain because they want the game to be better.

#9 Swift Red

Swift Red

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

There is a 3 to 5 minute delay on any skill I use, I can't do a thing in this event.

#10 Arewn

Arewn

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

Could be a great event, if not for the whole '100+ people all on one spot spamming spell effects' making it a prolonged faceroll. Anet will have to find a better way to heard/organize the players in these events.

#11 Taargkrizzt

Taargkrizzt

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

Here's the best part. they *ed up this event so hard, that even players who could care less about oversized bugs and just want to WvW have 1-10s delay aswell. Well done Anet, well done.

I suspect a massive amount of the friends invited during the weekend will spend a lot of money in your shop.

#12 Inraged Twitch

Inraged Twitch

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

my only grip other than the occasional lag is loot I don't know if I wasn't doing enough damage to the mobs or what but through the entire event I think got 6 pieces of loot drop?

ANET PLEASE introduce FoW and UW again.

#13 My Sweet Lily

My Sweet Lily

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

Anet:Let's make a multiple hours long zerg, with foes that have big healthpool and an one-shot skill! This will make them happy.

#14 My Sweet Lily

My Sweet Lily

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

Oh how nice. I got disconnected, and now I can't get back, so I'm not getting the end chest. People are getting really nice loot from it, and now it seems that after 2h I'm not getting anything.

#15 Sparrow

Sparrow

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

So... apparently precursors dropped like hotcakes from whatever chest this thing spawns. At least on my overflow. :I

#16 Xodiak

Xodiak

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

Ran without issue on my server..the main and overflows. No probs here.. and the chest loot was damn good!

confirmed: cannot get the chest on the same toon. (as we suspected)

#17 serus

serus

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

Anyone else disconnect in the middle of the event and then relog onto an overflow server where the event is long over?

#18 Faowri

Faowri

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

I actually got a lot less lag than on the previous events. Very little, until close to the end. The 'kill reinforcements' sections were far too long, and the enemy culling made karka invisible half the time until they were rolling over you, but other than that, I pretty much enjoyed it.

#19 The Killer Wind

The Killer Wind

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

Yo ANet I crashed at the end of the event and got nothing I hope there will be something you can do about that?

#20 Danael

Danael

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

Well, I didn't have lag problems for the third part - but the event was kinda like spamming 1 and staying away from any mob. But the loot from the chest was really nice. A lot of precursors were in map chat and the tp was instantly offline ;)