ArenaNet has announced in Twitter that there are some new sale items on the BLTC Gem store! Self-style hair kits sell for 250 gems or 5 kits for 1000 gems and the total makeover kits sell for 350 gems or 5 kits for 1400 gems. They also went on to say that the makeover kit does NOT include a name change.

@GuildWars2: Now available on the Black Lion Trading Company, Style Hair and Total Makeover Kits, enjoy :) ^AT [Source]

So who's excited about these new kits? Who plans on changing their appearance anytime soon?

Comments

#1 jirayasan

jirayasan

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:52 AM

Awesome!! Gender change aswell?

#2 Omedon

Omedon

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

(Emptying this post since it looks rather silly after the mods filled my OP with info)
I'm an opinionated son of a gun!  Feel free to visit my blog, "Tales from the Void: Adventures in gaming whilst siezing Saidin"

#3 BreadBuddy

BreadBuddy

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

[quote name='jirayasan' timestamp='1354017178' post='2097993']
Awesome!! Gender change aswell?
Just checked, you can change gender as well.

This whole time I thought makeover kits would come along with a huge update yet here it is just randomly available.

#4 Atticus

Atticus

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

Awesome, been waiting for these though I do wish there was a way to change your characters name as well

#5 Danael

Danael

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

Could somebody post the prices please?

#6 Itgotbinned

Itgotbinned

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

I know these are titled make over kits but could someone clarify whether this allows a race change or not? (Though i highly doubt it does!)

Cheers,
Binit

#7 JasmineMcCoy

JasmineMcCoy

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

[quote name='Danael' timestamp='1354018513' post='2098014']
Could somebody post the prices please?

total makeover: 350 for one, 1400 for 5
only hair: 250 for one, 1000 for 5

[quote name='Itgotbinned' timestamp='1354018858' post='2098019']

Cheers,
Binit

No, no race or profession change.

#8 Itgotbinned

Itgotbinned

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

Thanks Jasmine, appreciate the confirmation.

Binit

#9 jirayasan

jirayasan

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

For a race and proffesion change you would have to change your entire story and that's not possible. It could however work so that you goes into character creation and let you create the new character as a lvl 80 and reset the story.

#10 raspberry jam

raspberry jam

Vigil Crusader

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:33 PM

[quote name='jirayasan' timestamp='1354019488' post='2098027']let you create the new character as a lvl 80 and reset the story.
[/quote]I'd start playing the game again just because of this.

#11 Illein

Illein

• 2037 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

[quote name='JasmineMcCoy' timestamp='1354018884' post='2098020']
total makeover: 350 for one, 1400 for 5
only hair: 250 for one, 1000 for 5

No, no race or profession change.

Surprised it comes so cheap to be honest! Too bad there is no race change yet, that would probably been something I would have taken use of - the other things...meh, still rather content with my characters looks, but great to see it's in! :)

#12 cyclopsje

cyclopsje

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

[quote name='raspberry jam' timestamp='1354019582' post='2098029']
I'd start playing the game again just because of this.

You would only play if you could reset personall story and stay 80 with different race???  or start as a lvl 80. Its no so hard to get to 80. :)

#13 Matsy

Matsy

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

Wow 350 gems for a TOTAL make over kit?
I thought It would be in the thousands or something....
GG Anet....gg.

#14 Daelin Dwin

Daelin Dwin

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:57 PM

I think they could have made a killing with these if they also added in a bunch of new character creation options at the same time.

#15 raspberry jam

raspberry jam

Vigil Crusader

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

[quote name='cyclopsje' timestamp='1354020025' post='2098034']
[/quote]I would like to see other professions' and backgrounds' stories, but I can't be bothered with all the skill unlock and leveling crap. If I could just do the personal storyline missions without having to bother about anything else, I'd do that.

Also I'd like to try out some other professions, but only if I could jump straight to 80.

#16 hehateme23

hehateme23

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

Yay!  Something that is actually worth buying! :)

#17 Cr0w

Cr0w

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

I'd buy a level 80 ticket if they existed great for Alt'o'holics & you already have at least 1 level 80. Shame tho that the makeover can't change race. I have a level 80 asura engineer & would love to change it to human.

#18 Omedon

Omedon

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

[quote name='Daelin Dwin' timestamp='1354021043' post='2098046']

The business savvy move would be to add those options later.

Get the wave of " I meant to do this" with the existing options now, and then the " ooh I totally would have chosen that" wave down the road. ;)

#19 Kymeric

Kymeric

• 1929 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

[quote name='raspberry jam' timestamp='1354021995' post='2098058']

[quote name='Cr0w' timestamp='1354023299' post='2098090']

Can't you pretty much do this with crafting?  I've seen quotes that about 20 gold will get you the mats to craft from 1 to 80 in a few hours.  That's not a terrible amount of gold to get on the 80 you already have, is it?

Good to see that they are adding these items that have been in the rumor mill for a while.  I'm waiting on the name change contract.

#20 Aetou

Aetou

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

[quote name='raspberry jam' timestamp='1354021995' post='2098058']

You can pretty much jump straight to 80 for about 15-20g or so.  Do the first 5-10 levels in a couple of hours, spend a couple of hours crafting up to 60-65ish, then running personal story missions will pretty much get you to 80 from there.