• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Arathor

Arathor

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:38 PM

Sequal to Darksiders, coming out June 2012.

http://www.darksiders.com/

#2 Robsy128

Robsy128

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2916 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:38 PM

I never played the first one and heard it only lasted for about 4-5 hours so... meh. I won't hold my breath ;)

#3 Wothan

Wothan

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2607 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

Robsy128 said:

I never played the first one and heard it only lasted for about 4-5 hours so... meh. I won't hold my breath ;)

4-5 hours?
I had to play 17 hours to finish it and its a very good action game, dont trust on everything that people says

#4 Di-Dorval

Di-Dorval

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:58 PM

Darksiders 1 was an awesome game. Its use of Catholic lore makes for an interesting world/story and its zelda style with faster combat. =D

The dungeons ARE simpler than zelda ones but still loads of fun.

#5 Umbra Sicarius

Umbra Sicarius

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

It take even longer if you are going for 100% completion I am currently at 22 hours and have yet to finish. Also I already pre-ordered this on Amazon looks like it will be good.

#6 Mr.Charr

Mr.Charr

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

Darksiders was a great game. It felt like Zelda, and keyboard+mouse was fine for controls.

I collected all collectibles, and got 30 hours out of the game.

I plan on getting the sequel, and possibly saving it for halloween.

#7 KodakMoment

KodakMoment

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:18 AM

Robsy128 said:

You need better sources. Game was entertaining for me I rushed through it took me around 14hrs

#8 Veji

Veji

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:08 AM

First one was awesome, but it was kind of like KoA for me - It started out awesome and i just lost interest halfway thru it.  It just didn't have enough there to keep me entertained and i think alot of that was due to being jaded from MMORPGs.

#9 Cid

Cid

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:55 AM

Veji said:

First one was awesome, but it was kind of like KoA for me - It started out awesome and i just lost interest halfway thru it.  It just didn't have enough there to keep me entertained and i think alot of that was due to being jaded from MMORPGs.

It's one of the only games that kept getting better every moment I played. There was always something next that was even more awesome than before.

One of my favorites of all time.

#10 aurora2

aurora2

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2215 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:23 AM

I watched some gameplay of Darksiders a while ago, but then decided against it for some reason... it seems horribly console-ish... But i might give it a try after all... what can i lose..

#11 Cid

Cid

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:32 AM

aurora2 said:

I watched some gameplay of Darksiders a while ago, but then decided against it for some reason... it seems horribly console-ish... But i might give it a try after all... what can i lose..

It is console-ish, menus are certainly built for a controller. But the game doesn't suffer from this. I played through the whole game with a mouse and keyboard and thought the controls were great. After that I tried to play it with a controller. It feels nice because it's a controller but I prefer the camera controls with a mouse by far. I need the speed and ease moving the camera with a mouse for this game. Easy way to put it, controller feels sluggish. Not really the games fault, controllers just have their limitations.

The game also lacks many graphical options. Though it ran fine on my last pc(2.3ghz-8600gt-3gRAM), some fps here and there. But it's a stunning game.

I would highly recommend it if you even remotely like action or adventure games. It has a great story and some awesome characters too.

#12 Aleenik

Aleenik

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:13 AM

I'm currently in the process of beating the first one only because I got it as part of a Steam bundle. I have it, so I figure I should beat it. I'm not a fan of the setting or story at all. However, the combat is fun. I'll probably never play Darksiders 2.

#13 Di-Dorval

Di-Dorval

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:20 AM

Playing Darksiders 2 atm. Awesome game! It's huge and the new loot system/skill trees are just an amazing addition !
The dungeons are better designed too though they lack the diversity of the first game.

Reviews said that the main story alone was 26 hours long. I would say that the game is worth it for any action RPG fan !

Edited by Di-Dorval, 23 August 2012 - 02:16 AM.

#14 PhoenixFlare

PhoenixFlare

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DVDF]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

View PostDi-Dorval, on 16 August 2012 - 03:20 AM, said:

Playing Darksiders 2 atm. Awesome game! It's huge and the new loot system/skill trees are just an amazing addition !
The dungeons are better designed too.

Reviews said that the main story alone was 26 hours long. I would say that the game is worth it for any action RPG fan !

I have the game and am hoping that they fix multiple issues with the PC version. :qq:

#15 Di-Dorval

Di-Dorval

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:06 AM

View PostPhoenixFlare, on 16 August 2012 - 05:34 PM, said:

I have the game and am hoping that they fix multiple issues with the PC version. :qq:

Umm I'm playing on the PC too and there isn't much issues... You should try using a controller if you aren't already doing that.. Other than low res textures and some rare textures poping I've encountered no issues..

I'm still impressed at the scope of the whole thing. Every environments are so huge. GOTY for me atm.

Edited by Di-Dorval, 17 August 2012 - 09:28 PM.

#16 p51douglas

p51douglas

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:14 AM

How realistic is the violence/gore/etc?? Are there options to shut this off? Are there dialog subtitles?

#17 Xephyr

Xephyr

Fashion Addict

• Members
  • 426 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[Syn]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:17 AM

Yep, this is what'll keep me busy until the launch of GW2, it's really fun :P

#18 PhoenixFlare

PhoenixFlare

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DVDF]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:32 AM

View PostDi-Dorval, on 17 August 2012 - 01:06 AM, said:

Umm I'm playing on the PC too and there isn't much issues... You should try using a controller if you aren't already doing that.. Other than low res textures and some rare textures poping I've encountered no issues..

I'm still impressed at the scope of the whole thing. Everything environments so huge and epic. GOTY for me atm.

Well, I don't have a controller and I don't plan to get one since the previous Darksiders works extremely well with keyboard and mouse (which I hope to be as good for the sequel). The issues aren't game-breaking for me, just minor annoyances like being unable to scroll down on the skill description, having empty blocks (which I believe correspond to controller buttons) around Buy/Sell with vendors, and shortcut buttons for skills not working during combat (for example, it showed that Teleport Slash can be activated with Space in the smaller radial to the right of the screen, but pressing Space just makes Death jumps).

#19 Di-Dorval

Di-Dorval

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:27 PM

View PostPhoenixFlare, on 17 August 2012 - 04:32 AM, said:

Well, I don't have a controller and I don't plan to get one since the previous Darksiders works extremely well with keyboard and mouse (which I hope to be as good for the sequel). The issues aren't game-breaking for me, just minor annoyances like being unable to scroll down on the skill description, having empty blocks (which I believe correspond to controller buttons) around Buy/Sell with vendors, and shortcut buttons for skills not working during combat (for example, it showed that Teleport Slash can be activated with Space in the smaller radial to the right of the screen, but pressing Space just makes Death jumps).

Yea smaller radical only works on controllers... You need to map the skills yourself in the menu if you play with keybord.

How realistic is the violence/gore/etc?? Are there options to shut this off? Are there dialog subtitles?

Well the graphics are a bit cartoony but there is a good amount of gore and pretty sure no way to shut it off. And yes subtitles are there.

#20 malevolence

malevolence

Vanguard Scout

• Community Contributors
  • 422 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LMBO]
  • Server:Underworld

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

Hello, big surprise for me when the Post came to my place today :)

Unboxing: Darksiders II EU Collectors Edition for PC.
Visit my blog: http://inmy0pini0n.blogspot.nl/

Also the box contains:

-Game Installation CD-Rom: Darksiders II Premium Edition.
-Instruction Booklet with Game activation code.
-Free Access to Argul's Tomb DLC code.
-The Digital Soundtrack download code.

Unboxing by Malevolence.
Background Music and Intro Music by Sonic Anomaly.

And of course, some gameplay video, SPOILER ALERT:

Edited by malevolence, 18 August 2012 - 03:53 PM.

#21 Doki20

Doki20

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2091 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:05 PM

Regarding the videos.. he didn't even try the mask on himself, come on..

Pretty good game, the bad things from the first one were ironed out pretty nicely. Also the jumping-around-like hell combat is pretty good, unless you get swarmed by thoughie enemies. The puzzles still become mindnumbing though after some time..

Edited by Kamatsu, 19 August 2012 - 08:08 AM.
Removing reference to this thread :)

#22 malevolence

malevolence

Vanguard Scout

• Community Contributors
  • 422 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LMBO]
  • Server:Underworld

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:53 PM

View PostDoki20, on 18 August 2012 - 07:05 PM, said:

Regarding the videos.. he didn't even try the mask on himself, come on..

Pretty good game, the bad things from the first one were ironed out pretty nicely. Also the jumping-around-like hell combat is pretty good, unless you get swarmed by thoughie enemies. The puzzles still become mindnumbing though after some time..

Haha, no I didn't try the mask on myself :P , it was so early, I was all sleepy, after the recording the video I went to bed lol.

Edited by Kamatsu, 19 August 2012 - 08:09 AM.
fixing quote

#23 KodakMoment

KodakMoment

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1151 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:47 PM

Just beat the game a few hours ago was a blast. Enjoyed the Samael fight the most actually liked him as a character.

#24 Doki20

Doki20

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2091 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:34 PM

View PostKodakMoment, on 18 August 2012 - 11:47 PM, said:

Just beat the game a few hours ago was a blast. Enjoyed the Samael fight the most actually liked him as a character.

I finished it myself as well.. the end battle was kinda pathetic to be honest, too straigthforward without any special twists unlike how the other "act-end-bosses" were done.. All in all, have to agree that the Samael fight was awesome, was waiting for him to appear ever since I have seen him in the trailer.

Other thing what annoyed me that since I made myself a nice possessed scythe in the middle of like.. chapter 2, I couldn't find any better weapon even on merchants for the rest of the game... (with my whole gear combined which was pretty much strength based, had about 525 damage on it)

All in all, was a blast, but personally I hoped that it would last a bit longer, and it would have been a bit better if at the end we would have seen the fruition of our whole doing instead of telling what it did. (as fans would have known it already)

Edited by Doki20, 19 August 2012 - 01:36 PM.

#25 KodakMoment

KodakMoment

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1151 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:47 PM

View PostDoki20, on 19 August 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

I finished it myself as well.. the end battle was kinda pathetic to be honest, too straigthforward without any special twists unlike how the other "act-end-bosses" were done.. All in all, have to agree that the Samael fight was awesome, was waiting for him to appear ever since I have seen him in the trailer.

Other thing what annoyed me that since I made myself a nice possessed scythe in the middle of like.. chapter 2, I couldn't find any better weapon even on merchants for the rest of the game... (with my whole gear combined which was pretty much strength based, had about 525 damage on it)

All in all, was a blast, but personally I hoped that it would last a bit longer, and it would have been a bit better if at the end we would have seen the fruition of our whole doing instead of telling what it did. (as fans would have known it already)

I agree the ending was anticlimatic. I found plenty of weapons better especially from bosses/chests like the deposed kings weapon. I was playing on apocalyptic not sure if that influenced weapon drops also did the maze and crucible. I found possessed scythes the best i went for health on crit/crit chance/crit dmg

Edited by KodakMoment, 19 August 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#26 iVoyager

iVoyager

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:50 PM

they better don't suck at this one cuz the first game was so pathetic, so funny.

#27 KodakMoment

KodakMoment

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1151 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:55 PM

View PostiVoyager, on 19 August 2012 - 01:50 PM, said:

they better don't suck at this one cuz the first game was so pathetic, so funny.

You won't like it then cause it's the same concept. You might want to watch videos of a game or try a demo before buying a game seeing as you didn't like the first. Also seems like you're trolling

Edited by KodakMoment, 19 August 2012 - 01:55 PM.

#28 Matsy

Matsy

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3105 posts
  • Guild Tag:[zzZ]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:59 PM

I loved the first one, but I'm going to wait till they "fix" this before I buy it.

Edited by Matsy, 19 August 2012 - 01:59 PM.

#29 Doki20

Doki20

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2091 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:08 PM

View PostKodakMoment, on 19 August 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

I agree the ending was anticlimatic. I found plenty of weapons better especially from bosses/chests like the deposed kings weapon. I was playing on apocalyptic not sure if that influenced weapon drops also did the maze and crucible. I found possessed scythes the best i went for health on crit/crit chance/crit dmg

Ah.. can be, I played only on normal. In Darksiders 1 only their hp and dmg scaled up, so thought not to hassle myself if the mechanics and the like will be the same.

Regarding no "better weapon" I meant scythes only, for secondary weapon slot ofc found quite a few good ones. (like the various artifacts, such as the gorewood one, etc..) but ended up using a possessed in that slot as well as no regular drop would give me hundreds of hp next to boosts to 3-4 other attributes (both offensive and defensive) which clearly outclass any special ability.

Matsy:
What is needed to be "fixed"? I had only one bug at the Samael fight and that's all. (one bug in 20-22 hours is quite good imo)

Edited by Doki20, 19 August 2012 - 02:09 PM.

#30 iVoyager

iVoyager

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:19 PM

View PostKodakMoment, on 19 August 2012 - 01:55 PM, said:

You won't like it then cause it's the same concept. You might want to watch videos of a game or try a demo before buying a game seeing as you didn't like the first. Also seems like you're trolling

no I'm not, do I have to like the game?

anyways, I didn't buy the first game by the way, I downloaded it, gave it a try and I really disliked it. but the good thing is, the second game at least will have awesome soundtracks since jesper kyd (assassin's creed II) is making them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users