• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Screenshots in Beta Weekends?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 cl0aked

cl0aked

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:49 PM

Will we be able to take screenshots in the beta weekends (not sharing them though)? I really like taking SS for memory's sake ;b

#2 Arduin

Arduin

Q&A King

• Site Contributors
  • 4284 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

This is pretty much a given. If Anet would disable the ingame screenshot button for whatever reason, you could always push the Print Scrn button on your keyboard and paste it into paint. :)

EDIT: okay, I found this tweet in the other NDA thread in Q&A:

Correct. Nothing can be recorded. No pics. You can't even tell anyone that you are in (if you get in). No bragging rights. RB
https://twitter.com/...400012695842816

So apparently, you are not allowed to make pics :S

I have no idea how they are going to enforce that though, but that's at least what Regina has to say on it.

Edited by Arduin, 01 March 2012 - 06:06 PM.

Feeling your post got wrongfully deleted? Thread locked? Want to chat? Send me a PM. I won't bite :eek:

Be wary of expressing your opinion as fact; facts can be proven wrong.

#3 aurora2

aurora2

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2215 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

I'm sure it's fine, until you publish them... that's against the NDA.

#4 Cheesymunky

Cheesymunky

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

I just asked a similar question just about an hour ago. You cannot record any footage or pics, there was an exception for the media. It's in the questions I posted here:

http://www.guildwars...ons-t29971.html

#5 Next_Top_Runner

Next_Top_Runner

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:03 PM

I am sure you can take screenshots and record video for personal use.  There is no way they can monitor that...

...but if you share that media before the NDA expires...you are in trouble.

#6 Cheesymunky

Cheesymunky

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

Nope you cannot, the link someone found me is from a twitter account, I think he said Regina who works at Anet and it say's you cannot. See my link otherwise here's what was said:

"GuildWars2: @Lokik_S Correct. Nothing can be recorded. No pics. You can't even tell anyone that you are in (if you get in). No bragging rights. ~RB

Guild Wars 2 ‏ @GuildWars2
Reply RetweetedRetweet Delete FavoritedFavorite · Close Open Details
@YamaTheResilien The press were given an exception for video capture. Those participating in a closed beta event are under STRICT NDA. ~RB"

#7 Ben

Ben

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1067 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:14 PM

You may be able to publish them after the game releases... check the NDA first.

#8 Cheesymunky

Cheesymunky

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

That's what I was trying to find out to be sure in my post but from what is says from the horses mouth:

"Correct. Nothing can be recorded. No pics. You can't even tell anyone that you are in"

So that says you can't record or take pictures while your under the NDA. Plus there's no solid info about exactly what you can or rather can't do until someone receives an actual invite with an NDA agreement (which can't be disclosed either lol). It doesn't say any footage you take during it can be shown after it is lifted, you can't record it or take pics during it.

That comment is as close to a solid answer we can get other than receiving a beta invite with an NDA agreement.