Photo
- - - - -

Can Someone Help Me With A POI In verdant Brink Please?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MissLuckyBlades

MissLuckyBlades

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Server:Seafarer’s Rest

Posted 03 October 2016 - 11:35 PM

Excuse me?

I haven't used these forums in a while, just because I didn't really bother with this little problem until now.

So I just decided to leave it for sometime, because it seems quite an awkward place to get to ingame.

Anyway.... there is a point of interest ingame at Verdant Brink that seems quite awkward to get to. (at least I'm not really sure whether it is easy or hard to get to) I have tried to look it up on Youtube, (which is really the only place to give the easiest help on finding all the points in the game I find) but for some reason, I cannot find any specific videos showing how to get to it.

No one seems to have made a tutorial showing how to get to it.... god only knows why. :-/

Anyway, I'm not really sure what to call the area for where this point is at, as it's sort of inbetween 2 places. But it's one which is high up in the canopy.

I have taken a couple of screenshots which I hope would help people to see where it is on the map.

http://oi65.tinypic.com/2pt9c1s.jpg

http://oi66.tinypic.com/5d2t7s.jpg

As you can see, I have circled the POI in both pics just to make it clear as to what I am referring to.

The first pic shows from being lower down towards the ground, and the 2nd one I took from the massive area (after using the chopper to go up) where a whole horde of players fight the big dragon. (I don't recall if there is an area name there or not)

I think there are 26 POI's in Verdant Brink, and so far, I have 24/26.

If I can get this one, it would make it 25/26 for me. (god knows where the last one is at :-/) I'd really like to try and get this one so that I can try to complete the rest of the map that includes the vistas and waypoints e.t.c

I don't know why there isn't a video on Youtube for this one. I do wish there was. :-/

It might just be that my use of knowledge cannot connect my brain to come up with a suitable search option for it on Youtube.

But either way, is there anyone out there who can try to help me get this POI please?? I'm quite desperate to try and get them all and complete the map.

Edited by MissLuckyBlades, 03 October 2016 - 11:51 PM.

#2 davadude

davadude

Seraph Guardian

• News Correspondents
  • 1654 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 04 October 2016 - 05:58 AM

During the night, there are choppers that take you above the canopy.  Take the chopper in the south-east (bottom right) corner of the map.  After that boss fight, you can easily glide there using updrafts and speed.

With regards to your last POI, zoom out so all of Verdant Brink fits on your screen.  Now, in the top left corner, hover of your POIs a few times.  You'll see the unfound ones blink on your map.

Edited by davadude, 04 October 2016 - 05:59 AM.

Davadude - Guru Village Idiot

#3 MissLuckyBlades

MissLuckyBlades

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 06:46 AM

During the night, there are choppers that take you above the canopy.  Take the chopper in the south-east (bottom right) corner of the map.  After that boss fight, you can easily glide there using updrafts and speed.

With regards to your last POI, zoom out so all of Verdant Brink fits on your screen.  Now, in the top left corner, hover of your POIs a few times.  You'll see the unfound ones blink on your map.

Thanks a lot for the very helpful reply. It was very handy indeed. :)

It took me a while to find the right place where the chopper would land to get up to that platform in the canopy with the big dragon, but I managed to find it eventually thanks to your handy directions. There was no one doing the dragon fight when I was there, so all I could do, was to run across the top of the platform, right through the path of the dragon to pick up the POI in the center (losing a bit of health in the process  :P ) and then gliding off or moving to a different location on the map, away from the big bad dragon.  :P I wasn't really bothered about wanting to do the dragon fight. All I wanted was the POI.

That was the important bit for me.

Regarding the last POI.... (which I have still yet to find) I am already aware that you can find them all on the map by passing your cursor over the ones at the side. (after zooming out) I tried this, and normally it works fine. But there is still a POI that this method doesn't want to uncover for me for some reason. I don't see anything flashing on my map when I try this method.

I don't really know why it can't be revealed. :-/ It maybe just in place that I've still yet to uncover by going near to where the POI

is at. That's all I can think of. But I don't know really. I'll hopefully find it one day. :-)

Edited by MissLuckyBlades, 05 October 2016 - 06:54 PM.

#4 Kattar

Kattar

SHODAN

• Administrators
  • 2406 posts
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 05 October 2016 - 05:36 PM

Dulfy's website has some pretty awesome guides for this kind of stuff. Very handy when you're almost done with something like this. 

You are fooling yourself, user. Nothing here is what it seems. ANet is not the plucky hero, Guru is not an evil empire, and this is not the grand arena.

Questions about moderation? For the love of Balthazar ask them here!

#5 MissLuckyBlades

MissLuckyBlades

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 10:23 PM

Dulfy's website has some pretty awesome guides for this kind of stuff. Very handy when you're almost done with something like this. 

Thanks for the reply. I'm not really familiar with "Dulfy's website." I googled it and had a quick look around on there, but couldn't really find exactly what I was looking for. In the end, my results came up somewhere else, a forums website where someone had posted a link to the lower and upper parts of the Verdant Brink map, here. https://www.reddit.c...pletion_bugged/

I'm not really familiar with that website either, but the 2 links in that top reply (of Verdant Brink map) have all the POI's marked with a red circle, and I found that quite helpful. I'm fairly certain it has helped me to find the last POI that I'm missing in Verdant Brink too.

Thanks for trying to help though. :)

Edited by MissLuckyBlades, 09 October 2016 - 10:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users