• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

WvWvW Will Be A Failure

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
482 replies to this topic

#481 DutchAres

DutchAres

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:14 AM

Sprawl said:

The only real concern I have is for active server communities/skill vs others.

4. Leets - people who roll around in a set squad of 5 players (or whatever it is) looking for other similar groups of 5 or larger groups of bad players that they can take out due to skill, not focusing on objectives, just focusing on fights.

Leets? i am not a leet, but as an old daoc player i like challenging battles of group vs group fights. I like killing a larger opponent by just tactic and skill. Or even more trying to figure out a way to do this.

But i think a 5 man group is to small to do this.. To win from a larger group you dont fight headone... you need some kind of tactic to disable a large part of the other group and kill them one by one. Because of the duration of CC/shields being so short you 'll need to chain cast CC's. And the timers arent long but to long for a 5 person group to pull it off...
I think to be able to kill a 1.5 times bigger or even a 2 times bigger group, you will need atleast 10 players probably even 15.. That are trained to CC/shield (disable) in a special order.. Like player A and B start with a throwback and a shield , then 3 seconds later player C will do a CC, 6 seconds later player D etc...

#482 Ramanadjinn

Ramanadjinn

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:51 AM

i wouldn't feel it worthwhile to try to convince anyone that a person's skill level at the game will be directly mapped to their group size.

#483 DutchAres

DutchAres

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:59 AM

Ramanadjinn said:

i wouldn't feel it worthwhile to try to convince anyone that a person's skill level at the game will be directly mapped to their group size.

I hope not, else the game would realy be a failure.
The first thing i am gonna do in the beta is trying to find a group to test some tactic, i hope will work.
If it works, and no one makes a mistake, a group of 15-20 players could attack a whole zerg of +100 people and still not get killed.. (will be very hard  -> chain casting by different players gonna be hard ) though and someone will make a mistake eventualy... so the question will be howmany of the enemy zerg can you kill before the mistake will happen)

Also i bet with siege weapons, in ambushes you can kill much larger groups.
And there are always the old tactics that also worked in DAOC by backdooring a distracted enemy zerg or stretching them by a bait group.

Edited by DutchAres, 10 April 2012 - 09:02 AM.