Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:37 AM

The Dragoon Brotherhood
Posted Image

Website | Overview | Forums | Official Podcast

"Only a bad craftsman blames their tools"

---

Time Zone: Europe
Classes: All Welcome
Guild Focus: PvP, Running Events, Building a Strong Community, All forms of Content
Forums: Yes, with over 30,000 posts.
Ventrilo: Yes, and required for key moments (mic not required).
Recruitment Status: OPEN

════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════​

Who are we?

The Dragoon Brotherhood was founded in the now closed MMO named The Matrix Online, and for six and a half years since then we have travelled MMOs aiming to create a strong community that not only works together and respects one another, but aims to be the best they can be. With this in mind we have established ourselves as a tight knit community, with very skilled players that not only aim to be the most dangerous men and women in PvP, but strong members of a family that has outlasted thousands of guilds.

When you join the Dragoons you will be part of a family that works together to not only have as much fun as possible, but to also prove ourselves as some of the greatest PvP'ers around, be it through dueling, WvW, or tournament PvP itself.

If you enjoy PvE or crafting then there will be plenty of members here who enjoy that also, as we prefer to explore everything the game has to offer.

What can you expect?

A Guild that values YOU, for who you are, not your what gear you have.
PvP as much as possible, from tournaments and events we host, to outright chaos!
A tight-knit community void of drama.
Gamers that can kick serious butt, but have a good time laughing while doing so.
Experienced Leadership
Organization that has been honed over 6.5 years.
Unique events that will keep you entertained.
All forms of content, from PvE runs, to dedicated crafting.
A populated forums, active vent, and welcoming community.

════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════​

Sounds awesome! How do I join?

Posted Image

If you think this community is what you are looking for, I guarentee we will bring something unique and different you aren't used too. We will not only have as much fun as we possibly can, but we will do this in a drama-free atmosphere, which at the same time, isn't going a bunch of stiffs. If you wish to apply, please follow the following steps:-

1) Visit our website, and read through the tabs of information about us, particularly the Rules.
2) Once done, click the recruitment tab, and complete the application.
3) When you have completed the application, we shall respond as fast as humanly possible, certainly within 24 hours.
4) If we choose, we may need to ask further questions, please check back regularly to answer, or even arrange a time to get you in!
5) As a last word, we have lots of applications, and not everyone makes it. When handling applications there are many things we look for, please do not take it personally if we feel this guild is not right for you.

═════

Above all things we are just a bunch of gamers that like to have a good time and play hard. We are not huge, instead favouring quality over quantity, and we are not for all, but there are members that have been here for years and have frequently say there is nothing like us.

Don't settle for anything less, apply today, and be part of a Guild aiming to create a real legacy here in GW2!

TheHidden01
- Guild Master

Edited by TheHidden01, 08 June 2013 - 12:55 PM.

#2 TheHidden01

TheHidden01

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TDB]
  • Server:Seafarer’s Rest

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:19 AM

Our Aims

1) We aim to create a friendship orientated Guild where members value each other like a family.
The Dragoons was founded on the friendship of two people and since then it has become a cornerstone, a root of everything we are and have become. We aim to make sure every member is valued and welcomed and that we all fight for each other. We want this in a non-stressful way, we would like to encourage a relaxed atmosphere where gamers come together on ventrilo and laugh through their gaming. Our primary goal above all things is the growth of our friendship, and the working to make this guild as successful as can be.

2) We aim to become the top PvP Guild on our server.
One of the strongest attributes of the Dragoons is our will to PvP. For many years we have not only been good at PvP, we have defined it. Our aim is get every member PvP'ing with us, without the stress of elitism. We aim to help everyone grow and become a strong unit for the Dragoons. Ultimately we want us to be strong for you, and you to be strong for us. From regular training nights, to real combat experience we will find ways to train our Dragoons and build them into strong powerful warriors on the battlefield. Our aim is to walk onto the battlefield and strike fear in our opponents hearts. We want them to say "Oh shit, the Dragoons are here".

3) We aim to create an open gaming environment for all playstyles.
Although we are PvP focused, we aim to make sure that all content is covered and that members are free to explore all avenues of the gaming world. If you want to do Operations with us, we will provide ways to do that. If you want to roleplay, go ahead! New patch coming out and you want to try the content, we do too! Just because we are PvP focused does not mean that we will not dip our toes in everything the game has to offer. On the contrary we are all lovers of MMOs in general, and that includes all of it's content. Killing must be balanced after all!

TH

Edited by TheHidden01, 18 July 2012 - 03:32 PM.

#3 TheHidden01

TheHidden01

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:25 AM

Weekly Update

Preparing for Esports

One of the key parts of our guild as has been said multiple times is making sure everyone who wishes to learn more about PvP is taken care of. We have been really looking at different ways to prepare for esports and have come up with extremely unique systems.

Although I wont drivel on too much, our new scheme will not only promote our normal high quality and growth, but also give casual, and less hardcore players a chance to shine, but without the pressures of hardcore gaming. Yes some will be PvP'ing every night, and probably most of us, but there are those that choose not too, or do other things, and this is completely fine.

Hall of Fame 2012

As soppy as this may sound we have a Hall of Fame every year to award the true stand out members that have had a significant impact. During this time we also invite older Hall of Famers who may have moved on with their life but are still on good terms with the fellow members.

It's always a great time, and one of the major days on our calender, but the current Hall of Fame is fast approaching.

Members matter here, so it's always humbling to see modern Dragoons laughing at funny stories with older and celebrated Dragoons.

We are picky, but open

I will confess, as open, and as relaxed as our atmosphere is, we do take alot of time to find the best people for us. We reject moreso than we accept, but when you have a drama-less atmosphere full of great members who have been here for years, it makes being a little bit picky all the worth while.

We aren't too extreme though, there are some MASSIVE variations in personalities, but that's okay, because all respect the core values of this guild. Before applying, make sure we are for YOU, before making yourself available for US.

---

As always ask questions, PM, and feel free to apply. It can't hurt to at least try eh?

www.forever-dragoons.com

TH

#4 TheHidden01

TheHidden01

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:17 AM

Weekly Update

Our PvP Focus

When it comes to PvP we consider ourselves primarily world PvP'ers. Believe me, we will have a massive focus on esports, but it's fighting in an un-predictable world, full of different opponents. We will be right in the thick of it, together, experiencing all the different things that come with World PvP. After watching alot of videos the Guild is extremely pumped. World PvP, with no awards but honour, and glory, was where this guild was born, and it's where we will die.

If that sounds like something you would be interested... look no further.

PvE and other aspects

We wont just limit ourselves though, we will be fighting the giant Dragons, we will be dancing while the sunsets, and doing naked marathons through the cities. If you're not a heavy PvP minded player, but like the idea of friendship then we will also be with you. If you're cool that we have PvP maniacs that shake if they don't get their kill, then we will be perfect for you too.

Indeed some of us are not PvP'ers, we have PvE'ers, Roleplayers, and just laid back dudes that like to tell jokes on vent.

Final Note

As a final note, and a negative one, please do not apply if you're in another guild, we reject 100% of these and do not accept members that wont fight for their own group.

It doesn't appeal to us, we do not support guild hopping.

Take care all!

TH

#5 TheHidden01

TheHidden01

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:51 PM

Weekly Update

Re-vamping ourselves

This week our focus has been re-vamping our image, and looking at all parts to improve ourselves. For the past six years this has been something we have constantly.

It's a bit long, but it captures the essence of what we are about:-

When we were founded in 2006, we founded on being as successful as the other elitist guilds but without the elitism, royal expectation, or over-the-top guild running. Back then, the guilds were nothing like us, but with a massive increase in these so called "Guilds" that pollute our game, with their cliques, dramas, and kicks because you didn't gear up properly, those guilds from our past seem like amazingly successful stories.

When you join the Dragoons, when you're a member here, you're not a number, you're not "DRUID", you're Dorek, you're Kreed, you're YOU. You're not here because you whine like a bitch because something doesn't go your way. You're not here because you want to be the best and shit all over everyone until you achieve it (ironically we destroy these wannabes everyday). You're here because the people you play with, laugh with, train with, are people that matter to you. You're here because you know, no matter what battle it is, no matter what game it is, or mode, day, month or year, there is Dragoon that has your back. He wont run away from you to save his skin, she wont complain you are holding her back, he wont see you struggling and just group up with "better" players.

The people who are members here are people who give a shit about their members, they do everything they can to help one another, not only because that's the type of people we have, but because you know these people will do it all back two times more. The same people who were PvP'ing in MxO, AoC, CoH, CO, FE, WoW, DCU, WAR, APB, TOR, and soon to be GW2, among hundreds of games and MMOs, are the same people who will be killing everything in sight and doing everything for this guild.

We are not "an old school" guild that has "veterans" sitting on a forum saying how great they are and how modern MMOs suck because they can't wit, or click their way to PvP victory. We are not a guild that recruits heavy, and kicks heavy, or rejects you because your dildo isn't the right colour.

We are The Dragoon Brotherhood, the best ****ing guild at what we do. That's a relaxed, successful atmosphere full of gamers that give a shit, but who are relaxed enough to joke and laugh while we crush wannabe PvP guilds. We are the guys who understand winning doesn't happen in one game, we train hard, learn hard, and relish in defeat knowing that as great as we are, we can get even better.

We talk a big game, I'm typing a big game, that's not because we have a chip on our shoulders, it's because this guild actually has passion for what it is. It isn't lifeless, it has award ceremonies, guild wide massive events, and yearly members that stay with us year, after year, after year.

To all Dragoons, it's been a great ****ing ride, I've had nights full of tears of laughter, learning, and most importantly full of fun with people I consider real friends.

Why am I writing this? Because Guild Wars 2 is coming, and with a game with real world PvP, with a game with arena PvP that actually goes somewhere, we are stepping into a new age. We will take everything we are, and more, and over the next few months, we will be doing alot of work to not only enrich what we have, but to grow even further.

So thank you, to all who wear this tag at the moment, and welcome to all those that will soon be wearing our tag.

I guarentee, love us, hate us, wannbe us, we will leave a mark that you will never remove.

TheHidden01
- Dragoon King

---

Finally any questions feel free to ask. We have a great bunch of players here and I can only guarentee that we will do something you wont see coming ;)

TH

#6 TheHidden01

TheHidden01

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:07 PM

Weekly Update

As always we are looking for the right people for us, and hopefully the right guild for you.

Every month we celebrate a Player of the Month. At our regular Guild Meeting, all members vote, and this month current Lieutenant Kreed, was announced as our Player of the Month in a landslide vote, his first ever time.

It may seem a bit over-the-top, but we try our best to make members feel that they can achieve something here, respect is very important, and we do everything we can to encourage positive membership.

Perhaps that's why people stay for many years, because unlike the guilds you have been in... we don't value you for your class.

March 2012

Kreed (2011 - Present)

Nationality:- Dutch

Kreed won a landslide vote to be declared this month's Player of the Month, after a monumental month for the chosen one. Kreed began the month doing what he always does, helping as much as he can. From working with fellow members to teach them how to PvP in the Dragoon style, to fighting hard and leading Dragoon teams through all content. Not only this but Kreed has been hard at work helping the Guild to prepare for Guild Wars 2, with a new Profession database, and other news articles. With all this in mind, he was promoted to my right hand man in my crew as Lieutenant, and has started strongly.

The fact that so many voted for him, really says how respected, appreciated, and welcomed he is among the members. He took another step forward in the path of Dragoon life, and this month Kreed has earnt his first Player of the Month, perhaps the sign of many more to come!

Congratulations Kreed!

---

Feel free to apply, and just a side note, small short replies to our questions wont impress us, you may as well not waste the short 2 minutes you took to fill out our application ;)

The Dragoon Brotherhood - The best for you, and the best for us.

TH

#7 TheHidden01

TheHidden01

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

Every month we do a Dragoon spotlight on one of our members, and this month we took a look at one of our Lieutenants, Kreed. Our reigning Player of the Month!

Main Character Name: Kreed

Where in the real life world do you live?

Haaksbergen, a small town with about 25k peeps near the city of Enschede, in the Netherlands

How long have you been a Dragoon?

Since about two days after Star Wars: The Old Republic's early access launch. That would be the 17th of December, 2011, I think.

What MMO's have you played?

My actual MMO prowess is actually quite humble. I've played the original Guild Wars for about four years. I switched a lot between classes, but my heart will always be with my Earth Elementalist and my perma Avatar Dervish. The next MMO after that was the much spit on Aion: The Tower of Eternity. I started that one with classmates, but I was the only one left after the first month. I was quite stubborn. I worked myself up there to be one of the bad-ass PvP healers on the server - even when I didn't have PvP gear yet.

After a little over two years I bailed on Aion, after they made it possible to get a full set of second tier worthy PvP in less than two weeks, with barely any effort. I kind of made the 4+ months it took to get my own gear together seem like wasted effort. Shortly after that, Star Wars: The Old Republic launched. I'd been waiting a very long time for the game to release, having picked Bounty Hunter Mercenary as my class the moment it had been revealed. Like mentioned before, that was where I joined The Dragoon Brotherhood.

Being the second person to hit the lvl cap (50), I gathered a few PvP armour pieces and a nice space revolver. When the 1.1 patch came, the majority of the guild (myself included) decided it was time to re-roll to the Republic side, seeing how zergy Empire. That wasn't a challenge. I planned on playing the Merc's mirror class, the Trooper Commando, but the unfixed bugs the Trooper suffered from were almost glaringly obvious when compared to when I was playing the Bounty Hunter. So, yes, I decided to re-roll. I picked Gunslinger, a full ranged DPS class. The PvE was a little harder to progress through with medium armour and no healing abilities save for my trusty med pack, but the PvP was glorious! By the time I hit the cap my Valor lvl was over 40.

...But then came the warzone grind. I still love my Gunslinger and, at the moment, play it now and again while I'm still subbed for two months, but the lack of open world PvP just makes it dull, like having only one flavour of ice-cream in the fridge and it being vanilla. It's not bad, but you wouldn't want to eat it every day for hours.

And now I wait for Guild Wars 2, the other big MMO that's been on my wish list for years - actually longer than SWTOR has been.

What type of work do you do?

I'm a student studying Media, Information & Communication and am currently in-between part-time jobs... Is that change in your pocket?

What got you into gaming and what sort of games do you like the most?

Lemmings, when I was a wee little boy! And I enjoy Action RPG's the most. I want a good story and a world which pulls me in, but at the same time I don't want to be staring at no damn input menu's while waiting for my number to come up so I can give Slime 1 a bash with my wooden sword.

What other hobbies or activities do you take part in, other then playing with the Dragoons?

I usually follow one or two anime series every season, depending on how many manage to grab my interest, and the same goes for manga. The only ongoing, long term series I'm currently following is Fairy Tail (the manga). Aside from that, I do a little forum based role-playing to keep my English from rusting and give my creative spirit an outlet.

What is your highest character level in the games your a Dragoon in?

Kreed - lvl 50 Bounty Hunter Mercenary (SWTOR)
Kreedless - lvl 50 Smuggler Gunslinger (SWTOR)

How or why did you choose your main character's name?

Lame story. I was thinking about the story trailer for the Bounty Hunter class. The line "the only law in this galaxy, is the one a man makes for himself" wanted me to do something with it. So, thinking that a self imposed law is like a creed, I just chose to change the first letter of the word, without changed it's pronounciation. Thus Kreed was born.

What class have you been in various MMOs?

Mainly ranged. Was a big healer in the last six months that I played Aion, but switched to ranged DPS as main class of choice when SWTOR came out.

How would you describe your gaming style?

Tactical. Give no more ground then you need to. Or rather, HOLD THE LINE! Gunslinger taught me how to support as a ranged DPS, so I'm neither the first nor the last one in. While the tip of the spear distracts the brunt of the enemy force, I'll try and circle around, flanking them or hitting them from the rear. At the same time I also try and keep an eye on what's happening around me, should my support be needed elsewhere. Communication is also key to my group playstyle. Five sets (or more) of eyes see more than one, so keeping each other updated is important in matches and fort capping.

What rank are you in the clan, and what do you bring?

Lieutenant. I bring guns... lots and lots of guns... Also a friendly spirit and dedication.

What is your favourite moment as a Dragoon?

The early days in SWTOR, trolololing in Warzones by showing them solo players how a Dragoon team works.

What do you like best about the Dragoons?

The friendship between true members and lack of elitist B.S.

Who have been stand-out Dragoons in your mind?

Dorek; he might be a cave dwelling, child molesting, tablet hipster, but you can tell why he's underboss.
Urbanus; he might be gay Belgian schoolgirl molester (wait, what?), but he's shown a lot of dedication to the guild, despite his unfortunate absence and circumstancial demotion.

If you had to pick one thing to describe the Dragoons, what would it be?

A belt. It/we keeps you up, but at the same time can dish out some serious pain should you get on our bad side.

Who would be an inspiration to you in the clan?

Hidden; takes no bullshit, gives no bullshit. Straight as an arrow.

---

Thanks alot Kreed!

TH

#8 TheHidden01

TheHidden01

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:01 AM

Weekly Update

Welcoming several Captains

This week as we welcome several Captains to a new position. Being a Captain is a massive part of leadership, and it can take years to achieve for several members. It is a highly honoured position that the two guys, Swimming, and Gamikoe have worked hard to earn.

Being a leader in our guild doesn't just happen because you have been a member for a while, or even if you "bought" your way. It has many areas we look at, and for most it's not for them. Not because it's hard, but because our leaders really want to organize and lead for the reason of bettering the guild. Every member wants this, the Captain's organize it.

Preparing for Beta

The Dragoons will no doubt be slaughtering multiple players in WvW, we are so excited to be experiencing real world PvP, and not some tunnel in certain other MMOs we all know.

Please stop applying if...

You intend on writing less than a few words. Look, we have a great guild, our members do everything they can, if you can't be bothered to say more than a few words, then we wont be for you, simple.

Also yes, we are a successful PvP guild, and we will be victorious, but we are friendship first, and will not carry people looking to use us based on our history or our promises.

As detering as this message may seem, we reject so many applications for these very reasons. We have such a fantastic member-base we do all we can to make sure we keep it that way. We don't like to brag that we can reject others, but at the same time, it's important to know we don't just accept because you applied.

---

Feel free to learn more about us. Please note that our forums is private, and is only open to members. If you registered there and wondered why you are not activated, that is why.

TH

#9 TheHidden01

TheHidden01

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:05 PM

Weekly Update

Just a few more hours to go!

With just a few more hours to go, we are all pumped to be playing, and can't wait to get lost in the world! We will be PvP'ing hard, playing hard, and having a great time. With just two hours (as of this message), there is still time to join just in time, why not try the game with us?

Congratulations to Dariv for becoming a Sergeant!

After working hard, and just being a strong stand up guy. We have given Dariv a bump right ahead of Guild Wars 2 Dariv has been a stand up guy who is always up for a laugh, especially considering his black outs from his drunk periods.

Congratulations Dariv!

Enjoy beta everyone!

Finally, The Dragoon Brotherhood wish everyone a fun experience as we crush your skulls in PvP.

TH

#10 TheHidden01

TheHidden01

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:18 PM

Every month we interview a member and today we take a look at Dorek's Sergeant, Snaketale.

----

He has certainly been a different type of member, but today the much loved Snake shares an insight into the weird and wacky world of which is his brain.

Forum Name: Snaketale
Main Character Name: Snaketale

I live in Hoboken in the province Antwerp, located in the small country of a pissing tiny man, fries, beer and chocolate a.k.a Belgium.

2 months and a bit.

WoW, gw1 if this could be called an mmo.

I'm currently a student at a college studying psychology.

I started gaming back when I was small with my dad in a small attic appartment. We played on a SNES together and eventually I played about every game I got my hands on. Usually my pick of favorite game stays within the FPS,platform, RTS, RPG and MMO(RPG) genres.

What other hobbies or activities do you take part in, other then playing with the Dragoons?

Lately not a lot anymore thanks to school, tho I have started swimming again about 2-3 times a week. Other than that, just hanging out with friends and proofreading for a friend of mine who is writing a book.

lvl 18 ranger from GW2 beta.

I wanted to write snaketail back in my WoW days, didnt focus hard enough and ended up typing snaketale and ever since that day I found myself with that name.

In WoW mage, priest, rogue, hunter, paladin, warlock, warrior, druid, shaman. So every class, except for deathknight Razz

I used to be a very offensive player and then made my way to be an support player with an offensive touch. Taking blows and kiting enemys and back in WoW healing. So in the end I think I became an adaptable player that just adjusts to what the team needs at the time.

What rank are you in the guild, and what do you bring?

Sergeant, I have no clue what I bring, never actually thought about it before, I just wish to be a presence in the guild and grow here. So in the end I bring myself, my pervertedness and my skull collection that inspires dread in my fellow man.

To pick one, the beta event in GW2, enjoying pvp with the guild, shouting, laughing, having a good time. That was great.

The people, everybody is who he/she is and nobody has to hold back, this makes the atmosphere great and lets everybody bond as a family.

Dorek, Hidden, Swimming and Kreed for everything they do for the guild and all the behind the scenes work that makes this guild go round.

Family

Who would be an inspiration to you in the clan?

Dorek, one day I also wish to become a god.

---

Thanks alot Snake!

TH

#11 TheHidden01

TheHidden01

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:48 PM

Weekly Update

Every week I used to do a Hidden Agenda that would be a weekly message to all Dragoons. I did this for many years but have stopped for several months. I have though, decided to re-do it. Even though it's a Saturday, they will all come on a Friday (largely), and I look forward to writing this once again.

With us having an oppotunity to play Guild Wars 2 again on Monday, we are all looking forward to quietly to playing even if it's short. Personally I am still unsure as to which class I want to play come release, but hopefully I can come to a decision during this Monday's beta... that is if we can get in, considering it's a stress test. For this test we wont do anything special or different as it's only one evening, but hopefully we can just find time to get plenty of killing and laughter in before the closure once again. For the next weekend we fully intend to recruit, run some events, and make things as fun as we can for all of us!

With us not really having a game at the moment, things are quieter on the recruitment front. We are fortunately getting plenty of applications, but as we all know, many are not making the cut, and this is okay. The one that recently did, that of Yoghurts, has now passed the boot camp process as is now a full member. Congratulations Yoghurt, and fortunately moreso for me, welcome to the Dragoons, and of course, my crew!

There is other humbling news as Swimming has reached five years of membership today, I cannot express how much knowing this humbles me. To think that someone could put up with my leadership, our guilds rise and falls for over five years is remarkable. Of course we are successful, but many come and go, and it's fantastic that our retention rate is so successful lately. Yes we have to kick one or two every year, or we see others leave, either for real life reasons, or other things, but many of you are still here, and I can guarentee it's going to be a fantastic time in Guild Wars, especially when I see all the members we have, and how unique, excellent, each member is. Swimming, bar myself of course, is the second member to achieve this, Marshy, former Underboss and three-time Player of the Month, is the first.

It's good to be writing these blogs, I used to enjoy the closure that came every week when writing them, and I am looking forward to publishing them every week!

If you want to join, or learn more about us, feel free to visit us here!

TH

Edited by TheHidden01, 12 May 2012 - 05:54 PM.

#12 TheHidden01

TheHidden01

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

Weekly Update

After what has been a very sleepy afternoon to me in real life, it's time to rattle off another one of my returning blog posts. This week I wanted to address what I would like us to achieve in Guild Wars 2 indepth.

The Dragoon Brotherhood has three overall aims which you can view on our website, but today I wanted to address how we will work on them in Guild Wars 2.

1) We aim to create a friendship orientated Guild where members value each other like a family.
Heading into Guild Wars 2 we have a fantastic roster, we are smaller than usual but the quality is extremely high. There are many of you who have been here for a long period of time, and alot of members are doing all they can to help prepare, and improve this guild in time for release. There is a real calm around the guild at the moment, and a hunger to not only grow in the guild but to see this guild foster great friendships. There has always been a sense of brotherhood within our guild, but recently that sense has been aplified. I am very excited to take this adventure with you all because I know how great it feels to be a member right now.

2) We aim to become the top PvP Guild on our server.
Within this guild we have some excellent PvP'ers who have truly re-shaped this guild back in their playing days. From the excellent movement of Dorek that is truly legendary, to Gamikoes hard work and growth, to Swimming's incredible brain that pushes all around him, and this is just scratching the paint work. We have some excellent, passionate, and hungry members, ready to fight hard for this guild. There are things we need to work on, but our regular training nights, and constant support of each member will iron out any issues that constantly persist in a growing, competitive guild. We will also help all those that are new, and need help. We don't care if you can't play, if you want to learn, we will help you. It takes a regular guild to win some battles, it takes a great guild to grow their members beyond the expected level.

3) We aim to create an open gaming environment for all playstyles.
With so much content in Guild Wars 2 we will be getting involved in all forms. From doing the massive PvE bosses, to tackling the instances, to even a spot of roleplay. Whatever tickles your fancy there will be a home for it. This doesn't mean we detract from our PvP, it means we maintain this while adding more onto it. We want to be able to enjoy the game for everything it is and more. We want to encourage a community that not only focuses on PvP but many other elements. PvP was, is, and always will be our main focus, and main love, but that doesn't mean that we can't enjoy other elements.

---

That's just a look at our aims and how they will come to play. There are many minor aims out there, but these are the over-arching aims for the guild.

TH

#13 TheHidden01

TheHidden01

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

Weekly Update

As I sit here baking in the sun it's top for my weekly update in what is a most beautiful day, being English, fine whether is like sex for us!

This week has seen the return of an old friend, one we shunned in the past, and one that gets abused like a red-headed step child. Yes, some of us have started playing World of Warcraft. Being one of those players, it is nice to just play something MMOish before GW2 rolls in. It isn't GW2, and will never fill that void left over, but it's something to do at least. With new recruits applying every week, it may even be a place to meet like-minded players who are also only playing WoW for a time until GW2 arrives. Although the community is less than joyful, it gives us all a chance to catch up on PvP, work on movement, teamwork, communication, and just get playing with one another in a competitive setting.

That is why the leaders will be doing our best to help the Dragoons to grow into excellent PvP'ers. What sets us apart from other guilds is that we do everything to help each other to grow. We help our members, we teach our members, and we continuously play with one another so we can learn how each do. If one of us isn't so strong, then we sit down, identify what areas need to be worked on. If you it's your trait build, we will go through that, and offer recomendations. If it's an actual combat thing then we dedicate all the time to help you grow. If it simply comes down to experience, no problem, we will never exclude members because they "aren't good enough".

We do this because PvP is not what comes first but rather friendship and brotherhood. Our members do everything they can to help one another because our members understand the only way we are going to go forward is together. We reject so many applications because people are just looking to use guilds for their own means. We understand that guilds have unfortunately followed this trend, but we are not like this. We don't join to "use" each other, we join to be part of a group of friends. Of course people get things out of being here, but they also give.

We have a fantastic bunch of people here, I wont lie, we aren't for all, and that's fine. But for those that do like a more laid-back (that doesn't mean casual), yet efficient group, we are definately for them.

From what I have been hearing it's gorgeous all over Europe, enjoy the weather, and all the best!

TH

#14 TheHidden01

TheHidden01

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:48 PM

Weekly Update

This week I'd like to post up our Player of the Month write up for Kreed, a Liuetenant in our guild that has just won his third Player of the Month.

May 2012

Kreed (2011 - Present)

Kreed earns the illustrious Player of the Month title for the third time in the row becoming the first Dragoon to do it since voting was introduced. Kreed's performance has been as perfect as every other month as he continues to grow as a Lieutenant, and member, of the Dragoons. This month saw many challenges come his way as second to myself in my crew. Firstly there was work with Sergeants that Kreed gave strong advice too, and of course the draft itself, and all the fallout that followed. Kreed brings a level-headed, and easy going personality, that he uses to conquer any issue and work efficiently with the members of the guild.

Kreed is a fantastic guy, a genuine guy that is friends of all. The respect that this guild has for Kreed is symbolized in his third title, and it just goes to show how far this quiet man from Holland has come. He really is the man of destiny as he was tauted from day one, one can only wonder how high this momentum could take him!

Congratulations Kreed you join an elite list of members who are three-time champions, ironically they are all Captains or ex-underbosses. There is food for thought.

---

Although this might be odd to some, this is just one of the many ways we appreciate the members of the guild. We are relaxed, jokey, and have a good time, but we have alot of respect for one another. Friendship comes first with us, it's through this that we build, through this we excell.

It's because of this, that we have such great members as Kreed, and that's pretty humbling thing to say as a leader ;)

TH

#15 TheHidden01

TheHidden01

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:49 PM

Dragoon Spotlight - Urbanus

Ain't no doubt about it, Urbanus is a strange bloke, and yet for the past six months the naughty teacher has kept us alive with his witty banter and easy going nature. On a side note, happy 30th Urbanus!

Main Character Name: Urbanus

Torhout in Belgium (small city)

Almost 6 months ;-)

- Diablo 2
- World of warcraft
- Rift
- SWTOR
- GW2

Teacher (Math and Science)

- I grew up with games. My father bought Pacman and then I never stopped.
You cn say I grow with the gamingworld
- Games that I'll never forget:Pacman, Pong, Tank Wars, Duke, Mortal Kombat, Dead or Alive, Civalisation, Ages of empire, Counter strike, Diablo 2, Assasins Kreed, Matrix The path of Neo, Fifa, Sonix, Q's, Golden Axe...

Dog-training (Agility)
Soccer-trainer
Ski- en snowboard
Movies

SWTOR 29 I think.
Ik have lvl 80's on wow, but they are on another server and other factions (I playes them before I was a dragoon ;-) )

I'm a fan of the godfather of dutch comedy called Urbanus.
I also like the sound of that name. For people who talk another language it's a cool strong name.
For people who speak dutch, they noticed the name and stop to talk. Easy to find fast dutch people (especial when I couldn't say much in english)

Healer most of the time. But since I'm in this guild, I start discovering dps (and I like it).

When I want something, I don't stop until I have it. I also like to have a job in a game and do that good. Like if I need to heal the flagcarrier, I'll heal him until I'm dead. And with respawn I'll run straight back to the guy. I don't care of my own result, but in the result of the party.
In my gamingstyle I try to learn for everywhere. I try to follow advice to make myself better. For example if somebody says I can't use backwards, I'll will unbind it until I learn not to use it.

Sergeant- I'm a social guy who wants to help as much people as posible.
I try to make evrybody's time good in here. I like to make events and guides.
I hope I can teach in GW2 new members the things I learned here.
If I can choose to help another person or myself... I'll choose the other person.

When I came here I was noob in PVP. I trained a week hard for movements. In a warzone in TOR I was togehter with Hidden defending a base. 3 people with high lvls attacked us. We just owned them and it was the first time I killed somebody cause I had better skills, not the better stats.

I also like it when we have a full group of dragoons in PVP. The way we work together with respect for eachother is great.

Social and understanding. We don't go for own succes, but for the succes of each person of the guild. Also evrybody can say what he thinks.

I learned alot of Hidden in al ways of gaming and guild-things. I like his no-nonsens way of saying things, but still gives you the chance to defend yourself.

An other person is Gami my Captain. We really are persons who look to things at the same way. When we discuss things we get fast results. He is very understanding and gives my the feeling I can trust him with my eyes closed. He will say what he thinks, but always respects the other person.

Kreed really is a guy who is a walking encyclopidia. He is a chill person that knows how to train people. He is a strong PVP'er, but doesn't mind duel with you for hours just to learn you something.

Dorek is the guy who is straight but honest. He has his way of motivating people to work harder. When you have a task, he will make sure you get points you can work on. He makes people grow fast and good.

Elsbeth I'll also will mention here. We have a friendly connection since we played togheter. She is always fun to talk with and makes the chat always intresting. She can stand her men and isn't affraid to say how she feels about things.

Prikkel (Thats the name of a weekend where all scoutleader of the camps I did come togehter to have fun. It's a very social thing, but between that we learn alot there from eachother and people who come to speak. The camps I did where for persons with an handicap.)

Who would be an inspiration to you in the guild?

Hidden and Gamikoe

---

Thanks alot Urbanus!

TH

#16 TheHidden01

TheHidden01

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:34 PM

Weekly Update

Preparing for Guild Wars 2

Heading into GW2 we are in a fantastic state, we probably have the best possible collection of members we have ever had heading into game, so we are very happy with who we have, sure about what we want from potential members, and strong enough to say no to those who don't understand what we are about. The new recruits that have managed to get in have all settled fast, and things are going very smoothly.

With this in mind, we are lowering the questions asked on our recruitment application, but tightening up our trial. We have always prefered to meet with others, and this way will suit us more when in game. We can afford to do this because of our excellent trial and our ability to retain 95% of membership over a long period of time after they become full members.

We aren't just PvP!

One thing I would like to make clear is that even though we are PvP first, we do all forms of content, if you want to do instances, crafting, puzzles, whatever floats your boat. You can even run around naked at Lion's Arch with us, whatever tickles your fancy, we have something for everyone!

TH

#17 TheHidden01

TheHidden01

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:58 AM

Weekly Update

PvP Madness

As we said in our original post we are not a young guild by any stretch of the imagination. When it comes to PvP we have achieved alot of great things. In some games we have absolutely dominated and in other games we have just held our own. In GW2 we are probably doing more preparation than ever before. We have always encouraged an open atmosphere from training nights to just having people come out and watch someones play.

We are not just for the hardcore PvP'er though, if you're new to it, or slightly casual, then that's okay. We are happy to welcome you into PvP and show you just how good it can be. We honestly believe that we can make even the worst player, the best, and that's not because we are "1337 Pro", it's because we have the knowlege, dedication, and will to help YOU.

Stress Test

Stress test was a pretty fascinating time for us as we touched up on our PvP. A new guild record of 280 points in arena was set, and we dominated every arena we played in. We also had some Dragoon on Dragoon for the best possible competitive battle. At release we shall be leveling together, PvP'ing together, running events together, we shall be doing everything we can to make sure this guild maintains the friendship and brotherhood of which we aspire too.

Final Word

We are definately worth a look, I have made no secret about us not being for the vast majority due to the simple fact that people think guilds are simply places to "use". In our recruits, applications, and the people we meet, we look for more. It's all well and good that you want to be part of a guild for our PvP prowess, but we want more, we value friendship, and it's interesting to know just how many gamers these days seem to miss the key component for PvP success.

TH

#18 TheHidden01

TheHidden01

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

Dragoon Spotlight - General Yoghurt

Yes he's young, but that hasn't stopped the young maestro hitting his first Player of the Month in just two months along with the rank of Sergeant. Now let's take a look at the young man from Sweden.

---

Forum Name: General Yoghurt
Main Character Name: General Yoghurt (Usually without the space due to games not allowing that :P)

Currently in Sweden

About 2months and hm 6 days?

WoW
Swtor
Gw2 (Beta)

Well i study obviously at school but otherwise i do the simple housework Throw trash (not myself),clean and all that

Well when i was young at around like 3-5 or so i played resident evil with my parents. Wierd that they letted me play such a game in that age but it started a great path for me. I like many game types but my favorties would be. Action adventure, FPS. Stealth (more awesome if you can hack stuff) and flight simulators but haven't played one for a while And of course MMo's

Usually watching Tv-series all day.
Reading (Sometimes)
Watching movies

i do have my warlock lvl 85 in darksorrow and in the guild. So that one currently

Oh boy the times i try to find a name i can like for a very long time. This name's story is quite lame but i did drink milk alot before sometimes i even drank 1 packet in just 2 days and then again. Eventually i started to puke after i drank milk and started to drink yoghurt more (I were drinking yoghurt before it) So i started to love it more and thought that why not have something as my favorite as my name. And as it is very few who give themself a name with yoghurt i had no problems with it.

I have been doing alot of classes becaose of how long it takes for me to find a right class.
Warlock, Hunter,Paladin, Druid, Rogue, Warrior, and priest (From wow obviously)
In Gw2 beta i have tested Mesmer, Necro and ranger (just a bit)

I would say i am pretty open try new things. But if i were possible go Stealth+Hacking or go hack and slash just for the thrill of it.

I am currently Sergeant and what i bring to the dragoons is my helpfulness if now that is even a word. To everyone and put to help others as my priority as much as possible. I try to bond with people. If i see a good chance to connect then i will take it. (Like someone plays a game i have played or so)

Probably when i watched matrix for the first time ever with Hidden. I mean the movie was awesome but to watch it with someone. A brother just made the experince greater. hidden were also pretty excited about it which made it so much more memorable and awesome too. But i have had many other great moments as a dragoon but this one feelt special.

That we value Friendship, Brotherhood and teamwork. We care about each other instead of that we thinking each other some random dude who likes to pvp or what not.

Didn't see that one :P. Well it would be. Hidden, Dorek and discordia as i have seen them the most

GreatBonding (See what i did there)

Hidden, he has and still is learned/ing me alot of things . His strong leadership is the most greatest i ever seen. and of course the work he puts to the brotherhood

Dorek my crew leader. A great underboss, crew leader who i see puts alot of work he puts to the dragoons. he does alot for his brothers and cares to do so. And i couldn't stop being happier to be in his crew

Both are very straight forward in guild buisness. Both helps me grow alot.

Discordia. I must say that she gives me inspiration as to her will to help and of course her positive energy that she brings in such early stage of what i have seen

---

Thanks alot Yog!

TH

#19 TheHidden01

TheHidden01

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:24 PM

Weekly Update

Recruiting Away

This week has been possibly our biggest recruitment time yet with plenty coming on our vent to meet us and discuss the guild with us. Some make it, some don't, but the important thing in our eyes is to just make sure that everything is perfect for both sides of the table. We are not a large community, but we are strong, and even though we always keep an open mind, we are very sure of what we are looking for. My main piece of advice if you are considering joining is read our rules, read our rankings, and see if we are truly for you. If you are happy with them, more than likely you are half way in.

Playing WoW in the meantime

In the meantime we have been playing a bit of WoW to pass the time among other games. We are heavily comitted to WoW and will leave immediately once Guild Wars 2 is released, but in the meantime if you have a WoW sub this could be a good time to get in and play with us just to see how we are.

Final Word

With everything said and done, it's been great meeting the varying personalities out there, we are not going to crumble anytime soon, six years foundation speaks for itself, but we do take the greatest care in finding the right people, not just for us, but for you in the future should you join.

TH

#20 TheHidden01

TheHidden01

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:51 PM

Weekly Update

WvW

Now is a good time as any to say that even though we will have several sPvP teams, our main focus is WvW. World PvP has forever been our love, especially large scale, co-ordinated PvP, and already we are doing all we can to help our server, communicate, and lead us to victory. We have had some truly excellent moments this weekend, and it has been an absolute blast. Not to toot our own horn, but I have been so pleased with the way the guild has worked together, stayed strong, and taken down much larger numbers.

Welcome to the new recruits!

During beta we have certainly been busy and we have met several cool dudes, and conversed with many others looking for a guild. Recruitment is a funny thing, you may have someone else who will fail your trial, or they may go on to become one of your best members. Regardless, welcome to all new recruits!

Just join!

Things are always exciting with the Dragoons, and I can honestly say, if you're on the fence, join and see how it goes. We are a guild unlike any other, I wont lie, we are not for all, but if you are looking for a guild with a real family atmosphere, and close bond.

We will be for you.

TH

#21 TheHidden01

TheHidden01

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:13 PM

Weekly Update

Promotions

Earning rank within the Dragoons is a very prestigeous thing. Within our guild we never hand out ranks, they are fiercely earnt with alot of dedication and teamwork. Currently, and with all honesty, the leadership team of today is the greatest and most stable in our entire history. So it's always fantastic when a new Captain is promoted, our officer rank. Kreed has been here 8 months now, so is relatively fast in collecting the promotion, but his dedication, immaculate ingame leadership, and a positive contribution on all levels has proven that Kreed is more than ready.

It's a slight "I told you" moment for me, as I said day one of recruitment, he will be a future Captain, and he is the only one I've said that about!

Heading to release

Beta has come and passed and now we are on the road to release. The Dragoon Brotherhood is fully behind GW2 with it being our primary focus. We are looking forward to playing all forms, and meeting many new people. It's our anniversary month up and coming, and it will be a good time to celebrate our six year history upto this point right before we embark on a new age for the Dragoons. Why not join us?!

Guild Community Town Hall

This past week the Dragoons attended the town hall hosted by Guild-World.com to discuss the game, and of course guilds themselves. We had a great time meeting the community and thank the hosts for the event.

As a guild we aim to be a big part of the server we go to, as it's important for us not only in WvW, but to create a meaningful community not full of trolls, but at the same time not full of Alliance Cliques and elitists.

TH

#22 TheHidden01

TheHidden01

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

Dragoon Spotlight - Dariv

The friendliest drunk in Dragoon history has been a much loved member of the Dragoons since he first joined many months ago. Now we take a look at the drunk bastard and get to know the real Dariv.

Main Character Name: Dariv

Sunny England Posted Image

Just over 7 months

EVE, SWTOR, WoW and the GW2 beta.

Electricians mate, shop fitting mainly

I got into gaming at about 5 years old when my parents bought me a Sega Megadrive for christmas, since then i've owned pretty much every gaming console. Strategy games are my prefered choice since Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 i've been hooked on them going onto later C&C games the Stronghold series until I found Total War and got hooked on them. I also really enjoy RPG's.

I play alot of Electric and Bass guitar although my main activities involve going down the pub and consuming more alcohol than I should Razz.

Not currently in an MMO but got 85 mage in WoW.

In EVE my race was Caldari with Civire bloodline. Just played with the letters until i came out with Calire Dariv but SWTOR didn't allow 2 names so i shortened it Wink

In SWTOR i had a tank Bounty Bunter, tank Jedi and healer Trooper. In EVE I was setup for a shield tanking role and in WoW the little I did play was DPS mage. In the GW2 beta I was a double dagger Elementalist

Tell us about your personality?

Laid back easy going kinda person.

Don't think i really have a particular style

I'm a Knight. I help out whenever I can and and like to think i bring a chilled atmosphere whenever i'm about.

Best moment would probably in SWTOR when we filled a warzone with an entire Dragoon team and kicked ass. Although that only stands out as it was not long after I joined theres many more.

The relaxed friendly atmosphere, how i can just pop on at any time and chat to my friends.

All of the Captains, always willing to help out and do anything for the guild.

Friendship

Hidden and Dorek both work very hard for the guild anddo anything they can to help out.

---

Thanks alot Daz!

TH

#23 TheHidden01

TheHidden01

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:38 AM

Weekly Update

We are going to Aurora Glade

Initially we were heading to Umbral Grotto, but due to this server not being available for release we have chosen Aurora Glade as our new home. Although it's bigger than our last server, we are looking forward to getting straight into the thick of it and helping to lead our server to victory. It's not the biggest but that's better for us.

The harder the challenge, the greater the glory.

New or veteran PvP'ers

Regardless of our high goals in PvP, we are open to all PvP'ers. If you are new to PvP, or very in-experienced, we can help you. We have a very open atmosphere, and we do all we can to help others within a co-operative, open, and non-elitist environment. We have gone to games, recruited many newcomers to PvP, and made something of it. After all, what manner of leaders would the leaders and I be, if we couldn't achieve this?

If on the other hand you're a veteran, we will challenge you and push you in a healthy way. We have some superb PvP'ers and we know that you're only as good as you're last battle. Our atmosphere encourages growth, and teamwork, and if you're willing to work with us, you will always grow.

Not a huge PvP'er? Don't be discouraged!

Even though PvP is our focus, don't be put off if you're not a huge PvP'er. Friendship is our first aim, and our first focus above all things. If you value this, if you like a relaxed, strong community, and want a home for many years, then we will be for you.

We will be doing all forms of content, we love MMOs in general, and want to experience every form of the game we play. We have many types of players, and I guarentee you'll find someone for every activity.

---

With just a short while to go, this is a perfect oppotunity to join, get to know us, and roll with us. As I have told many new recruits, yes we have a very well established, yes we have members who have been here for years, but it's not some closed core, it's an open house. Regardless of this, when we start playing WE ALL are playing the game together as one. We are ALL together for release, and it's a fresh start for all.

Be here, ride the waves, and be part of a community that unlike the majority of guilds out there, gives a shit.

TH

#24 TheHidden01

TheHidden01

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

Weekly Update

Happy Anniversary Dragoons!

On the 21st we celebrated our sixth anniversary, an astonishing achievement if we do say so ourselves. On this day we had a great celebration and a time of respect and giving. Each member is incredibly important to us, and it's humbling as a leader to see people stay for many years and give their all for an online community. We do not just surpass guilds, we define it. This may sound arrogant, but few guilds actually give a damn about the community they host. It's all about how they can use people, what benefits they can get, and what quality groups they can form. For us it's far deeper, it's friendship, it's a closeness that extends beyond the game.

Don't settle for guilds that would drop you in a heart beat,

Okay... maybe not Aurora Glade

Server choice eh? With alliances shifting and moving we too are facing changes. Although we have a relative idea of where we are going, we are just going to wait for release and use our free transfer should something better becomes available. Although we do have a server in mind, it's not that important to us, as long as our server isn't full, then it's no issue for us.

Just a couple of days to go!

We are so excited for release, it's going to be awesome! These days maybe excruitiating, but why not join us, get to know us, and hang with us.

We may have been founded many years but when the game rolls out we all start as one. Be a part of a successful guild that will not vanish 3 months down the line because their leaders got bored of the project.

TH

#25 TheHidden01

TheHidden01

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

Weekly Update

Successful Start for us!

It's been a real positive start for us heading into the second week of release. We have met some excellent people and are really building a foundation for the guild. I am really excited by the events we have already completed, the activities we have already ran, and the people who have already grown with us.

We are not perfect, and yes there are alot unsuited to us, but considering that we are finding some good people to blend in with our very strong membership, things are going just as we could have hoped.

Guild Meeting tonight!

Being as it has been six years since we founded we have learned some tricks here and there and one thing we do is a Guild Meeting for our members to discuss issues and ideas and for all of us to talk as one. Many members often speak very highly of our meetings and feel that unlike other guilds, there is a real open, and caring atmosphere among the members to hear other opinions. There is also of course no conflict, if one idea isn't favoured, then so be it, we don't beat our heads and get insulted.

It's a great time to join

By now if you're looking for a guild it's possible you already know GW2, joining now is perfect while everyone is still levelling. We have a walk, welcoming atmosphere, that is very relaxed for new recruits to come in and hang with us while they experience the game. We have plenty of events, but of course there is plenty of room to breath and enjoy the game at your own pace.

TH

#26 TheHidden01

TheHidden01

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

The first Dragoon to ever be re-interviewed... but then, it has been three years since his last one. Back then he was a reigning Underboss and went on to win Dragoon of the Year but this year we look at a much calmer Marshy, continuing strong after five years of membership. He may not be leading due to his casual presence these days, but he still impacts the guild every night he's on.

---

Real Life First Name: Andrew
Forum Name: Marshy
Main Character Name: Marshie

Newcastle upon tyne, best place in the UK may I add.

5 great years.

Mxo, AoC LOTRO, GW2 GW, SWG, SWTOR, UO, FLYFF, DDO,

I am a server manager at Smart office systems.

What got me in to gaming was pvping and the fact that I know I am fighting with someone else in the world, MMORPGs.

I used to play golf atlot, but apart from that going out and pulling medium birds, and getting my leg over.

AoC,80 Mxo 50

Dont know just came to me.

Stealth.

Tell us about your personality?

Jokey, very laughy but takes no shit when comes to important stuff.

Relaxed, can be hardcore at times.

At the moment I am a Knight, and I hope I bring a laugh to the guild, and skill in PvP i hope that is at least Posted Image

In AoC When we knocked the * out of scum, when they tried to spawn camp us, and yet we still came out on top.

The closeness.

Dorek, Hidden, Demon, Yog, and kreed.

Kings.

Cant say who, but everyone who puts in the effort for this guild and tries to make it work.

---

Thanks alot Marshy!

TH

#27 TheHidden01

TheHidden01

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:30 AM

Weekly Update

Been a strong week for us, and met some great members going forward. The thing that seperates us isn't just our aims it's because we are unlike any other guild out there. I see many guilds here just quickly bumping their threads, for me, I hate that. If I was to do that it would feel like this guild has nothing to say for itself... as you can tell from our updates that's hardly the case.

Here we live and breath what a community is about. FRIENDSHIP. Hate us or love us, we are completely different to these guilds that use you, or sit there with 150+ members and only two show an interest, every member cares, every member is there, every member gets involved.

That's us...

Now why settle for less?

TH

#28 TheHidden01

TheHidden01

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

Guild News - Friday 28/09/2012

New Age

Last week brought a new age to the Dragoons as we turned the Dragoons upon it's head and mixed everything up. So far we have been riding of a wave of momentum and things are going excellently. Although it's quietened down since then, I cannot stress how excited I am by the changes we have made. They are not over, in fact the biggest is yet to come, but this is nothing to worry about. For six years we have kept up with the times and adapted to our situation, this is what has made us strong, and has made us successful.

World of Darkness

As has been discussed in the deeper musings of the night, World of Darkness has taken our interest and we have even put up our recruitment thread. If you are interested in learning more there isn't alot of information out, but it seems *ing awesome. At this current time we are playing Guild Wars 2 and really enjoying it, WoD is several years away so there will be no major changes, but for the time being it's worth keeping an eye out and we will be providing coverage for the game.

Guild Wars 2 PvP Tonight

Tonight we have plenty of PvP for the Dragoons, we have training nights, tournaments, everything a Dragoon could need, feel free to attend, even if on trial, and sign up for the tournaments if you wish to enter.

---

Final Word

Things are moving swiftly, plenty of new changes, and we have set an excellent foundation going forward and have some excellent members, it's truly a great place to be at the moment, and we are more than prepared for the future.

TH

#29 TheHidden01

TheHidden01

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

Weekly Update

Dueling and Championships

With the amount of dueling happening in Guild Wars 2, a new tournament has come into place in the form of the Dragoon Championship. At the end of this month we will have a knock out tournament to find the "Dragoon Champion", a title that will be contested after that event regularly between Dragoons, much like a wrestling, or boxing title. There is of course FNT not too far on the horizon for those that prefer the league format. These are just a few of the events that we host here, and we have plenty of events upcoming for the Dragoons based in all sorts of types of the game.

Another successful Guild Meeting

This week was our Guild Meeting and it was great to see so many Dragoons there this week, we got through alot of things and went over the new changes. Not only that but we crowned a new Player of the Month in Swimming, who won his second title since his joining. Every month we host a Guild Meeting, and every month we have strong conversations about the present and future of the Dragoons. What is fantastic is how everyone pitches in, asking questions, offering suggestions without members getting insulted. For six years it has been this way, and it will forever be this way with the type of atmosphere we have.

New forum skin and changes

Our forum has been well overdue for a forum skin upgrade, and finally I have found something good that all of us like. So as you can see there are some new changes, and some new upgrades while we at it. I also have a new badge system for time in the Dragoons which looks awesome, and goes upto 50 ranks, or 50 months time! I do have some additional above that for those of you above 4 years, just check out Swimming's profile.

---

Overall it's been a busy week, we got a Council Meeting tonight and tournament PvP, as well as this we have our lottery tomorrow, and training night Sunday.

Typical Dragoon high octane weekend then.

TH

#30 TheHidden01

TheHidden01

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:18 AM

Weekly Update

Tournaments and more tournaments

Been alot of tournaments this week as we scheduled more tournament events. The main focus for leadership has been to involve everyone and help everyone. On Sunday we had a three hour training session which was great, and we helped alot of different ability levels. From newcomers to PvP, to analysing the advanced PvP'ers. Many guilds aim to create an "A team", or "B team", but here we aim to maximise every part of the Dragoons. We aim to make everyone excellent or "A team" level, and steadily, this is coming about here in GW2, as it will in every game.

We have a great group of people who put not only alot of time in bettering themselves, but helping others, analysing builds, helping them in their playstyle and guiding them.

Show season is in full swing

Perhaps one unique element of the Dragoons is that we watch an awful lot of movies and shows together, let's not forget wrestling while we're at it. Every week members watch different shows, and with all our favourites such as Dexter and Supernatural returning, there has been a buzz sweeping through as we enjoy the beginning of our shows. Nearly every member gets involved with some show, for example, I'm watching wrestling with a group, Dexter with Dorek and Yog, Supernatural with members, Boardwalk Empire, Buffy once again, and of course Californication.

We are not just based on games, we hang, and do all sorts together.

WoD Podcast

After a discussion last night several members are into the idea of running a WoD podcast for fellow members. There isn't alot of information out there yet, but we could certainly find something to discuss, and then as content is released we can use it as a discussion place. We will probably do some recording sessions every week, and then upload it to our forums for all to listen (or those that missed the recording at least).

Our aim is to maintain a news center in audio form, and to have some interesting discussions on the game while we do so. Our forums are very active, and would probably cover more than most, but it can't hurt to do something else, and different Posted Image

----

Final Word

Next week is probably going to be a quieter week, but if truth be told, I say that every week and I am pleasantly surprised by what happens. We have alot of our major events on my late days this week, and there are some playing EvE lately. Let's not forget our first recording session, and recruitment sessions... hmm, maybe not so quiet!

TH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users