• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Will we be able to change profession?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
609 replies to this topic

#601 Jexx

Jexx

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2751 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Sir]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:33 AM

TGgold said:

PS: Class changing in the mists should be available for obvious reasons.

I actually think they should just have you choose what you want to play when you log in. Structured PvP, where you just have a PvP name that you use. You choose your race, profession, load it up with skills, and get into a game. At the end of the game, you can change your race, profession, and skills in the equip menu. Or the PvE area. Where you have personal story, dynamic events, dungeons, activities, WvW, etc.

#602 Djin

Djin

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:35 AM

Oh yeah!  Guild Wars was sooooooooo hard to grind 20 levels.  Also if you seen the leveling thing compared to other games, this is almost a straight line.  MEANING, again, 80 levels will not be hard at all.

I for one will not want to see people going from class to class.  Just make another character.  Wouldn't it be a lot funner to make a new class a new race, try things differently?  That's the whole point with MMORPGs.  Not getting one character to max and then switching classes.

You have way too much to read, I read about 1% of what you post.

So you don't want to buy character slots?  You do know you can DELETE them.  I mean, lets say you made a Norn Ranger, and you got to level 20 and it was torture and you just HATED every second, why keep him/her?  Just remove and start a new class.

You make it sound like there's only one character slot.  You make it sound like you don't want to do anything but get to max level and then switch all the classes to make level.  WHere's the fun in that?

#603 Djin

Djin

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:35 AM

Jexx said:

I actually think they should just have you choose what you want to play when you log in. Structured PvP, where you just have a PvP name that you use. You choose your race, profession, load it up with skills, and get into a game. At the end of the game, you can change your race, profession, and skills in the equip menu. Or the PvE area. Where you have personal story, dynamic events, dungeons, activities, WvW, etc.

You could pretty much do that in PvP in Guild Wars.  Make a silly named person, get right into the game with all the skills.

#604 Jexx

Jexx

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2751 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:41 AM

Djin said:

You could pretty much do that in PvP in Guild Wars.  Make a silly named person, get right into the game with all the skills.

I know, but I think this would be a smoother system. Meh.

#605 Djin

Djin

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:45 AM

Jexx said:

I know, but I think this would be a smoother system. Meh.

Perhaps.  We don't know until we see more PvP footage (hear, read, watch, etc), or get into the game ourselves.

I hope PAX will look at the PvP aspect, but I doubt it.

#606 Jexx

Jexx

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2751 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:46 AM

Djin said:

Perhaps.  We don't know until we see more PvP footage (hear, read, watch, etc), or get into the game ourselves.

I hope PAX will look at the PvP aspect, but I doubt it.

I think PAX will be Gamescom in english.

Not to say that I'm not looking forward to it though.

#607 Krazzar

Krazzar

Legend of the Norn

• Members
  • 7987 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:48 AM

I thought this was a troll thread.

Why would we need to change professions? You can create new PvE character, PvP characters are insta-max, and titles are tied to account and not character. There is no reason to change profession.

#608 Djin

Djin

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:49 AM

Jexx,

That's what I'm hearing as well.  Regardless, I do not mind watching it all again.  :P

#609 unraveled

unraveled

rawr

• Super Moderators
  • 1396 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Hedo]
  • Server:Ferguson’s Crossing

Posted 31 August 2010 - 10:11 AM

bboy said:

is the 2 hrs per level accurate? i mean that seems like a long time, at least to me used to gw1. maybe someone should ask anet if they've taken a gw2 char from lv1 to lv80 in theyre free time only and ask how long its taken? :)

Anet are still toying with the numbers, but last I recall reading 1.5-2 hours per level is where they were aiming. It lets the "must play end game nao!!!11!!" players to rip through pretty fast, and more casual players who are only able to / wish to play a couple of hours a week will still get a sense of progression.

#610 Wakers

Wakers

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1056 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 10:20 AM

It's not bad compared to other MMO's to be honest.  By the time I got to level 30 in LOTRO, it was taking me about 3 hours to level, and then each level takes about an extra 20 minutes of game time, at least (I only played casually).

I'm happy with that timescale.  If I'm honest, from GW I thought Prophecies levelling was too slow - not the first time around, because I was completely immersed in the game.  But by the time it came to the third character, the game really drags in the early stages.

Factions on the other hand was a bit too fast - like they were rushing it to compensate - but still, it has its advantages in that it's the best campaign to start in if you want to level up quickly.

Nightfall is the best in terms of replay value for me, the level progression isn't slow but it's not blazingly fast either - it hits the sweet spot even after the 7th/8th/9th characters.