Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TDB]
  • Server:Seafarer’s Rest

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

Weekly Update

Halloween approaches...

I hate holidays in general in life. I can't stand christmas, I hate easter, and I especially, mortally hate valentines, I have never failed to dissapoint on this day -_- But alas, I do like Halloween, in fact I really like Halloween, I don't know, maybe it was the awesome sweets as a kid, and the great parties growing up, maybe it's because I love the monsters, I don't know but I always celebrate it in my life.

That's way I am definately game for the Halloween events in GW2. There are some interesting rumblings for events this week and we shall be getting into the thick of the events and having a good time. When we have more information we shall organize guild wide events, and get all the Dragoons together in the only way we do, and explore the content as richly as possible.

WARZ

A bit of an honourable mention, but several of our members have been exploring this new game on this side. I am not one of them, but it seems those playing it are having a good time, although the constant flashlight conversation is confusing, especially as we have Yog constantly saying "fleshlight!", and then giggling like a school girl...

If you fancy a change of pace for a little while, it's pretty cheap at the moment, and the offer ends on Saturday, so basically you have tonight to buy it. It's b2p, so once you have it there are no subs. If you like that sort of game, then speak to Dorek, and he will fill you in on the details.

World of Darkness Discussion

Last Sunday we had a really illuminating talk about WoD for our podcast. It was a pretty decent talk, and alot of members chipped in on their thoughts and feelings based on what we have. We are definately viewing WoD as the future of this guild, and running these evenings to discuss the varying news of the game, and share our thoughts on any new content announcements.

If you're interested in WoD, we are heavily invested into the game. Although we are playing other games, particularly GW2, but do not be phased, what a better way to get to know how we work than actually being a member with us in another game. Of course, not playing GW2, doesn't mean that you don't have to be a member here.

In Final

Busy week irl for me this week, more work than usual, but the main theme this week will be the Halloween stuff, and of course... my new char hehe.

TH

#32 TheHidden01

TheHidden01

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

Weekly Update

After what has been a very busy week for events and developments it feels like a million years since last Friday, yet here we are, ready for another Weekly Update.

Halloween Events were awesome.

Before anything else, on behalf of our fellow brothers, thanks to the team involved in running the events for Halloween. We had an events team formed by Captain Kreed who dealt with creating events to not only explore the Halloween content but also create new events for us. Yog, and Lulu were involved with Kreed and based on the laughter, and fun by all, I would say they did a great job! We had dueling, content exploring, halloween movies, all sorts, all to celebrate Halloween.

This is just one of the reasons why we shine out, we do what we can and we do it in style.

And the new Dragoon Champion... is me.

Not to brag because based on some talented members this may only be a short while but after the tournament I'm the new champion. Regardless of the result we had a great tournament with several surprises such as Lulu educating Dorek in the first round (lol), and of course the final where it went 2-2 after Kreed led 2-0 against me, only for me to snatch the final round. It could have honestly gone either way and the first opponent for the new title defence will be Kreed to have a chance to prove he has what it takes!

New trial structure

We had probably our biggest change to our trial system ever this week, and although we constantly tweaking and testing, it's been a fascinating job so far. I'm really happy by what I have seen, and already we have had a chance to test it on some new recruits. Getting involved and seeing how our new recruits work in a live setting is truly the best way to see if someone is for us.

If you join, our application structure isn't so formal, we just talk, we play with you, and see how it works, we see how you are based on actually being with you, and that's the kind of people we are. We are people who just want to play, and have a good time while focusing on fostering the friendships within the guild.

If that sounds like you, then we are perfect for you.

Final Word

Each member has gotten involved with something this week which has been brilliant, it really goes to show how strong of a guild we are, and what a close knit community we have when night after night, event after event, we manage to get every member involved, laughing, and having a good time.

Until next week!

TH

#33 TheHidden01

TheHidden01

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

Weekly Update

Every week we do a weekly update both as a short news source for both the members, and a look into the life of the Dragoons for anyone who maybe interested in joining.

What a monumental week! With everything that's happened I must say I have really enjoyed this week as a Dragoon, and there really is alot to happen goin forward, so without further ado, let's get started.

Tournament Night increases

Due to popular demand we have been running tournaments nearly everyday as we hope to grow and have a good time with our favourite content in GW2. We have had some good success, and of course we are testing all sorts of builds and class compositions. Tonight we have some really interesting games to try out due to us using some different classes, so make sure you're around for that!

Fridays will continue to be our main evening, and during Fridays we shall be running the paid tournaments. If you want to get involved in the paid tournaments collect the tickets with our teams throughout the week.

Lot's happening tomorrow!

With everything that's happened, we have ALOT going down on Saturday. For the benefit of our members, the following is our schedule for tomorrow:-

7:00pm Gathering Night - Every 10 days we gather, and during this evening we shall be assigning missions, and getting feedback from our members.
8:00pm Elder's Meeting - This is a time for a Elders to meet and discuss the Guild.
9:00pm Fight Night - Our weekly dueling night.

Elder Scrolls pops onto our radar

Elder Scrolls have an MMO on the horizon and with us looking for new things to play, we are now following the game with the intent to play it. It looks like it's coming in 2013, so we wont have to wait too long, but from how it looks so far, it looks real strong. Of course we have our future aims on World of Darkness, but that doesn't mean we can't play something in the meantime.

Especially, as truth be told, we want something different from GW2, as to us, GW2 is the best on offer currently, but still not really what we are looking for.

Final Word

So that's a quick round-up of the current thoughts within our Guild. What is great about this place is that we do alot of events, and not just PvP events and "meetings". but movie nights, fun activities such as minigames, and of course drunk evenings doing whatever mischief we can!

If you want to join, or learn more about us, feel free to visit us here!

TH

#34 TheHidden01

TheHidden01

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

We have a great community, and a strong group of members, if you want a tight knit close community, we will be perfect for you.

TH

#35 TheHidden01

TheHidden01

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

Lately we have kept things down on the recruitment front, but we are happy to say we are opening our doors once more for Guild Wars 2.

If interested, please feel free to read up on our main website, and learn more about us!

TH

#36 TheHidden01

TheHidden01

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

Weekly Update

The Olympics are under way, Dorek is sleeping upto 24 hours (lol), and Lulu is under a tyrant's reign. It's been an odd one for The Dragoons this week, but an electrifying one nonetheless.

The Olympics opened brilliantly

Every year the Olympics deliver, but this year was perhaps one of the best openings we have had for the Olympics. A big entrance of members and APB would be home for the first round. Some surprises happened as veterans slumped, and Drake, who has only played APB for one night, became the unlikely winner in a very close contest.

It was a brilliant start and we have events spread out across multiple games, from APB, to Poker. We always run events, always create things that not only make us unique, but an exciting place to be a part off. This is what sets us apart from the rest of the crowd.

Winning and winning

We are just back for some tournament play in GW2, and it took a matter of hours for us to start winning multiple tournaments from free to play. It's been a great start, and we are constantly testing our new tactics and team compositions. We are definately looking forward to playing in the match-making system come the next patch, and we are more than confident that we can get off to a good start.

We have just returned to GW2, and our large ingame activity is PvP right now. This has, and will always be the case, but we do enjoy all forms of content, be it instances or running around naked. Above all things we just relax, have a good time, and own noobs. If this is your thing, then we will be perfect for you.

In regards to applications

In a final notice, we need to clarify something. This guild may have a great time, and may have very little drama, but this is because we take a great deal of time in finding the right people for us. Lately we have been finding that alot apply without even bothering to read a key part of information on our application template that states:-

"On each question please provide a good answer, one sentence replies, or short responses, will be rejected."

The reason we ask this is because we genuingly want to get to know you! It's not a test, it's just learning about you, so we can build a connection, an interest you. It's our way to see that you are just like us, and when people don't bother following that you not only look boring, but frankly it insults us.

Effort is important, if you can't even be bothered to read our application guidelines, then why should we bother with accepting you? Quite simply put, we are a community that individually we put as much effort as we can to make this guild a better place. If you just put a minimal amount of effort, without even following what we ask, do you honestly think that we would be interested in you?

Hopefully that should clear up the reason a vast majority of applications are rejected.

Final Word

With that being said, we are having a great time within our community right now, we are in a sense of re-vitalization, we are heavily building for The Elder Scrolls, with World of Darkness in our long distant future. Whatever your game, whoever you are, we are a strong community that values YOU, this is the right place if your tired of just being "the tank".

TH

#37 TheHidden01

TheHidden01

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:55 PM

We have returned and looking to build even stronger! Feel free to drop an application and forge a new legacy!

TH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users