Photo
- - - - -

Player is in a different instance of this map?

bug

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tikeyy

Tikeyy

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • IGN:Tikeyy
  • Server:Underworld

Posted 12 April 2017 - 05:42 AM

Okay, this could be a pretty shameful first post, but I'm a new to GW2, and my friend and I have just started playing (As free accounts) two days ago.

We had quite a difficulty with choosing servers (home worlds), but then we found out the whole megaserver thingy so I ended up in Underworld while my friend was in Maguuma.

Not long after we started playing (both playing Asuras) and we were in the starting area, in the same place (Soren Draa) and we couldn't see each other. I checked the map and it said "Player is in a different instance of this map.".

Note that my friend is level 12 and I am level 7. My friend is able to travel to Rata Sum, which I cannot get to at this time, and that's the only time where we're both in the same instance, but when he comes back to Soren Draa, we're no longer in the same instance.

Now I have spent two days, and hours researching this on different forums and they all say to go to character selection, go to a different map and come back, and neither of us can see the Join player/Join Instance button. Both of our regions are North America too.

Can anyone help, please?

Edited by Tikeyy, 12 April 2017 - 06:36 AM.

#2 Kattar

Kattar

SHODAN

• Administrators
  • 2403 posts
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 12 April 2017 - 07:02 PM

Create party with both of you in it. Then you'll see your friends name in the top left corner. Click your friend's character name and select "Join in instance" or whatever it actually says there. That should get you both in the same instance.

You are fooling yourself, user. Nothing here is what it seems. ANet is not the plucky hero, Guru is not an evil empire, and this is not the grand arena.

Questions about moderation? For the love of Balthazar ask them here!

#3 Tikeyy

Tikeyy

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • IGN:Tikeyy
  • Server:Underworld

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:35 PM

Create party with both of you in it. Then you'll see your friends name in the top left corner. Click your friend's character name and select "Join in instance" or whatever it actually says there. That should get you both in the same instance.

Thanks for replying, but the main situation here is that my friend and I can't see the Join Player/Join Instance, and yes, we're in a party.

#4 Kattar

Kattar

SHODAN

• Administrators
  • 2403 posts
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:58 AM

Thanks for replying, but the main situation here is that my friend and I can't see the Join Player/Join Instance, and yes, we're in a party.

Hmm, that may be a limitation of free to play accounts, although I can't find any documentation supporting that. Might not be a bad idea to open a support ticket.

You are fooling yourself, user. Nothing here is what it seems. ANet is not the plucky hero, Guru is not an evil empire, and this is not the grand arena.

Questions about moderation? For the love of Balthazar ask them here!

#5 Marty Silverblade

Marty Silverblade

Asuran Acolyte

• Moderators
  • 86 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Server:Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:12 PM

It's not a limitation of free accounts. I have one and can join with a friend who also has one.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users