- Massive crit chance with high Precision as well as boosted Prowess for a higher multiplier. Condition damage and duration are also raised, making my bleeds even more powerful.
- 33% chance for bleeding or vulnerability (or both!) on crit
- Burst skills have a higher crit chance
- Leg Specialist allows Throw Axe to immobilize enemies, keeping them away. This will work well after a Kick to prevent them closing the distance again.
- Impale has an increased crit chance, its ridiculous bleed lasts an extra 50% (which is boosted by the Malice stat on the Arms line) and I do more damage to the bleeding guy with my other skills
- A flat +5% boost with Axe damage
- Higher adrenaline leads to greater crit chance and scoring crits with the axe gives me adrenaline, meaning I should have a great feedback loop going
- Swapping weapons gives me a chunk of adrenaline, just in case I need even more
The gameplan is to drop a Banner of Discipline for a crit boost then open up with Longbow at long range, softening up the opposition and inflicting lots of nice Burning (hopefully forcing them to pop condition removers early). As they close in I switch to Axe/Sword and inflict some great mid-range damage with the immobilising Throw Axe and Impale. If they get into close range I can pop Riposte to block and score even more
bleeding (and if they don't hit me I gain adrenaline!), Kick them back into mid-range then immobilise them with Throw Axe or Pin Down. At this point I can hit Eviscerate with my hopefully maxed-out bar to score massive damage on the hapless foe.
Counters to this? I guess people who don't close the distance, since I'm so focused on the mid-range abilities. I can still lay down the hurt with Longbow but most of my traits are going to waste in this situation. I was thinking of maybe switching Leg Specialist for Burning Arrows but I'm not sure if it's worth giving up the immobilise.
Foes with lots of condition removers will be tricky too, Guardians and Necromancers in particular. Trying to keep my bleeds stacked up against someone who's either constantly removing them or throwing them straight back in my face will be a pain in the buttocks.