Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

GWI Exclusive: Screenshots of GW2 PvP Scholar Armor and Lobby | Guild Wars Insider


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
367 replies to this topic

#151 jmpatter

jmpatter

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:14 PM

To be honest, the fact that Guild Wars 1 had skimpy armor has NOTHING to do with whether or not GW2 should have it. I don't think that anyone new to to series is going to look at GW1 and be like, oh well its OK then.

I am not against it, because as Anet has stated, there will be a ton of different armor types, it is just that the reasoning the people use to explain why its OK seems kind of stupid.

#152 Ruak

Ruak

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:15 PM

You know what? I don't care what Elementalist armor looked like in GW1. I don't know why people keep bringing this topic in the discussion. I didn't play GW1, and I find the forementioned armors crappy for the same reason too. If I wanted Big Swords and Busty Hot Naked Chicks With Sexy Voices, I'd play some typical asian MMO. Asians also f*ck with robots. Does that make it any good? Me not likes, sorry.

#153 Mendicant

Mendicant

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:15 PM

Marion Lee said:

I totally agree
...hope there will be also scholar armors that looks nothing like this one

Try, maybe, the scholar armor prevalent in the last few demos.  It's a robe.  It covers everything.  It looks cool, and nothing like this.

Edit:
@Ruak, jmpatter:  The argument involved in bringing up GW1 is that most of the armors we've seen in GW2 showed a marked improvement in the sensibility of armor design since Arenanet's first game.  Not that it's perfect, and derp it's not gonna please everyone.  You're allowed to not like it.  It's fine to not like it.  What I'm interested in is people not rage-puking all over the forums over it.

Edited by Mendicant, 31 January 2012 - 05:19 PM.


#154 Wothan

Wothan

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2607 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:16 PM

Its funny how I predicted the outrage on the second I laid my eyes on the armor heh
predictable community is predictable

#155 Atlus

Atlus

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 259 posts
  • Guild Tag:[glhf]

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:17 PM

The Asura female scholar armor better look just like this.  Think about it.  MmmmMmmmmmMmmmm....

#156 IDarko

IDarko

    Legion Commander

  • Members
  • 5486 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Dius]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:17 PM

jmpatter said:

To be honest, the fact that Guild Wars 1 had skimpy armor has NOTHING to do with whether or not GW2 should have it. I don't think that anyone new to to series is going to look at GW1 and be like, oh well its OK then.

I am not against it, because as Anet has stated, there will be a ton of different armor types, it is just that the reasoning the people use to explain why its OK seems kind of stupid.

Noh! The point is that it's not that skimpy at all! Just look at the screens i gave or at games like Aion and Tera. And if this is one of the more skimpier armors in GW2 (haven't seen anything worse yet), there is nothing to complain about. And if people keep complaining, it's just a sign of selfishness, as they don't care about the people who do like a skimpy type of armor.

Seriously, stop behaving immature guys.

#157 Vahkris

Vahkris

    Vigil Crusader

  • Community Contributors
  • 3696 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:20 PM

IDarko said:

Noh! The point is that it's not that skimpy at all! Just look at the screens i gave or at games like Aion and Tera. And if this is one of the more skimpier armors in GW2 (haven't seen anything worse yet), there is nothing to complain about. And if people keep complaining, it's just a sign of selfishness, as they don't care about the people who do like a skimpy type of armor.

Seriously, stop behaving immature guys.

Oh bullsh*t, anyone with a working brain can see that's objectively skimpy, whether they like the armor or not.  Saying others are worse doesn't change that.

#158 Kristinez

Kristinez

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:20 PM

For me, its not that it looks skimpy (I love me some skimpy) but that the design is just ridiculous. There are some things that I love, like the arms and how they drape down, reminds me of a gypsy. I love the gloves.

The things I dont like? The shoulderpads. The T-design down the stomache. The crotch Area (What happened there? Why is it so bulky...) The stockings with the garter belt (This is lingerie?). And last but not least, the skirt. It sticks out like theres a frame underneath but there isnt. It looks so stiff and unrealistic.

Maybe it's just because its on a norn and that hairdo is just awful. But it looks like a crazy runway design that has yet to be toned down to actual retail-realworld design.

Edited by Kristinez, 31 January 2012 - 05:23 PM.


#159 jmpatter

jmpatter

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:22 PM

Selfishness? I am planning on investing a lot of my time and money into this game. Sorry IDarko, this is how the real world works.

OT: I am just hoping that they release another batch of pictures, more armor might give us another perspective on what they look like, maybe even a comparison picture next to another armor set?

#160 Inarus

Inarus

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:23 PM

My girlfriend actually likes the armor, I personally find it looks to much like something you'd see in a asian wanna be mmo.

#161 IDarko

IDarko

    Legion Commander

  • Members
  • 5486 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Dius]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

A lot of narrow-minded people in here. I am dissapoint.

@jmpatter and others. Even if YOU find this skimpy. It's still one of the only very skimpy armors that we have seen so far. Like i said, hating on this armor is subjective. And it shows selfishness if you want Arenanet to change it.

#162 the butcher

the butcher

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:27 PM

Maybe they just wanna satisfy different sorts of people and we'll see much more different styles.

#163 Kristinez

Kristinez

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:27 PM

IDarko said:

A lot of narrow-minded people in here. I am dissapoint.

@jmpatter and others. Even if YOU find this skimpy. It's still one of the only very skimpy armors that we have seen so far. Like i said, hating on this armor is subjective. And it shows selfishness if you want Arenanet to change it.

Having your own opinion doesnt make you narrow-minded. Not accepting other people's opinions does, and no one is doing that except you. Theyre simply stating their own opinion. If someone else likes the armor thats cool with me, but i dont like it.

#164 Atlus

Atlus

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 259 posts
  • Guild Tag:[glhf]

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:28 PM

Kristinez said:

The crotch Area (What happened there? Why is it so bulky...)

There's something you need to know about Norn females.  *LOLA, la la la la LOLA...*

#165 Lakia Nox

Lakia Nox

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:29 PM

Vahkris said:

Oh bullsh*t, anyone with a working brain can see that's objectively skimpy, whether they like the armor or not.  Saying others are worse doesn't change that.

I think the point he's trying to make is that if this is the most skimpy armor, then we're in good shape! Yes, it's skimpy. But skimpy armors ARE going to exist. Degree IS important. IMO it's a lot better than ALL the GW1 elementalist armors including the silly obsidian female ele armor (spiky pants and top? so ridiculous). So I'd say GW2 is a great improvement (in comparison to other games also!).

Edit: I do like one ele armor in GW1: Tyrian, but I'd still say that this armor is an improvement over that and it's skimpier and I don't like skimpy, but I do like style!

#166 Specialz

Specialz

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 3100 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:33 PM

Isn't this like the 10th time we have gone through this EXACT argument? We all know they will be other types of armor to suit other players needs or is the existence of skimpy armor automatically discount all of the other armors? The funny thing is we already know and seen those armors already (screenshot) which makes this whole QQ quite pointless.

#167 Cracken

Cracken

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1893 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:34 PM

People, it's pretty simple actually, if you don't like this armor you have several options (keep in mind that this kind of armor isn't the unique one, but even if after considering that you still complain):

1) Don't buy the game. If the armor aesthetics weights more than the quaility of the gameplay and experience, simply don't play it.

2) Deal with it. If the armor aesthetics weights less than the quality of the gameplay, etc, just deal with it and play the game.

3) Complain to ArenaNet and see how they won't remove skin-showing armors.

I personally dislike armors that look like anime, but I didn't dislike that one at all. However, I plan to not use any anime-looking armor, but I won't tell ArenaNet to remove them. Just move on, people.

#168 Grotar

Grotar

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:35 PM

Btw this is same armor on male if u didn't see this pic before

Posted Image

#169 Vahkris

Vahkris

    Vigil Crusader

  • Community Contributors
  • 3696 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:36 PM

Lakia Nox said:

I think the point he's trying to make is that if this is the most skimpy armor, then we're in good shape! Yes, it's skimpy. But skimpy armors ARE going to exist. Degree IS important. IMO it's a lot better than ALL the GW1 elementalist armors including the silly obsidian female ele armor (spiky pants and top? so ridiculous). So I'd say GW2 is a great improvement (in comparison to other games also!).

Edit: I do like one ele armor in GW1: Tyrian, but I'd still say that this armor is an improvement over that and it's skimpier and I don't like skimpy, but I do like style!

No, the point he's trying to make is that this isn't skimpy at all (it is) and therefore no one should be complaining. Again, just because other armor and other games have worse armor doesn't make it suddenly okay.

Specialz said:

Isn't this like the 10th time we have gone through this EXACT argument? We all know they will be other types of armor to suit other players needs or is the existence of skimpy armor automatically discount all of the other armors? The funny thing is we already know and seen those armors already (screenshot) which makes this whole QQ quite pointless.

I'm just wondering why they didn't decide to show off these other armors, and instead show the same one from GStar.  We keep getting told they exist, but instead we keep getting shown these.

Edited by Vahkris, 31 January 2012 - 05:38 PM.


#170 Frizz

Frizz

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1581 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:37 PM

TBH I don't like the middle/waist part of the armor, not because it's skimpy, but because it looks strange. There's two straps of cloth and then this diaper like thing (sorry Kirsten (?) ). The bust + arms I find pretty artistic and kind of reminds me of some sort of gladiators armor (if it weren't for the two straps going down), and the dress is a ballroom kind of dress I suppose, but the... thing.. looks weird to me. (maybe the angle I dunno)

Perhaps it's as Tzu says, the armor doesn't seem to make much sense physics wise. Though I have no experience in that area, so I wouldn't know.

Too much skin? what? I was looking at the armor.. seriously.
BTW there's no such thing as objectively skimpy. Some people walk around naked like it's completely normal. And to be honest I find it weird to complain seeing skin, how do you guys dress when you go swimming? o.O

Edited by Frizz, 31 January 2012 - 05:44 PM.


#171 Senatic

Senatic

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1902 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:39 PM

I like the outfit, especially dyed red. But god damn that is some horrendous clipping issues. That needs to be fixed or that armor isn't worth squat.

This argument about too much skin vs skimpy outfits are fine is so dumb. There will be something for both sides, some people care about it, some do not. There is really nothing else to say. If you don't like this armor, don't get it in game.

#172 IDarko

IDarko

    Legion Commander

  • Members
  • 5486 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Dius]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:40 PM

the butcher said:

Maybe they just wanna satisfy different sorts of people and we'll see much more different styles.

Exactly!

And here i have a nice collection of light (scholar) non-skimpy GW2 armors. I dislike a lot of them, but i'm not QQ-ing about the fact that we have those in the game, am i?
@Vahkris. I ment both things. 1) it's not that skimpy at all compared to other GW2 armors and other games. 2) It's not even that skimpy for a fantasy game. Even tho the latter is a bit subjective. My point still stands. Calm down rofl ;)

Edited by IDarko, 31 January 2012 - 05:44 PM.


#173 Cracken

Cracken

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1893 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:40 PM

Specialz said:

Isn't this like the 10th time we have gone through this EXACT argument? We all know they will be other types of armor to suit other players needs or is the existence of skimpy armor automatically discount all of the other armors? The funny thing is we already know and seen those armors already (screenshot) which makes this whole QQ quite pointless.

But there seems to be people that dislike skimpy armors, even if they are not forced to wear them, because they seem to hate them to an extent that they even dislike seeing people wearing them.

Let's make a comparison: when you're on the street, you may like to dress within a certain style, but what happens when you come across another person who is wearing something that you'd never wear, will you punch them in the face? Are you going to complain to the factory that makes them? I think not, you're just going to think: oh my god this dude doesn't know how to dress. And move on. So do the same here.

#174 Kristinez

Kristinez

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:42 PM

Cracken said:

But there seems to be people that dislike skimpy armors, even if they are not forced to wear them, because they seem to hate them to an extent that they even dislike seeing people wearing them.

Let's make a comparison: when you're on the street, you may like to dress within a certain style, but what happens when you come across another person who is wearing something that you'd never wear, will you punch them in the face? Are you going to complain to the factory that makes them? I think not, you're just going to think: oh my god this dude doesn't know how to dress. And move on. So do the same here.

who ever said that...? people are just giving their opinions, not saying they think it should be removed from the game or never worn by anyone. dont twist peoples words.

#175 Cracken

Cracken

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1893 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:45 PM

Kristinez said:

who ever said that...? people are just giving their opinions, not saying they think it should be removed from the game or never worn by anyone. dont twist peoples words.

then I don't understaind why is this discussion still going on, really...

#176 Shoros

Shoros

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 619 posts
  • Location:Switzerland
  • Server:Kodash

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:48 PM

Kristinez said:

who ever said that...? people are just giving their opinions, not saying they think it should be removed from the game or never worn by anyone. dont twist peoples words.

Well, it's the only reason to get upset about it. If you simply don't like the armor on your own character, then don't wear it - end of discussion.

Edited by Shoros, 31 January 2012 - 06:11 PM.


#177 Kristinez

Kristinez

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:50 PM

Cracken said:

then I don't understaind why is this discussion still going on, really...

then dont participate in it.

#178 delchev

delchev

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:52 PM

"I never really liked when female armor shows a lot of skin, it doesn’t make sense to me. This is a time of war! Not a swimsuit competition…"

#179 IDarko

IDarko

    Legion Commander

  • Members
  • 5486 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Dius]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:52 PM

Shoros said:

Well, it's the only reason to get upset about it. If you simply don't like the armor on their own character, then don't wear it - end of discussion.

Exactly. Maybe we should mass QQ next time we see a new non-skimpy armor. Just to show how dumb and immature the QQ-ing is that we see in this
thread. ;p

like this

Edited by IDarko, 31 January 2012 - 05:56 PM.


#180 Lwyn

Lwyn

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:58 PM

Okay, been looking through videos and I was surprised too see that the armor in question was already in G*Star demo, which showcased armors geared towards Asian audience.
(Yes, I know it is/was PvP). So, more Qs upon Qs?