Some impressions so far.....
1) cc kind of sucks. They should have different hair for each race. The faces seem kind of meh. Too similar. I like that they had sliders, just wish they pushed it a bit more. Not to mention the fact that male characters are hideous. >_< Why? Why the fugly guys?
2) graphics seem kind of dated compared to other mmos out right now. It's not terrible, but it's not impressive either.
3) very linear questing so far. No alternative starting zones so you start in the same areas over and over again if you roll alts. This will get old fast.
4) VERY, VERY instanced. It kind of reminds me of CoH the way it is. Yes, there are open world areas to run around in but, many of the quests send you into these instanced areas where only you (and your party if grouped) can go. Like I said, very CoH. It also feels like there are more loading screens than even GW2.
5) identify scrolls really suck. I have always hated this kind of mechanic in mmos and it's bad because you need astral diamonds to get the scrolls off vendors. Which means you have to buy them or use invocation for more diamonds (and you can only invoke once an hour). Some scrolls do drop from loot. I wish it was like Tera where you could buy it with in game money at least (not astral diamonds).
6) I recall them making a sort of jab at Tera saying their game will be real true-action combat. I can say this is not the case. It's very similar in style to Tera combat. Spell casting locks you down and you can't move and shoot spells at the same time. It's actually a little worse than Tera because at least Tera's left button mouse ability shoots off so fast it feels almost like you are moving at the same time. The thief could move a bit more than the casters, but doesn't feel as fluid as say a warrior or slayer from Tera. I did like the teleports on the wizard though, those were well done.
7) Feels like a game I wouldn't play much on my own. Think it's more fun partying with another. This is good and bad. Parties can be fun, but I do like solo stuff as well.
8) Like Tera you can't regen health even outside combat. You need to either be healed by someone, eat a potion or find a campfire. It's kind of annoying and can lead to down time.
9) camera kind of sucks. You can't zoom in or out. I wanted to take a nice in-game close up screen shot of my char, but for the life of me I can't get it to zoom. I looked over the options and didn't notice an option for this. If someone knows how, please tell me.
10) No option to log out to character screen
11) I hate the looting. They need AoE loot. (GW2 could use it too)
12) The instancing/sharding with parties is AWFUL. It almost never puts you in the same district as your other party members and you're constantly having to hop districts to try to group up with them. They need a smarter system that puts people in the same shard/district.
1) I like the skirmishes and the little foundry missions. It's a little bit of a different way to level at least, which is much needed given the very linear leveling.
2) While I said it reminds me of Tera combat that's not a bad thing. I actually do like Tera combat for the most part. Just wanted to point out that I don't feel it does action combat better than Tera so far.
3) Rogue and control wizard are fun so far.
More negatives than positives so far, but I suppose overall it's not a bad game. But it needs a lot of work. It's so heavily instanced you forget it's an mmo at times.
Edited by xarallei, 09 March 2013 - 07:34 AM.