481 replies to this topic

#481 Konig Des Todes

Konig Des Todes

Manager of the Void

• Site Contributors
  • 9534 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Lore]

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:27 AM

@Mocking: By mechanical perspective, I meant things like cross-racial armor and the like. This is not so easy with, for instance, centaur and krait.

I don't see why people keep attributing a Cantha expansion to tengu becoming playable considering tengu are no where near Cantha anymore. They can very easily be introduced as a playable race for an Elona expansion just as well as a Cantha one. Just because they had a bigger plot influence in Factions and Winds of Change doesn't matter for much, truth be told, since they were a worldwide spread race.

I'm not seeing your issue with "social development" as you put it - the same could be said for sylvari prior to the sylvari week.

@drax: I meant switching them around aesthetically. Though if Anet's going to do a water-based race, they'll likely be improving greatly not only on the accessibility of aqua breathers, but their looks too.

Durmand Priory|Library of Whispers|GuildMag
"...I received a 400-page bible document for the world..." - J.Robert King
I want. I want bad.

#482 Daenerys

Daenerys

Secretly Christopher Walken

• Moderators
  • 483 posts
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

View PostKonig Des Todes, on 27 November 2012 - 02:27 AM, said:

@Mocking: By mechanical perspective, I meant things like cross-racial armor and the like. This is not so easy with, for instance, centaur and krait.

I don't see why people keep attributing a Cantha expansion to tengu becoming playable considering tengu are no where near Cantha anymore. They can very easily be introduced as a playable race for an Elona expansion just as well as a Cantha one. Just because they had a bigger plot influence in Factions and Winds of Change doesn't matter for much, truth be told, since they were a worldwide spread race.

I'm not seeing your issue with "social development" as you put it - the same could be said for sylvari prior to the sylvari week.

@drax: I meant switching them around aesthetically. Though if Anet's going to do a water-based race, they'll likely be improving greatly not only on the accessibility of aqua breathers, but their looks too.

Personally, the fact that they used to be in Cantha creates the link for me.

That is precisely why I think it's possible for them to be introduced, although with some TLC like the sylvari and asura got. However, the sylvari are an entirely new race to both Guild Wars 1 and 2. There's enough lingering background information on the largos from GW1 where there's still a certain mysteriousness to them.

Questions? Comments? Conversation? Drop me a message!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users