• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mos Def

Mos Def

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:48 AM

I checked the suggested threads but couldn't find any clear answer. Basically, all the GW2 videos I've watched have their cameras quite zoomed in the character. I was wondering if we'll be able to have this nice max zoom/scroll out that GW1 has ? Or at least something similar, to get the "big picture". I hope we do..

Thanks in advance :)

#2 cold2

cold2

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[DnT]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:04 AM

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't zoom out that far. The camera seems to zoom itself out further than normal when you're fighting a boss.

#3 pharazon

pharazon

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:16 AM

You can zoom in and zoom out.
You can't however zoom directly to first person view but I remember reading that under the camera options there was a "First person mode" that you'd have to check and the camera would switch to first person.

#4 KQ

KQ

The Quaestor

• Site Contributors
  • 3297 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:59 AM

The camera is by default zoomed in closer to the character so it would give you a more action-y feel. And of course there's the zoom wheel:

Posted Image

Middle button

(spin) Adjust camera zoom level

@pharazon:

Even though the FP mode was in the options menu, it wasn't available in the demo. It was just one of the many camera options they were testing, and they're not sure will they be having this option.

#5 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3314 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:16 PM

Yes ofcourse you will be able to change the zoom view :)

#6 Mos Def

Mos Def

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:50 PM

I know I'll be able to change the zoom level guys.. I was just wondering if it'll be as much as in GW1 ( the zoom out ). Does anyone know a specific video that shows the max zoom out by any chance ?

I saw the "best answer", but this picture doesn't answer my question. Just shows which buttons are assigned for those settings.

#7 prince vingador

prince vingador

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

so they wil not increase the zoom distance like in gw,i think the camera is too close ,i can have a good view of the area around me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users