It wasn't too long ago that Guild Missions were added into our beloved guild user interface. Since then, guilds have been coordinating their manpower and influence to tackle these new challenges found all throughout Tyria. Unfortunately, smaller guilds were more or less barred from this experience due to the focus being placed on larger guilds. ArenaNet has heard your pleas, and soon, smaller guilds will have a much easier time accessing more types of these missions, starting with bounties
To begin these Bounty Hunt training missions, a guild will need to have Art of War level 3 unlocked, 300 influence, and three days available to research the mission. It should be noted that while these new mission types have been adjusted to accommodate smaller guilds, a guild of one or two will not be able to single-handedly fell these new foes. However
, once complete, guilds will receive a hefty 3,000 influence reward for their troubles.
In addition to the smaller guild missions being introduced, there are also three new bounty targets that are available for the larger guilds to hunt down. We're lucky enough to have been given a few details about each monster, so study up and stay on your toes!
- 2-MULT – This defective prototype weather golem has been storming around Timberline Falls. Target needs to be brought in for a software patch.
- Big Mayana – This voracious hylek is wanted for questioning about a recent poisoning. Target is thought to have taken refuge in the canopy of Sparkfly Fen.
- Yanonka the Rat-Wrangler – This rogue ogre is wanted for spying on and sabotaging various factions vying for control of the Fields of Ruin. Target is notorious for using pet rats to do her dirtiest work.
ArenaNet is also looking to improve the overall experience of the Guild Missions system through various tweaks in UI and rewards, so don't think they've revealed all of their tricks just yet.
What're you waiting for? Get in game and start earning that influence!
We've gotten a clarification
regarding the new training bounty missions from Anthony Ordon over at the official forums:
Back to Top
The intent of the training mission is to make it easier for your small or less active guild to access other guild missions (or acquire anything else you need influence for). It’s not meant to replace standard bounty hunts or augment influence gain for guilds that can already earn a ton of it. To that end:
- The commendations, rares, and silver are not awarded. That reward is specific to actual bounty missions.
- The training mission can be researched and activated as many times as you like. You can stockpile up to 10. Keep in mind that researching a training mission will tie up one of your research slots and that boosting that research with extra influence will ultimately cancel out a portion or all of your gains from the training mission.