Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Oh man..


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 Failsafe

Failsafe

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

Before I say anything, I want to say that I never signed any NDA, I just watched another person play the whole weekend.... Anyway, The guardian is the f****** s***.. Just, holy crap, for all you people that are judgemental on Guardian dps being less than warrior dps, I can tell you that Guardian dps is legit.  In normal pvp gear the guardian was hitting about 2k every attack with the greatsword, and he was hitting about 1.1k with a 1h sword.. Also the 1h sword has some great defensive buffs for your team and that weapon + a shield can seriously help team fights.  The 4th and 5th ability for a shield is a protective aura and a giant bubble that pushes people back about 10m... It's actually kind of annoying because there were a lot of guardians playing.. But anyway, back to my point, the guardian is not gimped in any way, it's actually kind of OP in a sense, you just got to be pretty amazing at weapon swapping..

#2 Alaroxr

Alaroxr

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 3025 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:58 PM

Failsafe said:

Before I say anything, I want to say that I never signed any NDA, I just watched another person play the whole weekend.... Anyway, The guardian is the f****** s***.. Just, holy crap, for all you people that are judgemental on Guardian dps being less than warrior dps, I can tell you that Guardian dps is legit.  In normal pvp gear the guardian was hitting about 2k every attack with the greatsword, and he was hitting about 1.1k with a 1h sword.. Also the 1h sword has some great defensive buffs for your team and that weapon + a shield can seriously help team fights.  The 4th and 5th ability for a shield is a protective aura and a giant bubble that pushes people back about 10m... It's actually kind of annoying because there were a lot of guardians playing.. But anyway, back to my point, the guardian is not gimped in any way, it's actually kind of OP in a sense, you just got to be pretty amazing at weapon swapping..

There's no way the greatsword and 1h sword were hitting that hard (I'm going to be a guardian and have been following for a loooong time).

I just watched a video where his normal hits on a greatsword were 450-550 and a critical hit on the 1h sword was 1k.

#3 Arch Angel

Arch Angel

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1304 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:59 PM

Guardians can also easily hold off 3 people at bay ... REALLY EASILY. :x

I was alarmed. They held their own quite well 3(+) v 1

#4 pharazon

pharazon

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:00 PM

Found this post off another site:

Quote

I was originally interested in Guardian then lost interest after watching Yogscast footage and others. Having actually played it for myself I can tell you that the footage I saw was a bunch of sh!tlords and the class is incredibly fun to play.

There's nothing more satisfying than throwing chains(greatsword) on the entire enemy team in 5v5 arena, then yanking them on their asses in a circle around you and then whirlwinding them all.

Another notable moment was when I was testing out a hammer build and I found 2 elementalists and a mesmer trying to be sneaky and blasting some teammates on a capture point from the scaffolding of a 2 story building. It was in a spot that my teammates couldn't easily get to them, so I snuck around and started smashing them all in the loving face (auto attack is AOE which gives a satisfying screen shake and hits like a truck) while screaming at them/my monitor. Two of them freaked out and started to run, the one that stood his ground got punted off the loving building to the ground below and the other 2 bailed off voluntarily when I turned my fury onto them.

I cannot WAIT!

#5 Zingery

Zingery

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:06 AM

I watched my friend play in the beta aswell, and the guardian acctually seemed op in both pve and pvp. They do fairly good dmg and can easily hold off multiple opponents with their defensive skills and multiple walls.

#6 Soryuju

Soryuju

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:53 AM

Happy as this news makes me, I'm a little sad too, since I feel like it's a sign that we'll be getting hit with nerfs next round. :(

Maybe I'll think more optimistically, and hope they just buff other classes to keep up with us instead of making our abilities less awesome.  One can hope, right?

#7 NeonArlecchino

NeonArlecchino

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1516 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:24 AM

Numbers are changing but I think I speak for a lot of Guardian fans when I say,

WE ROCK! WOOHOO!

#8 Diswan

Diswan

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:25 AM

Soryuju said:

Happy as this news makes me, I'm a little sad too, since I feel like it's a sign that we'll be getting hit with nerfs next round. :(

Maybe I'll think more optimistically, and hope they just buff other classes to keep up with us instead of making our abilities less awesome.  One can hope, right?

i think guardian is becoming what its supposed to be, getting on pair with the most pollished profesions like the elementalist, warrior and necro. If you realize they all feel op. which is actually a good sign.

#9 pharazon

pharazon

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:34 AM

Soryuju said:

Happy as this news makes me, I'm a little sad too, since I feel like it's a sign that we'll be getting hit with nerfs next round. :(

Maybe I'll think more optimistically, and hope they just buff other classes to keep up with us instead of making our abilities less awesome.  One can hope, right?

Well numbers are still up in the air for all professions. I mean some professions didn't even have icons for their skills.

But honestly, a lot of it has to do with people who just don't know how to play.

For instance, in the perma-stealthed Thief PvP video, the Elementalist kept moving around like an idiot. If they stood still and AoE'd around them, they would have got the Thief.

So I doubt it's a case of Guardians being "CRAZY OP OMG NERFFFFFFFF!" and more people being terrible.

I hope anyway.

#10 thatguy

thatguy

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

Can we all not see the huge f-off messages above.

You can comment on press vids, or even ambiguous would be fine I guess since you could see this info in press vids, but you're encouraging NDA breaches by posting leaked info from someone who had signed an NDA.

I'm not quite sure why this post is still here and not been deleted by mods after reporting it if they had any respect for ArenaNet.

#11 DeathJester

DeathJester

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:24 PM

I believe it is because the OP was actually NOT in the beta event. Therefore he didn't sign the NDA and isn't breaching it.

#12 ZCKS

ZCKS

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1418 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:45 PM

Diswan said:

i think guardian is becoming what its supposed to be, getting on pair with the most pollished profesions like the elementalist, warrior and necro. If you realize they all feel op. which is actually a good sign.

As far as defensive abilities go I have to agree with you.

However with the recent removal of the minor traits "justice is blind", "Critical Brilliance" & "critical radiance" from the radiance trait line I feel they lost a decent amount of their ability to apply offensive pressure.

Hopefully they bring back these minor traits because without them the choices for a truly offensive trait build are limited while the defensive build options are nearly limitless.
Who knows if enough people tell them how they miss them/liked them they are likely to bring them back like they did with the symbol of wrath greatsword ability.

#13 Diswan

Diswan

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

ZCKS said:

As far as defensive abilities go I have to agree with you.

However with the recent removal of the minor traits "justice is blind", "Critical Brilliance" & "critical radiance" from the radiance trait line I feel they lost a decent amount of their ability to apply offensive pressure.

Hopefully they bring back these minor traits because without them the choices for a truly offensive trait build are limited while the defensive build options are nearly limitless.
Who knows if enough people tell them how they miss them/liked them they are likely to bring them back like they did with the symbol of wrath greatsword ability.

what i see weird is that all dmg trait or at least most of them are in different trees, 2 of them being on the last minor trait, making it impossible to get all this

Power of the Virtuous
Deal extra damage for each boon you have.

Eluusive Power
You do more damage at low endurance.

weapon 5% extra dmg

Fiery Wrath
You deal 10% more damage against burning foes.

#14 Archaes

Archaes

    "Rks"

  • Moderators
  • 2227 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:35 PM

Even though you were only watching your friend play in the beta, you're technically responsible for keeping the same information/features that he saw under wraps as well.

So no breaking the NDA. Thanks. :)
If you have a question about moderating issues or just want to talk, feel free to  PM me here. :)