Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
Rate Article   * * * - - 5 votes

Comments

#1 Buttmuncherplus

Buttmuncherplus

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:42 AM

hey guys this was a great talk i listened the whole thing. hope we keep having this discussions. great for PVP community!

#2 Happiness Factory

Happiness Factory

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:17 AM

ninja speed upload

#3 Roland Der Meister

Roland Der Meister

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:27 AM

At least The EU side of things is good and fine some good points brought up. A renewed faith in Arena net

#4 Ballistic Tomato

Ballistic Tomato

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:36 AM

i just heard a lot of changes suggested that would benefit PVP that the dev seemed to agree with that would completely wreck PVE.. i sincerely hope that if they are going to make any of these changes suggested they keep it exclusive to PVP.

PS. Metor, you are an idiot.

#5 Al Shamari

Al Shamari

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

I think this was a really smart move for Arenanet to participate in this, and I hope they expand the discussion to all areas of the game in the future. This is the kind of direct fan communication we need. No surveys, no pre-written press release responses. We want real, live communication.

#6 Levistis

Levistis

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

See, Anet does listen guys. I for one believe this game has a bright future.

#7 Roland Der Meister

Roland Der Meister

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

View PostBallistic Tomato, on 01 December 2012 - 02:36 AM, said:

i just heard a lot of changes suggested that would benefit PVP that the dev seemed to agree with that would completely wreck PVE.. i sincerely hope that if they are going to make any of these changes suggested they keep it exclusive to PVP.

PS. Metor, you are an idiot.
How is any of what they were talking about gonna wreck PvE Seriously PvE wrecked bye PvP changes

#8 blindude

blindude

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1142 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:59 AM

View PostRoland Der Meister, on 01 December 2012 - 02:55 AM, said:

How is any of what they were talking about gonna wreck PvE Seriously PvE wrecked bye PvP changes
he probably talks about Metor's suggestion about hwo "pro" gamers know everything about balance and whats broken and anet should listen to them and fix..which i also find quite stupid.Without pve/pvp separation and balancing around the top pvp players i could say pvers are indeed a little bit screwed.

(Up until now pve/pvp distinction has been mostly on small changes in durations of effects.Otherwise every change carries over to both game modes.)

#9 AetherMcLoud

AetherMcLoud

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 914 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:05 AM

That was actually quite informative. Though they could have taken at least 5 minutes to talk about class balance (or a few sneak peeks for the december balance patch).

#10 Condiments7

Condiments7

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:16 AM

Very impressed with the discussion. I hope you guys do more stuff like this in the future.

#11 Featherman

Featherman

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1028 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:21 AM

View Postblindude, on 01 December 2012 - 02:59 AM, said:

he probably talks about Metor's suggestion about hwo "pro" gamers know everything about balance and whats broken and anet should listen to them and fix..which i also find quite stupid.Without pve/pvp separation and balancing around the top pvp players i could say pvers are indeed a little bit screwed.

(Up until now pve/pvp distinction has been mostly on small changes in durations of effects.Otherwise every change carries over to both game modes.)

I think that's metor being silly. Like him saying bunker s/d is too powerful, which is understandable since it sort of counters necros and certain thieves. But no, it's not. Please don't listen to him Jonathan :[

#12 Eon Lilu

Eon Lilu

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2295 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:23 AM

Nothing about free server transfers in WvW? Or this only about spvp?

#13 Soryuju

Soryuju

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:37 AM

View PostAetherMcLoud, on 01 December 2012 - 04:05 AM, said:

That was actually quite informative. Though they could have taken at least 5 minutes to talk about class balance (or a few sneak peeks for the december balance patch).

I also would have liked this, but it's like Jonathan was saying: if they tell us about something and it doesn't happen, it just makes everything worse in the long run.  Just consider the situation with Rangers - they were promised buffs and told they had 16 bullet points in patch notes.  It didn't happen, a lot of the bullet points consisted just of adding "Projectile Finisher" to underwater skills, and most of the Ranger community is still unwilling to forgive Anet over the incident.  I can deal with being left in the dark for another couple weeks if it reduces the chance for unnecessary grief/rage.

View PostEon Lilu, on 01 December 2012 - 04:23 AM, said:

Nothing about free server transfers in WvW? Or this only about spvp?

This was just for SPvP, so WvW didn't come up.

#14 DLeague

DLeague

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:52 AM

View PostFeatherman, on 01 December 2012 - 04:21 AM, said:

I think that's metor being silly. Like him saying bunker s/d is too powerful, which is understandable since it sort of counters necros and certain thieves. But no, it's not. Please don't listen to him Jonathan :[
It wasn't meteor saying s/d is too powerful, he was just agreeing with the comment along with everyone else. If you actually played paid tournaments you would know ele is currently the most necessary proffesion right now. The current meta is heavy aoe damage which ele has combined with unbelievable heals, aswell as having the only downstate which can avoid being stomped AND survive the aoe spam by removing all conditions and healing half your hp bar.
Did i mention ele also has the second best mobility in the game? Did i also mention ele has the best condition removal in the game?

#15 I'm Squirrel

I'm Squirrel

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1111 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:24 AM

Haven't listened to this discussion yet. But, i'm pretty sure the PvE state of the game is much worse rather than the PvP aspect. Pretty disappointed that this discussion is strictly SPvP based.

#16 MisfitAndy

MisfitAndy

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:21 AM

View PostDLeague, on 01 December 2012 - 04:52 AM, said:

It wasn't meteor saying s/d is too powerful, he was just agreeing with the comment along with everyone else. If you actually played paid tournaments you would know ele is currently the most necessary proffesion right now. The current meta is heavy aoe damage which ele has combined with unbelievable heals, aswell as having the only downstate which can avoid being stomped AND survive the aoe spam by removing all conditions and healing half your hp bar.
Did i mention ele also has the second best mobility in the game? Did i also mention ele has the best condition removal in the game?

Did you mention that ele has far worse damage than any other class to achieve those things?  You can't have GREAT aoe damage and have the best condition removal.  You can't have "unbelievable heals" and expect to do decent damage.

So basically, they are going to nerf elementalist, which is already the most difficult class to play effectively.  If this happens I am done.

#17 DLeague

DLeague

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:34 AM

View PostMisfitAndy, on 01 December 2012 - 06:21 AM, said:

which is already the most difficult class to play effectively.  If this happens I am done.
l2p QQ ragequit inc.
fact is ele has the best healing in the game, along with the 2nd best mobility, also has THE BEST condition removal in the game, and still puts out good AOE damage with all this support. We could also go into the buffs and combo fields/blast finishers it provides to the team.

#18 Featherman

Featherman

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1028 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:09 AM

View PostDLeague, on 01 December 2012 - 04:52 AM, said:

It wasn't meteor saying s/d is too powerful, he was just agreeing with the comment along with everyone else. If you actually played paid tournaments you would know ele is currently the most necessary proffesion right now. The current meta is heavy aoe damage which ele has combined with unbelievable heals, aswell as having the only downstate which can avoid being stomped AND survive the aoe spam by removing all conditions and healing half your hp bar.
Did i mention ele also has the second best mobility in the game? Did i also mention ele has the best condition removal in the game?
He was agreeing with Lowell. No one else was really, except about the down state which is really powerful in the meta. Both Meto and Lowell happen to use classes/specs which are countered by bunker eles so I think it's funny hearing it from those two and not really anyone else. And yeah I'm aware of the ele's lists of features, just as I'm aware of their many possible counters. And S/D being too powerful? Maybe if you want to tickle enemies to death or hope that DT lands. S/D has too many drawbacks to be considered "too powerful." D/D is clearly the better weapon set, even when using bunker stats. Hits harder, heals slightly better, and the tradeoff of range isn't much of an issue since boon application and healing occurs in close proximity.

But anyway, this type of discussion is best left for other parts of the forums. I'm glad they're looking into adding in some much needed features such as spectator and custom arenas. Hotjoin gets boring and is only good for testing out builds, tPvP is hard to organize if you don't want to get farmed, and paid tournaments have a barrier that lock out too many people. There needs to be modes that help introduce players to higher levels of play, not lock them out of it.

#19 Aodan

Aodan

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • Curse Premium
  • 1616 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

View PostI, on 01 December 2012 - 05:24 AM, said:

Haven't listened to this discussion yet. But, i'm pretty sure the PvE state of the game is much worse rather than the PvP aspect. Pretty disappointed that this discussion is strictly SPvP based.

Not even close, PvE has so much content and things to do. Spvp is slowly die'n.

Please don't complain about what you don't know.

The PvE in GW2 is already way better and well done than what most MMO's are putting out.

#20 Diablo85

Diablo85

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

View PostI, on 01 December 2012 - 05:24 AM, said:

Haven't listened to this discussion yet. But, i'm pretty sure the PvE state of the game is much worse rather than the PvP aspect. Pretty disappointed that this discussion is strictly SPvP based.

It was a discussion between PvP players and PvP developers so what did you expect? PvE related questions got answered in last weeks AMA.