Home | About | FAQ | Lore | Forums
Status: Recruiting | Region: International | Apply Here: Join Us
Character Creation Guide | Ashenfold Blog | Podcast
"We are Thieves, we are Knights, we are Pillagers, we are Protectors. We are the Cartel."
We are the Ashenfold Cartel. We do not align ourselves with any nation or guild - we seek to survive the onslaught of the Dragons while bettering ourselves in turn. All may join the Cartell; all may earn protection and respect within the Ashenfold...
Contacts: Shadowedsin, Toxa Vanschiver, PeriasGift
How we are known depends on where you stand...
There are many guilds within Tyria, so many that few would ever care to glance at their dealings. To the Law-Abiding Citizen there is simply the Trade Union or the Union, an enigmatic investment firm said to be located in both Divinity’s Reach and Hoelbrak. From their carefully placed investments the Union runs three companies each focusing on a particular object and purpose for their employers. To the Criminal there is the Cartel, an esoteric syndicate that moves throughout Tyria seeking to play the game of thrones and push things in its favor. What both sides to not understand is that this is simply the Ashenfold.
To Those Who Know Too Much the Cartel is a Society said to follow the motto of “Survive, Adapt, Prosper”. A simple code emblazoned on their lips as they aim to not only survive the Elder Dragons, but take what they can and turn it in their favor. Members of the Cartel may be villains, heroes, savants or simply soldiers. What unites them all is the notion of survival and the prosperity that comes in adapting to times haunted by Dragons.
What is the Ashenfold Cartel?
The Ashenfold Cartel is a roleplaying guild and community founded with the intent to roleplay on Guild Wars 2.
What does the Ashenfold name mean?
Ashenfold, as a name, was chosen with the word “ashen” to refer to the color gray’s neutral stance. The word “fold” was chosen to mean members within the Cartel are “all inclusive”. We chose the word “Cartel”, meaning a formal agreement between competing firms to emphasize the guilds internal conflict and changin storyline.
What type of Rp guild are you?
We classify ourselves as a community roleplaying guild, a living and breathing in-character community. We require a level of in-character reaction to what you do in game as a means to facilitate random occurrences of Rp.
How are you structured?
Our guild has an active OOC Structure and a separate IC Structure. This means that a player no matter what rank they are within the guild OOC hierarchy they always have a chance through dedication and good Rp to see their character rise to power. Now include the possibility of several different players and their characters gaming for the throne and you have the basis of what we call Dynamic Roleplay.
For this reason we also maintain a separate OOC Structure which represents the management of our community. Unlike other guilds where the Guild Leader and Officers hold power, the Officers of Ashenfold are a voluntary staff chosen to run and administer the community.
What is “Dynamic Roleplay”?
Dynamic Roleplay is Roleplay based upon the simple concept of action equating to consequence. For every action committed within the Ashenfold there is an equal and opposite reaction. Someone rises to power within the Cartel and through their actions carves out a name for themselves. At the same time they might end up alienating everyone and lose power. The result of their actions is completely up in the air as players are encourage to challenge fate and shape the guild through their decisions.
How do you plan to accomplish this?
We will accomplish dynamic change and evolution through the pusage of player driven leadership In Character and by carefully monitored Game Master storyline events. See event questions for more information.
Are you beginner friendly?
Yes, very. Our guild has its own Character Creation Guide and writes several blog entries about Roleplay. We do not reject people from our community and we try our best to help people increase their skill in Roleplay.
We also publish several guides on the subject of roleplay and lore to help newcomers get use to the world of Guild Wars 2.
Why do you have an age limit?
We require a base age of seventeen years or older, because of possible violence and content that might occur in our roleplay. We are not a cyber guild, but we do have elements you would find in an R-rated movie. You may see a lone hero take a beating or a simple villager assassinating a villain. Because of this we require the same base age cinema theaters require for seeing an R-rated movie.
How important is PvP and PvE to you?
Because of the dynamic nature of Guild Wars 2 and the systems built into it, we plan to use PvP (sPvP and WvW) and PvE as a means of enhancing the Roleplay experience. Not only do we wish for an existing presence in World Versus World, we hope to excel in both fields competitively. See event questions for more information.
What is your guild’s home-server?
Our home-server is currently Tarnished Coast. With Stormbluff Isle as our chosen overflow server.
Your guild seems pretty big, won’t I get lost in the crowd?
No, our guild is centered around member voice and player driven storyline. For this reason, although our population is quite large, we actively do our best to include all members who are willing to participate in events or just play with other members. Our guild is very friendly and we don’t limit you for two weeks before you can get into the Roleplay.[/spoiler]
The Ashenfold was founded as a neutral organization that would hold no alignment except for that created by the membership through their actions alone. For the past two years we have continued to not only iterate our own ideas, but create a guild where members have a full say and can truly shape the In Character destiny of the Cartel itself! We are a community of roleplayers who seek to create and perpetuate dynamic Rp in the Guild Wars Universe in the spirit of Guild Wars 2.
Our Stance on Rp Styles
We welcome all styles and forms of character in the RP spectrum. Instead of lashing people to a singular guild storyline we encourage an organic evolution of story through action and reaction. Magically inclined roleplayers, Game of Thrones fans, adventurers, mercs and all the like find a home in the Cartel.
- Separate OOC and IC Structure - Our IC and OOC guild structure is entirely separate meaning you as a player can become the IC leader of your own faction if your character can play the game of thrones!
- Player Driven and Player Designed - Entrench yourself or ignore the politics of the Cartel as you have a direct choice via democratic voting to decide the leadership of the Grandmaster (Cartel's IC leader). Us player driven factions called Societies to change the Cartel's laws and structure!
- RP Hubs and Businesses - Work in the upscale Social Club and Spa, or as criminal in the Gambling Den. Either being completely separate meaning Good, Evil and all in between can exist in the same guild!.
- Stability and Dedicated Staff - Ashenfold has existed since 2009 and was founded for GW2!
- Dynamic Rp and Roles - Ashenfold evolves with each choice of the members, and with our Role System you can define your character how you want! Want to be a bartender go for it? A merc awesome! An evil scientist mastermind, bring them on in! Through our diverse cast we tell fantastic stories and see our world evolve!
- Large but tight Knit - Our community is diverse and large, but we haven't lost that small guild feel! Everyone is welcomed right away, given a seat in our community and welcomed like an old friend!
- Applicants must be 17 years or older. Exemptions are granted upon request and thorough consideration (our about page covers this).
- Mature individuals who can abide our guild rules and accept the consequences of their actions in Rp.
- We are an ESL friendly guild, we just ask that people have grasp of the basics of English Grammar and Spelling.
Edited by ShadowedSin, 26 October 2012 - 09:54 AM.