• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dan Divine

Dan Divine

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:04 AM

I'm trying to play Guild Wars 1. Now I updated my Windows 10 to newest version and when I try playing GW1, it only gives me windowed mode and doesn't even go full screen. Graphics settings only give one resolution option and it's "window". Reinstalling GW doesn't help. I also tried running as administrator but it won't help. Using compatibility mode doesnt't help either. Any ideas? Thank you.

P.s. It seems the game is using directx 8 now. It used to be 9 when it was working fine. My computer has directx 12.

#2 cosyfiep

cosyfiep

C is for cookie

• Moderators
  • 153 posts
  • Guild:I'm supposed to have one?

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:43 AM

dont think the game was made to be used with directx 12, I KNOW it works with 9 (and possible 10), so I would try dumbing it down and see if that works (I dont have windows 10 so I cant really be of more help, but I know when my hubby moved to windows7 that it had issues because of the directx it was using at that time).

{image of mouse belongs here} where is the 'all you can eat' cookie bar?

#3 Marty Silverblade

Marty Silverblade

Asuran Acolyte

• Moderators
  • 87 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Server:Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:22 AM

Alt + Enter is the Windows shortcut for fullscreen. Try that maybe. As for dx8, check your GW shortcut. You may have added "-dx8" to force its use. Some people have had weird graphical problems recently that can be fixed by running with dx8.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users