Rate Article   * * * - - 4 votes

Lost Shores event rewards being handed out

After the finale of the unique, one time even at the start of the Lost Shores, many players lost out on their rewards due to connectivity and hardware problems.  As an apology, Arenanet has begun to send rewards out to all participating players who did not receive their justified rewards.  This was confirmed on their official facebook account.

As we mentioned last week, for those players who were not able to get the rewards for the final Lost Shores event because they were suffering connection issues, we will provide rewards for their participation in the event. Thanks for your patience while we worked to resolve this.

We will hand out the rewards via In-game mail today – Quick FYI… it might take several hours to run the script, so do not panic if you do not immediately receive it. ~RB2

Comments

#1 evilbob

evilbob

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

So:  who thinks the precursor market will crash again?  :)

#2 Kuruptz2

Kuruptz2

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

how do they know wich people were at the event? and got dc middle of the fight and things

#3 XgreatArtist

XgreatArtist

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

Inb4 dusk @ 15g

#4 Illein

Illein

• 2039 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

View Postevilbob, on 06 December 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

So:  who thinks the precursor market will crash again?  :)

Didn't even "crash" the first time around, so I doubt it.

#5 madmaxII

madmaxII

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

Inb4 we see the first "haha, got the reward twice" threads.

#6 Kuruptz2

Kuruptz2

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

Bah gonna rage if people getting reward twice and i wont get anything stupid crashes and one time events

#7 MisterB

MisterB

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

View PostKuruptz2, on 06 December 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

Server logs are the answer.

#8 glyphofhealing

glyphofhealing

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

I understand the server logs but how would you distinguish between a dc and a quit because out of time or a log off to swap chars.  Anyway I already have 7 of the 20 slot karka bags on my main :)  Gotta love switching to alts and getting the chest again :)

#9 Kenjamin

Kenjamin

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

View Postevilbob, on 06 December 2012 - 08:55 PM, said:

So:  who thinks the precursor market will crash again?  :)

One can only hope.

#10 jirayasan

jirayasan

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

I got items worth 1 gold. Should have crashed on purpose -.-

#11 Bandit17

Bandit17

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

My friend who had to leave to pick up his gf from the airport just got his reward. Very cool of ANet I must say!

#12 MisterSin

MisterSin

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

I can confirm.
I got DCed at the last event about 2 hours past the very start
I just loged in and got a mail with Karka chest
Got 20 slot box, karka accesory, 2 rares and 2 exotics

#13 MisterB

MisterB

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

I participated in the final event, but left(mapped out in disgust) voluntarily. I just received the reward chest in the mail. It would seem participation was the key factor for reward selection.

#14 TGIFrisbie

TGIFrisbie

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

Well I didn't really do anything, showed up for 2 stages of the event (first and last) but left due to the nonsense, and I don't really care for game events.  Got the box in the mail today.

Friend of mine was unable to make the final event but did play that day, got the box as well.

I am willing to bet to set things as right as they could anyone with an active account that did not get the chest that day got a box in the mail today.  That would be the best way to deal with it and just move on, on Anet's part.

#15 Gwydi0n

Gwydi0n

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

Just checked my mail.

Was unable to logon for the final event due to server not being able to handle the requests.
No mail so far... Sure hope I'll get something.

#16 Just Horus

Just Horus

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

Really odd. I didn't participate in the last event at all (timezone issues) and I just got mailed the rewards. I really wonder how they are choosing who they mail to.

#17 matsif

matsif

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

View PostGwydi0n, on 06 December 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

Just checked my mail.

No mail so far... Sure hope I'll get something.

between this issue and the game crashing any time I tried to port into the map from LA, I never even got close to the event.

not even holding my breath for the chest, doubt I'll get one and I don't care.  knowing my luck I'd somehow get  level 70 greens out of it.

#18 Linfang

Linfang

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

I checked my mail and the gold spammers are back

#19 JONO51

JONO51

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

View PostTGIFrisbie, on 06 December 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

Looking at replies on the official forums, it seems this might be the case. Or at least a lot of non-participants are getting it.

• 2089 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

View PostmadmaxII, on 06 December 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

Inb4 we see the first "haha, got the reward twice" threads.
Well i got another one even tho i got the chest (crappy stuff tho) but i wasnt farming it like the people that wanted to get the precursor to be rich, like the people in these threads. http://www.guildwars...t-event-on-now/ and https://forum-en.gui...shores/pop-drop