#91 Morag D

Morag D

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Guild Tag:[bone]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

thank you so much guys :) I was quite emotionally invested in that hug drawing, having had a shit day myself and wanting to show Eryn from a different side for once, and I'm really happy people enjoy it. Incidentally, I've begun to work on it a bit more because I wasn't entirely satisfied and it turned into a little light study (not that I looked at examples too much so the light is a bit all over the place but meh)

Posted Image

Doc, yeah I believe offspring is possible between Norn and humans. I'm not terribly versed at underlying GW lore, but I don't think it's expressly mentioned (if it is, please let me know :huh:  - not that it would change my version, I think. whatevs). After all, the two races are similar enough in physique, it's not as if I'm trying to crossbreed Charr and Asura (although a Charrsura could be fun, lol); there's just a "minor" matter of size, but again short Norn are the same height as tall humans.

The Eryn I play in GW2 is a Norn in the actual game but in my story she's still human but chose to live with the Norn and has taken on a norn-ish appearance over the years. Back in GW1 she used to be a Paragon of Elonian descent and through her involvement in the demise of Abaddon and her ensuing corruption became tied closely to the new godess Kormir. After the death of the gods, Eryn's hair (which used to be white) turned gradually darker and she lost the ability to conjure wings. Lost and without goals, she took refuge with the Norn and has lived among various tribes over the centuries. She's known to most Norn as something of a living legend due to her former acquaintance with the hero Jora but actively discourages the singing of songs about her deeds as she values her privacy and the anonymity which living in remote areas of Tyria affords her.

#92 Viatrix

Viatrix

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Guild Tag:[EON]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

I really love the emotion/love/tenderness emanating from this scene. So glad you decided to work more on it. It looks lovely. You did a great job with the lighting and it really enhanced the atmosphere! I think you should do it more ;)

#93 Morag D

Morag D

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

View PostViatrix, on 12 November 2012 - 07:17 PM, said:

I think you should do it more ;)

lol, I love how within a couple of minutes we've both been to the other one's thread and said we want more art XD
thanks for the comment, light is my nemesis >.< (well, one of them, including hands and cloth folds!!)

#94 Viatrix

Viatrix

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

haha yeah. I replied to this thread not seeing your reply to my thread yet XD.  Also about lighting, I haven't used this resource yet (been forgetting..I'm a silly person) but I think you'll find it useful:

http://www.zvork.fr/vls/

#95 GeminiJuSa

GeminiJuSa

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

I love the fur they're cuddling on!

#96 Doctor Overlord

Doctor Overlord

If you hate MMOs....

• Members
  • 5204 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

Very cool colored version!   The lighting makes it even more intimate.

View PostMorag D, on 12 November 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

Doc, yeah I believe offspring is possible between Norn and humans. I'm not terribly versed at underlying GW lore, but I don't think it's expressly mentioned (if it is, please let me know :huh:  - not that it would change my version, I think. whatevs). After all, the two races are similar enough in physique, it's not as if I'm trying to crossbreed Charr and Asura (although a Charrsura could be fun, lol);
I believe Jeff Grubb mentioned that norn and human can't interbreed according to the official lore.  Perhaps our local lore sage, Konig Des Todes, could find the quote?

I'm politely ignoring the official lore.   Tyria is a world full of people throwing fireballs from their hands, I'm willing to think that some of that magic might result in some unexpected surprises every now and then :)  

Although I'm not sure about going as far as a charrsura lol   Although that is a hilarious concept to think how one might look.

#97 Viatrix

Viatrix

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

With all due respect to ANet, I tend to pick a good story over following the lore XD

I guess this is because me and my guildmates had been RPing in GW1 for the longest time and we've established a lot of speculations on the GW1 lore available at the time, to the point that we eventually developed our own independent lore (in such a way that we can let the GW lore be and have our own sandbox 'world' to play around and be creative with).

I personally prefer interesting characters/development and the author having creative ways to explain the reasons on why things happened :)

lol Charrsura sounds cute..I imagine tiny cats with big floppy ears! OMG! *_*

How about Quagsura? Quagnorn? Okay I'll stop now lol XD

#98 Murke

Murke

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

Hey again! That picture still makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Although Mina,  those would be terrifying. I'm pretty sure a charrsura would look like a sphinx cat with floppy ears and giant sharp teeth.

#99 Morag D

Morag D

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

my entry for the wintersday calender :)

Posted Image

#100 Viatrix

Viatrix

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

I saw this in the Calendar today and my jaw dropped! Awesome job!

#101 Frost Valkyrie

Frost Valkyrie

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[FIRE]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:46 AM

Hi Morag! ^_^
I had already commented on this on DA, but I just have to say again, this is awesome! The cub is so friggin cute :3

#102 Morag D

Morag D

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

Viatrix, wow thanks! I never paint backgrounds (usually because I'm lazy...) so this was a real challenge. For some reason, wintersday seems to be a good time for me, art-wise, I somehow have most of my "milestone" pieces around that time :3

Frost, HI! good to see you here too! (love your norn, good hair choice XD) thanks for the lovely comments. Snow leopard cubs are the cutest thing EVER!! I had to have one

#103 Frost Valkyrie

Frost Valkyrie

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[FIRE]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:54 AM

:D I figured it was about time to start lurking around guru again lol. Thank you! yours as well. I'm entirely infatuated with the norn, all but one of my toons is norn lol. I just feel like they have more...customization? -Wants to pet the leopards- :D

#104 Morag D

Morag D

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

Abusing my own thread on GW1 guru as progress gallery for the wintersday workshop :3

I'm going back to painting Dwayna spreading the wintersday spirit, but I want to do something new and original with her :)

First figure sketch (16/12/12)

Costume considerations and basic colour scheme (17/12/12)

Edited by Morag D, 17 December 2012 - 02:46 PM.

#105 Doctor Overlord

Doctor Overlord

If you hate MMOs....

• Members
  • 5204 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

Neat progress pics! Very cool looking start.

Edited by Doctor Overlord, 17 December 2012 - 05:13 PM.

#106 Morag D

Morag D

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

not feeling the art lately. Here, however, is a little glimpse at Elyott's life

Posted Image

Truth be told, Darius was rather pleased with himself. More than usual. Extraordinarily pleased. It was putting Elyott off.
In all fairness, they had just scored a beautiful coup. Under Darius' expert supervision, several wagonloads of arms and ammunition intended for the Lionguard had recently disappeared from caravans bound for Lion's Arch. Said weapons had been traded to a group of desperate pirates for provisions and livestock at a remarkably good exchange rate. Said provisions in turn had been subsequently sold on to the increasingly desperate Lionguard at extortionate prices (what with supply caravans being attacked and all). It was very good business.

Still, Elyott was concerned. It had all gone too well. Darius had that look again, the one that told everyone what a brilliantly clever bastard he was. Overabundant success would get to his head, as it always did. He would get blasted on some cheap imported rice wine in the company of cheap imported girls, as he always did, and brag, as he always did. From there on, things generally went downhill pretty rapidly. There would be scrambling, running and shouting and Darius would vanish into one of his copious hideouts and leave Elyott to deal with the guards, only to reappear a few days later with a new, brilliantly clever "business idea". Why he stuck with this guy, Elyott wasn't sure anymore. The money was good and the work was easy, but with the amount of pushing Darius did, his luck was bound to run out some day.

If nothing else, it allowed Elyott to keep an eye on Kendra. His little sister was far too apt to fall for brilliantly clever crooks with large mouths and even larger egos. She was also far too adept with her throwing knives for him to get involved in her private life in a more direct manner. He sometimes wondered whether he had been (was?) a good enough brother, but then Kendra had rarely looked to him for help even when she was little, and his own life was, gently speaking, a mess, effectively deriving him of any sort of status as a decent role model. He guessed it didn't matter too much. Kendra actively discouraged the practice of being looked after, anyway.

He scowled into his tankard. In the early hours of the evening the tavern was doing a roaring trade on food and drink and music, all of it cheap and all of it of dubious origin and debatable quality. Across the table, Darius was fumbling with the skirts of a serving girl and had donned a lewd face instead of his smug one for the occasion. Elyott's scowl deepened. Sleazy bastard. Whatever did Kendra see in him? He wasn't going to ask her, but he sure as hell would like to know. He was hardly an authority on fidelity and serious relationships, but every now and then he was drawn to hypocrisy, and it was usually drink that drew him. He was so absorbed in scowling at his ale and pretending that Darius wasn't making a colossal fool out of himself again that he very nearly missed the commotion at the door.

#107 syyy

syyy

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:04 AM

Very nice art :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users