#62 Aero

Aero

Your Mum

• Moderators
  • 408 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Bone]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

The game is now even more awesome as Brian Blessed has made a VO pack for them :)

http://www.pcgamer.c...-brian-blessed/

Anita Sarkeesian at TEDxWomen 2012

Moderation related questions, or any query just contact me here

(I won’t do your maths homework!)

#63 Aero

Aero

Your Mum

• Moderators
  • 408 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

War of the Roses: Kingmaker represents an ideal opportunity for players to jump into the ongoing chaos of medieval England, suitable for swordplay on any screen thanks to the recent additions of full controller support, and support for Steam's “Big Picture” mode. It also marks the debut of the new Assault game mode in War of the Roses, transforming the all-out brawl into a struggle to breach a stronghold – or defend it from invaders. Perch your archers on the battlements, get into formation, and remember, above all else... have fun storming the castle.

Paradox Interactive will be hosting a live stream today that will pit Executive Producer Gordon Van Dyke against the masses in a demonstration of the new Assault mode. Watch as Van Dyke tries his hardest to not curse on camera when the broadcast begins today at 7 p.m. GMT (12 p.m. PDT) on the official TwitchTV channel for Paradox Interactive at www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive.

War of the Roses: Kingmaker is available today for $19.99 on digital distributors everywhere.

To find out more about War of the Roses, visitwaroftherosesthegame.com.

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/press/2013/3/war-of-the-roses-kingmaker-welcomes-new-challengers-to-the-throne

#64 FreshTheFallen

FreshTheFallen

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

Just as a sidenote:

Executive Producer Gordon Van Dyke posted some hints about the future of War of the Roses, including upcoming patches and fixes.

We're having a very serious discussion about this [Parry delay] and other issues with upper management and it's going very well, and in the direction I think you'd all want. I can't go into specifics, but we (Fatshark and the Paradox WotR Team) are looking to create an official Live Ops team to only deal with fixing issues and resolving unexpected blowback results from changes made. Top on our list is fixing the Parry System so that it works as intended. I hope this helps and sorry for not responding faster, but sometimes these discussions take time.
Source: http://forum.paradox...ce-or-remove-it

For those who don`t know what parry delay is: It was introduced a few months ago as something which should reduce the side effects of high ping in combat. Before it, a parry was ready instantly, now it takes some time before it is up (0,x seconds). This should prevent hits through parries, which often are caused by a high ping, however, it made parrying even harder for those players with a decent connection, especially directional parrying wasn`t viable anymore against feinting, making shields a must-have.

[...]
Here's what is planned for April/May.

Yep, moved Swiss Mercenary to May and decided to release Guns of Burgundy in April. That will have a new armor, Handgonnes, some other weapons, and a new map called "Ravenspurn" based on the real location on the eastern shore of England.

Source: http://forum.paradox...Next-DLC-update

#65 FreshTheFallen

FreshTheFallen

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

Again some news about the game`s future developement, this time from Paradox employee and forum moderator TotalyMoo.

Greetings dear community!

I just came out of a meeting with Gordon and the rest of our team and I have some news, both good and bad, that I wish to share with you all today. We have heard your calls for better communication from us about what we do and think - and I am here to provide you with just that.

First the good news:

From now on we will do our best post patch/update details before the actual update so we can get your feedback and thoughts on the things we are working on. This will be handled by me and I will do my best to inform you all as soon as we ourselves know what the update will contain.

This month our top priorities have been the following, and will continue to be prioritized going forward.

- Parry delay
- Update sizes (we don't want you re-downloading the entire game over and over)
- Gameplay balance
- Client stability
- Server stability

We have a large update planned for the end of this month that will be entirely focused on fixing issues. A lot of them are problems that you, the community, have expressed displeasure with and we in the War of the Roses team agrees need attention. The priority of this update is parry delay.

The upcoming update will be a full sized update again, but we are working hard to fix the sizes of our updates which will be implemented either this update or after. We won't need to suffer from these large patches much longer.

Now for the bad news:

Due to our focus on fixing issues we have decided to postpone Guns of Burgundy until end of May.

We could really use your help testing Guns of Burgundy as we need your feedback in order to make this content update as good as possible. We will facilitate this in the same way we did the previous balance beta - as a separate beta branch on the main game (no ETA yet) where you can test out the handgonnes and new map (Ravenspurn) and also gain coins and exp to fuel your process on the live branch.

I will keep this thread updated and post more details on the upcoming patch as soon as I have them.

Regards,
The War of the Roses Team
Source: http://forum.paradox...=1#post15305011

Later on LiVam, a Fatshark employee, added some information.

Hey everyone, I'd like to go over our priorities with you to truly explain what is going on "behind the scenes" currently.

Parry Delay
The parry delay system has been getting a lot of heat recently, and there are some blatant issues with it that are essential for us to adress. We believe we've found a great solution to this problem, and are testing it internally right now with good results. This should solve the issue with the system and actually put it where it needs to be. In other words, we'll actually have a system that counters high ping users hitting through parries, but doesn't let certain weapons hit through parries.
If our changes don't solve it, and we need to look at a new solution in the long-term, we will revert the parry delay feature temporarily so that the current issues are no longer causing the frustration that they are.

Update Sizes
Our patching process has been troublesome for some time, and we've upped the priority of truly solving the issues there. The bad news is that we're likely to see a large patch or two before it is truly solved. But for the long term, this should mean largely reduced patch sizes, which means we'll quicker be able to adress issues.

Gameplay Balance
Balance is always a bit tricky to perfect, and making too many changes at once is never a great idea. So for this patch we decided to focus on a few key areas:
- Squad Buffs
- Hitboxes
- Encumberance
- Assault (Game Mode)

Client and Server Stability
Stability is always important for us, and we've decided to allocate more resources to fixing bugs and working on overall stability. Hopefully this will let us polish the game further and get it to where we want things.

Hopefully this clears some things up about exactly what we're up to right now for this patch. More info to follow once we finalize the changes and post patch notes :)

Thanks.

Edit:

We'll announce this publicly once the beta goes live. It is unlikely that you will have to sign up for it.

Source: http://forum.paradox...=1#post15305108

#66 Aero

Aero

Your Mum

• Moderators
  • 408 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:46 AM

The devs at FS are really good at listening to feedback and keeping the players informed.  The new update today is another step in the right direction fixing the remaining issues with the game.

Spoiler

Edited by Aero, 24 April 2013 - 06:48 AM.

#67 Aero

Aero

Your Mum

• Moderators
  • 408 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

should be hilarious, two uni teams playing in competition

http://www.paradoxpl...oses-tournament

Paradox Teams Up with University of York and Lancaster University for Roses Tournament 2013

Annual Tradition Adds Paradox’s War of the Roses to the List of Competitions
NEW YORK — May 3, 2013 — Paradox Interactive, the publisher behind the medieval combat game, War of the Roses, will be in attendance at this year’s Roses Tournament at the University of York. The Roses Tournament, an annual competition between the University of York and Lancaster University, is inspired by the historical Wars of the Roses, and this year is adding the medieval combat game War of the Roses as an unofficial event.
Taking place tomorrow, May 4, Paradox will be on hand with York’s FragSoc gaming society, hosting a 24-on-24 series of battles, with students from York and Lancaster fighting for their respective houses in-game. The entire event will be streamed live on Paradox’s TwitchTV channel, beginning at 8 p.m. BST (9 p.m. CEST, 12 p.m. PDT) at

www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

The Roses Tournament is in its 49th year, started in 1965 with a simple boat race, and has evolved into a highly anticipated and prestigious event involving dozens of different sports including cricket, tennis, equestrian events, sailing, and many more. War of the Roses marks the event’s first unofficial e-sport, and will challenge students to re-fight the original war that plunged their houses into conflict centuries ago. The battle will be presented with live commentary from John Rickne, Community Producer at Paradox, and Matt Hoving, Streaming Producer at Paradox. Both will be on location in York to witness the simulated violence, and assess the bravery and teamwork of each side.
War of the Roses, Paradox’s historic squad-based combat title developed by Fatshark, is always on the lookout for further inspiration as it grows and evolves with new content. The game continues to add new authentic medieval weaponry, armor, and gear, including authentic edged weapons from the time period, quarterstaffs, and the booming voice of actor Brian Blessed. The game’s new “Kingmaker” edition was recently released as well, marking the addition of a new objective-based Assault Mode and a selection of new historically inspired maps.
To find out more about War of the Roses, visit waroftherosesthegame.com.

The videos are here:
http://www.twitch.tv...ive/b/399491977
http://www.twitch.tv...ive/b/399518359

Edited by Aero, 05 May 2013 - 12:20 PM.

#68 Aero

Aero

Your Mum

• Moderators
  • 408 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:57 AM

The latest patch has beenh a great success with everyone agreeing that balance is going in the right direction and the game is even more fun now.

#69 Arngrim Einheri

Arngrim Einheri

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2875 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:17 PM

View PostAero, on 01 June 2013 - 08:57 AM, said:

The latest patch has beenh a great success with everyone agreeing that balance is going in the right direction and the game is even more fun now.
Aye, finally 2H swords aren't laser sabers. Generally speaking my experience with the new patch is that the gameplay feels more solid. Hitbox adjustments seem to have been done correctly in most cases.

#70 Aero

Aero

Your Mum

• Moderators
  • 408 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

War of the Roses is now officially ”Free to play”

http://forum.paradox...04#post15824604

This is merely a change in the placement of the game in Steams game store. There are no changes made to the game or how it’s sold other than that the free version (previously known as War of the Roses Demo) is now just War of the Roses. If you purchased War of the Roses: Kingmaker, everything will continue as before. Nothing has changed in the packaging or what you get with the various versions.

So here is how it looks now:
War of the Roses (F2P) contains 4 base locked profiles and the Conquest + Team Death Match game modes.
War of the Roses: Kingmaker contains all game modes (Conquest, TDM, Pitched Battle, and Assault) and the ability to customize additional character profiles.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: beta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users