Coren

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2395 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[DRK]

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:46 AM

View PostStargate, on 27 June 2013 - 04:21 PM, said:

Well I asked my friend who is a casual player/semi casual in that way that he does not play often however when he does every week 1-2 times/week he plays 5-7 hours. I play more often however 7 hours feels to much to me.

The only Blizzard game my friend has tried is Diablo 1. My friend is not a MMO player either actually Neverwinter is his first MMO.
Here are the reasons he like Neverwinter:
+ FREE
+ Graphics look nice to him. He like FPS games so yes he knows there are games that look much better. That said he has said it look nice and it is not bad as I have warned him that some people think it is.
+ System requirements... my friend has an old desktop computer with a CPU with 2 cores.
+ My friend is certainly not stupid and he plays his Wizard fairly smart. In Foundry content when I loose my patience when it becomes some annoying puzzle he keep a positive attitude and usually solves the puzzle fast or finds the missing key or hidden door.
+ Action Combat. My friend likes FPS games and Unreal Tournament 2004 is an old classic for us. It is not suprising he likes PvP also in Neverwinter with aiming and fast movement.
+ Dungeons are fun to him.. 45min -1 h? It is nothing to him he prefer to play 5-7 hours when he plays. Dungeons involve fast paced challenging content.
+ My friend likes to play the game with me  and we actually prefer to use Team Speak 3 for our internal voice communication.
+ We had very fun in the Orc area when 25+ Orcs chased us... sometimes it is better to retreat then die fighting. He likes even outside world questing.

My friend has seen the LOTR moves and think they are good he even liked the Hobbit movie actually more then me. He knows what Dungeon Dragon is however he does not care much for Dungeons Dragons or roleplaying.

Anyway there you go listed why my friend likes this game and he is NOT a Blizzard or Anet fan neither does interrest him as a company. My friend like Action movies like me however he does  not like so much horror content as I do. Lol my 23 year old little sister like very scary horror movies more then my friend. My little sister is a real horror fan she loved Ginger Snaps(2000) when I showed it to her and we watched it with some friends.

If the guy likes the unreal tournament games (personally love them.all.except unreal.tournament 3) then he must be a good judge :)

I guess Neverwinter caters to.a.certain category, like DDO.

#362 Stargate

Stargate

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1726 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:26 PM

View PostCoren, on 28 June 2013 - 05:46 AM, said:

If the guy likes the unreal tournament games (personally love them.all.except unreal.tournament 3) then he must be a good judge :)

I guess Neverwinter caters to.a.certain category, like DDO.
Yes we have played the old Unreal Tournament games however Unreal Tournament 2004 was that last good and Unreal Tournament 3 was a huge failure and not even ok.

All is not good playing with my friend though... as a free player I need to get like 3000 000+ AD through earning. It is very limited what one character  can earn AD/day and of course I play with my other character to earn AD. Even though I avoid Dayly Dungeon since it gives to much exp... and do only dayly Skirmish and dayly PvP(do not like(well at least unless my friend also plays) Foundry quests and they take to long time) my friend is so casual player he can not keep up with my levelling speed! FFS I do NOT play 7 days/week I play 5 times/week and he lags behind and complains I level to fast while I do my best to earn AD and very slowly level up. I do not want to roll any existing class and will not roll a third Cleric.

For love of God Cryptic could really release a couple of other classes this summer.

For example I am very interesting to roll a Ranger or Druid and guess what Neverwinter first expansion Fury of the Feywild will have forest theme!

Regarding available classes DDO beats Neverwinter completely and that is Neverwinters weakest point currently. The only complaint from me in Neverwinter forums is we need more classes however i have tried to give that message very diplomatically as a wish to the developers.

Edited by Stargate, 01 July 2013 - 09:42 PM.

#363 Kysio

Kysio

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Server:Seafarer’s Rest

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:35 PM

Why do you bold random parts of sentence anyways?

#364 Stargate

Stargate

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1726 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:39 PM

View PostKysio, on 01 July 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

Why do you bold random parts of sentence anyways?
Ok reduced bold to one sentence. Neverwinter really need more classes that is my biggest wish regarding Neverwinter. There are plenty of races  though and next expansion will have 2 new elf races.

Edited by Stargate, 01 July 2013 - 09:42 PM.

#365 Stargate

Stargate

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1726 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:41 PM

Toms Hardware Article:
A Free-To-Play MMO? Neverwinter Performance, Benchmarked
http://www.tomshardw...hmark,3495.html

When I read that article I suppose I should be happy my laptop can run it ok.

My Asus laptop bought Mars 2012:
CPU: AMD A4-3300M 1,9 GHz (4 cores)
RAM: 8 Gb DDR3-1333
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6650M, 1 GB DDR3
Screen: 15,6(whatever usually I play with 42 inch HD TV)
Native resolution for games: 1366 x 768
Harddrive: 500 Gb SATA, 5400 rpm
Price: 530 euros(good price/performance during that time and I needed a laptop computer for travels.)

I agree with Tomshardware  and on my laptop I do not reduce visual quality(I have it maxed everywhere) IF you have enough GPU power. The other slider can be reduced plenty or as much as needed.

Edited by Stargate, 02 July 2013 - 12:46 PM.

#366 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

Golem Rider

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2220 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[CYRL]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:47 PM

I can't speak to the art style.  I have never liked Cryptic art styles, with the exception of CoH, largely due to its age.  CO, STO and NW... I've no idea who their artists are but they need a whipping.

Gameplay-wise, it's a fun game as long as there's a story.  It's fast.

I can't speak to end-game yet.

It is, however, a little limited.  Classes are very limited, especially for the breadth of what D&D actually offers.
It's okay to enjoy crap if you're willing to admit it's crap.
Every patch is like ArenaNet walking out onto the stage of the International Don't Kitten Up Championship, and then proceeding to shiv itself in the stomach 30 times while screaming "IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!"

#367 Stargate

Stargate

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1726 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

View PostMazingerZ, on 02 July 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

I can't speak to the art style.  I have never liked Cryptic art styles, with the exception of CoH, largely due to its age.  CO, STO and NW... I've no idea who their artists are but they need a whipping.

It is, however, a little limited.  Classes are very limited, especially for the breadth of what D&D actually offers.
Graphics are not fantastic though I like Neverwinter main city area. Succubus was also fairly sexy creature and moans like she would get an orgasm. You can meet a Succubus in Foundry adventure Witch Hammer which is actually worth its 4 star rating.

I have not played any other Cryptic MMO... why? Champions Online is about superheroes and while I think Smallville and Arrow are good TV series I am not so fond of superhero theme games.  Startrek Online again well SCIFI is ok however I have never liked much Startrek TV series. Ironically my friend who plays Neverwinter as hist first MMO he is a huge Startrek fan. I do like scifi though and I do not hate Startrek however rather that is average 5/10 to me.

Anyway since you mentioned all those games it has crossed my mind this "buy to win" phrase. Neverwinter you can play fully freely and wrong were those who predicted It will be impossible to get ZEN for a free player.

I played very casually(for me casually) in April and May. I have played more the game in June and July. Anyway I have now
A. Traded AD for ZEN so I good buy for 500 ZEN 2 extra character slots which make that I have total of 4 character slots.
B. Traded AD after that purchase so I have now more then 650 ZEN saved.
C; Thought about buying an extra bag real seriously.. however I have got all free 3 bags that you can get by simply playing the game and BANK is a huge help. Bags bought with ZEN are pretty expensive: 600 ZEN for 12 slots bag, 1000 ZEN for 24 slots bag.

I have decided now to save my ZEN and not use it. Expansion Fury of the Feywild is soon coming eta end of this summer or early autumn if it is delayed. I see what is for sale after expansion is released.

On the other hand I have come to like PWE earn virtual ZEN money system and yes it is very possible that I save more or less of my Neverwinter ZEN and use is it another PWE released game released in future. I am a hardcore gamer. Neverwinter rewards me with ZEN. I feel it is my right to BUY stuff as should be! This is what I like about Neverwinter some people complain they spend to much on this game and I can as hardcore gamer earn ZEN and choose what to buy. I am not so tempted you see all the cosmetic stuff like dyes etc I could not care less however Nevewinter cash shop sells also very useful items that are not cosmetic.

Edited by Stargate, 03 July 2013 - 09:16 PM.

#368 xarallei

xarallei

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • Curse Premium
  • 1099 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:08 PM

View PostMazingerZ, on 02 July 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

That's one of the big reasons I don't like the game. The classes are kind of boring to me. Especially since it's supposed to be D&D. It should have a ton of class customization options, but it just doesn't.

#369 Stargate

Stargate

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1726 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

View Postxarallei, on 05 July 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

That's one of the big reasons I don't like the game. The classes are kind of boring to me. Especially since it's supposed to be D&D. It should have a ton of class customization options, but it just doesn't.
Well there is some truth in what you say no doubt about it. Actually based on feedback from Closed Beta they changed so players could choose freely what Feats and Powers to choose from. As of result of that I have 2 Devout Clerics and they are still different. The forum talk in  Neverwinter is more kind of allowing for more different types of weapons which is very limited currently. Even more important then that is that new classes will be released.

Anyway Zen store really is not cheap and it constantly gets new good items. Example of new stuff a cool really fast White Tiger mount costs 3500 ZEN and speed of mount actually helps in PvP so you would get fast to a node.

While publisher is Perfect World game is not perfect however it is still my cup of tea and actually economy in Neverwinter is an interesting challenge for me as a free player. Sooner or later I will buy something really expensive from ZEN store since I get more and more ZEN trough trading AD vs ZEN.

Edited by Stargate, 07 July 2013 - 11:47 AM.

#370 Stargate

Stargate

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1726 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

Well it is September already and I am still happily playing the game and I thought I would share my experience and evaluation of the game.

State of the game?
Fury of the Feywild the Neverwinter first expansion has been released. What does it bring? New high level areas and perhaps very slightly better items not much really game is still more or less in Tier 2. Tier 3 items have not been released.

Crafting has been greatly improved. Now there exist weapon crafting for all classes for example. Those who like cosmetics can also enjoy for more options to change looks of weapons is available. I have seen dwarves with axes as it should be for example. The free companions that were limited to level 15 before can be upgraded to unlock level up to level 20 but that costs a HUGE amount of Astral Diamonds.

Now for those who do not know me I am a former WOW veteran and I have never liked casul gear progression. You could ask me why do I not complain Neverwinter is to casual since no Tier 3 yet? Answer: I get all the hardcore challenge I want from the economy a free player faces. Very patiently I have earned Astral Diamonds and bought ZEN with that.

I have now save 2300 ZEN and I have not used any real money on this game. When I have saved 2500 ZEN then I will buy the fastest Epic Purple horse that give 110% boost to movement and then all my characters can use it.

Currently I have 2 Clerics and 1 Rogue and total of 6 character slots so 3 is still free. I have bought total of 4 extra character slots with AD traded to ZEN the virtual currencty in all Perfect World games.

What does 2500 ZEN mean in real money? 2500 ZEN is 25$ or 25€ so Americans get it slightly cheaper if they want to use credit card.

My  Neverwinter review:
+ Hardcore challenge for a free player in the challenging economy. Companions are disabled in PvP. but the companion you can buy with ZEN are more powerful then any free companions.
+ Ok challenge in PvE there are easy, mediocre and harder challenge depending on where you go.
+ Ok PvP though I still wish that Capture the Flag gaming mode would be added.
+ ok system requirements.
+ Action Combat.
+ Inbuilt voice communication works well now if you are in same party.
+ Interesting crafting system.
+ Lots of races and actually Human is not best race for every class. My rogue is a HalfOrc. Drow is very good race however that race is not for free.
+ Mediocre graphics though they look ok to me.
Neutral: Foundry(tool that players can create instanced adventures) have not met my wishes however it is still not a complete failure.
- lack of Capture the Flag and there could be more PvP maps.
- Even max graphics are not great.
- More classes could be released. Still only 5 classes.
My score: 9/10 a classic!

Edited by Stargate, 07 September 2013 - 07:17 PM.

#371 Stargate

Stargate

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1726 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

To earn the fastest mount was a long grind for a free player in Neverwinter. Now when I have done it to my horror I found out that it is character bound. Oh god! I have 6 character slots If I would try to earn for free the fastest mount to all 6 character that would take me years and I am at least a semihardcore player.

Edited by Stargate, 13 September 2013 - 07:53 PM.

#372 Fantasy Trope

Fantasy Trope

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[EZ]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:15 PM

I don't know a lot about Neverwinter (I decided to download and play today), but some of their artwork is fantastic:

http://arteche.devia...-Xuna-360128506

#373 Stargate

Stargate

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1726 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

View PostFantasy Trope, on 13 September 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

I don't know a lot about Neverwinter (I decided to download and play today), but some of their artwork is fantastic:

http://arteche.devia...-Xuna-360128506
Well I can report happily that the Mount I got can be claimed for FREE with my other characters so the mounts you get from ZEN store is shared by all characters. You can find adventures by searching for them with the name or first part of the name.

My favorite Foundry content(in more or less alphabetic order):
Bloody Pit Unchained
Based more or less on Spartacus Blood and Sand TV series. As game rating is only Teens it has only partial nudity with slave girls however that is nice and some small elements to the fans of the TV series.

Call of the Wild(Campaign with 3 adventures)
All I can say this has good story and my favorite monsters will not spoil what it is. As challenge goes the first part felt really easy the second adventure was slightly tougher and the the last third I have not played yet. If you like good story and to read this is good. It has enough combat to keep it interesting however do not expect tough challenge.

Cloak Tower: Cult of the Dragon.
Challenge is so hard it is meant for 2 players and it gives good challenge to 2 players. If you have some 15k or more gear score character well this it the toughest Foundry adventure I have played so you can try it solo with your super character.
------
Scarlet Library
I played almost 4 years World of Warcraft and this is a remake of Scarlet Library one of my favorite WOW Dungeons. Challenge is reduced so it fits for one player however I had very fun with my real life friend when I did on purpose get aggro from 15-20 enemies at the same time. This is Action and Hack/Slash! Lots of it and I love it! Graphic environment is very good remake of the WOW Dungeon.

The Return to Azerothia
This is a the sequel to Scarlet Library however it had one annoying secret door/switch and not as good as Scarlet Library is to me however I did not regret playing it though wasted 15 minutes figuring out how to continue.
-------
The Book of The Dead
Horror genre based on the very old movie the first Evil Dead movie from the 80ies. It has some elements indeed from that movie however and interesting.

Tired of Being a Hero?
Recommended by the Gamespy reviewer.
Do you want to play Evil? Interesting change of role however challenge felt very hard I died a couple of times and used lots of potions. You could rename this to tired of easy Foundry challenge?

Whispers from the Void
Recommended by the Gamespy reviewer. I have not tried it yet however I like horror and this is more or less Lovecraft story based horror.

Edited by Stargate, 20 October 2013 - 09:16 AM.

#374 Solid_Gold

Solid_Gold

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:11 AM

Neverwinter Ranger..............

Only played it for a few hours last night, but I thought it was very good.

Like the targeting, the speed and range of the bow, and all of the skills I have used so far with the bow.

Now if only I liked my GW2 Ranger as much, but I don't, it's lacklustre.

Just one thing I didn't like, the noise the bow makes when you don't have a target but try to fire an arrow.

Edited by Solid_Gold, 06 December 2013 - 08:39 AM.

#375 xarallei

xarallei

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • Curse Premium
  • 1099 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:22 PM

I still prefer my GW2 ranger, I feel there is more variety to it. Plus you have different weapon sets to work with. From what I saw the neverwinter ranger can switch from long range to melee weapon at least. It's not a bad class though, I tried it and I think I liked it better than many of the other Neverwinter classes.

It was a while since I played neverwinter and I did notice they have made some changes. I think to make things a little bit more complex. It seems abilities have levels now and you can morph them to do more things or more damage if you put points toward it. Kind of like ESO's skill morph system I suppose. Definitely did not have that in closed beta. I guess that's an improvement. Not really enough to get me to play the game though.

#376 Stargate

Stargate

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1726 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:58 PM

I am still playing Neverwinter and I am 100% free player.

One thing that you should know for some reason(bug) Guardian Fighter and Great Weapon Fighter get roughly 2000 extra gearscore. Therefore a 12k(12000) GF or GWF is roughly equal to 10k Rogue, Wizard, Ranger or Cleric. This is a known fact and I am not saying GF or GWF suck and I only meant that keep in mind that if you compare gearscore.

Finally it is not only gearscore the build can affect a lot. I have seen so called pure PvP tank Cleric with maxed DEX and CON that sucked at healing in PvE and I have seen DC with 10k gs that heal much better then those pure tank Clerics with 13k+ gearscore.

Currently my characters are roughly Devoted Cleirc(slightly more PvP build) 12k+, Devoted Cleric(slightly more PvE build) 10,9k and Trickster Rogue 9,5k.. I have not rolled a Ranger yet though I did have 2 Hunters and 1 Druid in WOW.

I am not going  to an debate in what game Ranger is best GW2, WOW or Neverwinter because at the end of the day it is subjective taste. However I have already seen powerplayers that are max level Rangers in Neverwinter and I have seen both:
A. Ranger that prefer ranged weapons i.e Bow.
B. Ranger that prefers melee weapons ie. swords.

The only downside in Neverwinter regarding Ranger is that it does not have a Pet like you have in WOW or Guild Wars 2. That said it is still enough different from other classes and Range can use traps. Finally it is possible for all classes in Neverwinter to have a NPC companion or a NPC animal that helps in  PvE. All companions are disabled in PvP.

Artifacts which has been introduced in second expansion are a step in more hardcore direction and not even I like that so much, but I do my best to adapt to it. There are 4 ways to get artifacts and you can equip maximum of 3 artifacts and level up them from level 1-100 which is very hardcore process.  Ways to get artifact:
1. Do Artifact quest that Sergeant Knox gives. Very easy, but a character can only get one artifact from quest.
2. Earn 24000 AD from PvP and buy artifact from PvP Vendor.
3. Craft an Artifact, but that is not an easy or fast way to do it.
4. Buy with ZEN from ZEN store or with AD from Auction House.
NOTE! Artifacts and gear does affect PvP!

Edited by Stargate, 09 December 2013 - 01:06 PM.

#377 Stargate

Stargate

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1726 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:02 PM

Ok I think I need to update my review now since this
My  Neverwinter review:
+ Hardcore challenge for a free player in the challenging economy. Companions are disabled in PvP. but the companion you can buy with ZEN are more powerful then any free companions.
+ Ok challenge in PvE there are easy, mediocre and harder challenge depending on where you go.
+ Ok PvP though I still wish that Capture the Flag gaming mode would be added.
+ ok system requirements.
+ Action Combat.
+ Inbuilt voice communication works well now if you are in same party.
+ Interesting crafting system.
+ Lots of races and actually Human is not best race for every class. My rogue is a HalfOrc. Drow is very good race however that race is not for free.
+ Mediocre graphics though they look ok to me.
Neutral: Foundry(tool that players can create instanced adventures) have not met my wishes however it is still not a complete failure.
- lack of Capture the Flag and there could be more PvP maps.
- Even max graphics are not great.
- More classes could be released. Still only 5 classes.
My score: 9/10 a classic!
"
was from the release.

How has Neverwinter changed after 2 expansions Fury of the Feywild and Shadowmantle?
Short answer is much more HARDCORE!

Fury of the Feywild expansion:
+ Good new Dungeon.
+ Ok some of the Elven/Fey area is actually beautiful area... so I am not complaining about the  graphical environment.
- not good items in this expansion Dungeon so why do it?
- boons that can be earned and make gearscore much better. However it is very bad way to earn them! You have to do like a huge amount of repeatable Quests! These Boons end up as a HORRIBLE GRIND and this is said from me a HARDCORE player!

Shadowmantle expansion (newest expansion).
+ New Class Hunter Ranger.
+ New Paragon path(new feats/powers) for every existing class. For example now you can create a fire Wizard.
+ Valindras Tower ELITE hard Epic Dungeon with ultra hard endboss. Excellent! The first boss before the endboss is much easier to defeat and that also gives you VT coins for good gear. In addition both bosses can drop randomly sometimes very good gear.
+ max graphics has been slightly increased. I do not know what the increase is since I do not use max graphics settings. I suspect that the change is a small detail and nothing major.
- boons that can be earned and make gearscore much better. However it is very bad way to earn them! You have to do like a huge amount of repeatable Quests! These Boons end up as a HORRIBLE GRIND and this is said from me a HARDCORE player!

Finally second expansion also introduced artifact items that makes the difference between a new level 60 and an ELITE player even more huge. Gearscore does affect PvP.

Oh and honestly most of the Foundry content is not same standard as best Neverwinter Nigths adventures. My vote for Neverwinter currently has dropped to 8/10 very good, but not a classic 9/10 anymore!

Edited by Stargate, 27 December 2013 - 06:35 AM.

#378 xarallei

xarallei

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • Curse Premium
  • 1099 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:55 PM

The drow are free now. Not the Menzo skin that those $200 pack people got, that's still exclusive. But the general drow are free now. Took them way too long to release them.

#379 Stargate

Stargate

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1726 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:32 PM

An update to Neverwinter what news?

Well they have done now Russian language support and I have met many new Russian players playing the game. Some of the Russian players speak well English and some do not speak almost no English.

In addition I know that PVP will get changes sooner or later during this year but it could take many months:
Copy pasted official information below:
Greetings Adventurers!
We are happy to announce that as part of an ongoing initiative to improve PVP and make it feel more rewarding and more fun overall we are going to be adding a new stat to PVP focused gear - Tenacity.

Overview
Tenacity is a relatively complicated stat, but it provides a wealth of bonuses that will greatly impact your PVP experiences. Given its complexity, there are a handful of other changes that will be going in at the same time that will help make the PVP experience feel better across the board.

The following changes have been made:

Give all players some additional Innate resistances against effects from players
  • 10% Reduced Critical Strike Damage
  • 10% Increased CC Resist
  • 10% Increased Damage Resistance

Addition of Tenacity to PVP Gear, which gives the following bonuses
  • Resistance to Critical Hits
  • Armor Penetration Suppression
  • Damage Resistance
  • CC Resist

Addition of Healing Depression
  • When struck by a player in PVP you will suffer Healing Depression for 10 seconds. This effect Reduces the effectiveness of incoming heals and Temporary Hit Points by 50%. This effect is refreshed by taking damage from a player.
  • This healing depression will affect all sources of healing, including but not limited to Regeneration, Life Steal, Soulforged, and Class Powers. Potions are currently not affected by this, but will need further balancing with these changes.

#380 Stargate

Stargate

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1726 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:43 PM

What does above mean? Well I have not chosen to be part of those testing servers.

Those changes are ONLY for PVP and not PvE.
What conclusions would I make of above?
A. Cleric will get a HUGE nerf in PvP in future. 50% less healing in PvP. This will likely make Cleric one of the weakest classes in PvP, but still very strong and popular class in PvE.
B. Control Wizard will get a BIG nerf  with this. Tenacity items add CONTROL resist. Halfling is a race with a bit Control resist... I have heard rumors of Halflings with 40-50% Control resist running around in the Beta server but I have not confirmed this to be true and perhaps it is slightly overestimate. Anyway Control Wizard wil get a big nerf in PvP but will be still very useful and popular in PvE.

I have tried to adapt to these changes best I can. My Clerics are currently 15,8k gs(gearscore), 13,2k and my Trickster Rogues is 14,0k.

I can easily give my best enchantments from my high gs Cleric to my Rogue any time I want(not doing before they make this changes and it could take months and subject to change still). However artifacts are character bound once they are equipped. Therefore I bought a third artifact to my Rogue for roughly 800 000 AD and I am now focusing mostly to improve my Rogue.

What does my Rogue think of these changes to come? My Rogue thinks that Great Weapon Fighters together with Rogues will rule the PvP in Neverwinter in future. Cryptic seems determined to seriously making Clerics and Wizards weaker in PvP.

Edited by Stargate, 12 February 2014 - 08:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users