• Curse Sites
Help
* * * * * 2 votes

Tarnished Coast [NA] and Piken Square [EU] are GW2RP's Server Choices!

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 Primal Zed

Primal Zed

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2102 posts
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:26 PM

According to www.gw2guilds.org, Goon Squad is going to Tarnished Coast (US).  They're a large guild notorious for griefing.  The kind of players who think "PvP" means attacking the person sitting behind the keyboard rather than competing in a video game.  I hope that their listing in gw2guilds.org isn't sincere, but if it is then I don't expect Tarnished Coast will remain the RP server for long.

#62 amidwx

amidwx

Roleplaying Rabbit - Guild Wars 2 Roleplayers

• Community Contributors
  • 420 posts
  • Guild Tag:[FIC]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:47 PM

It's not sincere.  They're listed on Maguuma.

http://www.gw2guilds.../view-guild/191

View PostPrimal Zed, on 20 August 2012 - 10:26 PM, said:

According to www.gw2guilds.org, Goon Squad is going to Tarnished Coast (US).  They're a large guild notorious for griefing.  The kind of players who think "PvP" means attacking the person sitting behind the keyboard rather than competing in a video game.  I hope that their listing in gw2guilds.org isn't sincere, but if it is then I don't expect Tarnished Coast will remain the RP server for long.

#63 Krathos

Krathos

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:49 PM

We are well aware that 4chan has announced they "plan" to go to Tarnished Coast. Role-Players have learned to handle trolls, and we fully trust that if they break the rules, that ArenaNet will bring the ban hammer heavily upon those such players. I for one am not going to allow some silly trolls get in the way of my Role-Playing, or PvP.

Edited by Krathos, 20 August 2012 - 10:52 PM.

#64 amidwx

amidwx

• Community Contributors
  • 420 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:53 PM

Actually, assuming you saw the same thing I did, that was a message by the "Original 4chan BOYZ", who are actually a parody guild of the main 4chan group.  4chan's real guild is still going to Anvil Rock.

Veterans of RP communities just before launch are probably aware that there are always claims like this where groups that would mesh poorly with RPers "might come to the server".  It's happened with every game launch I've been party to.  These kinds of statements are rarely true and are usually rumors started by bored people who think they're really funny.

In other words, DON'T PANIC!  It's going to be fine. :)

View PostKrathos, on 20 August 2012 - 10:49 PM, said:

We're well aware, that 4chan has announced they "plan" to go to Tarnished Coast. Role-Players have learned to tolerate trolls, and we fully trust that if they break the rules, that ArenaNet will bring the ban hammer heavily upon those such players. I for one am not going to allow some silly trolls get in the way of my Role-Playing, or PvP.

Edited by amidwx, 20 August 2012 - 10:56 PM.

#65 Primal Zed

Primal Zed

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2102 posts
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:55 PM

View Postamidwx, on 20 August 2012 - 10:47 PM, said:

It's not sincere.  They're listed on Maguuma.

http://www.gw2guilds.../view-guild/191
Ah, I see.  Now I'm kind of wondering if I simply derped and couldn't read a table correctly.

#66 Krathos

Krathos

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

View Postamidwx, on 20 August 2012 - 10:53 PM, said:

Actually, assuming you saw the same thing I did, that was a message by the "Original 4chan BOYZ", who are actually a parody guild of the main 4chan group.  4chan's real guild is still going to Anvil Rock.

Veterans of RP communities just before launch are probably aware that there are always claims like this where groups that would mesh poorly with RPers "might come to the server".  It's happened with every game launch I've been party to.  These kinds of statements are rarely true and are usually rumors started by bored people who think they're really funny.

In other words, DON'T PANIC!  It's going to be fine. :)

Ah'! I think I was thinking what you were thinking.(That's a tounge twister.) Well, curious to know, but as you said, it happens, we'll make do.

View PostPrimal Zed, on 20 August 2012 - 10:55 PM, said:

Ah, I see.  Now I'm kind of wondering if I simply derped and couldn't read a table correctly.

In any-case, it's nice of you to have brought it up it was, I'm sure, for good intentions.

Edited by Krathos, 20 August 2012 - 10:59 PM.

#67 amidwx

amidwx

• Community Contributors
  • 420 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:59 PM

View PostPrimal Zed, on 20 August 2012 - 10:55 PM, said:

It happens. :)

#68 Bliss

Bliss

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:10 AM

Could we get a sticky for this thread to make sure that new players can always find the RP servers easily trough this forum?

#69 Rainbrowman

Rainbrowman

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:19 AM

Seems that the US RP server is going to have a bad time with the trolls....

#70 Brynjar

Brynjar

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

How come, Rain? Have there been issues already?

#71 Bliss

Bliss

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:29 PM

I have to say that Piken Square has a wonderful RP population already. I love our community!

#72 Reann

Reann

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Guild Tag:[VII]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:10 AM

View PostBliss, on 03 September 2012 - 08:29 PM, said:

I have to say that Piken Square has a wonderful RP population already. I love our community!

And if you go to the WvW zones you will see our servers glorious Mad Charr Warlord taking his role very seriously as a charr roleplayer. :) Those who haven't rolled to the server for RP reasons might even get offended by him from time to time...

#73 Rainbrowman

Rainbrowman

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:42 PM

View PostBrynjar, on 26 August 2012 - 03:31 PM, said:

How come, Rain? Have there been issues already?

Ah, no I was simply referring to Primal Zed's comment about the griefing guild.
I myself am playing on Piken Square, great RP community.  Didn't see or received any griefing so far.

#74 Brynjar

Brynjar

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

Is anyone on Tarnished Coast? Now that the game has been out for a little while, how is the RP community? Is it hard to find, easy? Are there specific locations or cities where RPers tend to cluster? RP guilds?

#75 Silmerion

Silmerion

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:52 PM

Im looking for someone to RP with, im playing as a faithful priest (elementalist) serving under the god R'hlor.
Any class, any background, any race.

Contact me at Dantallion.3016 or send a letter to Silmerion of Myr.

View PostBrynjar, on 08 October 2012 - 09:06 AM, said:

Is anyone on Tarnished Coast? Now that the game has been out for a little while, how is the RP community? Is it hard to find, easy? Are there specific locations or cities where RPers tend to cluster? RP guilds?

You can find plenty of RP'ers at every lodge/tavern on queensdale

#76 Brynjar

Brynjar

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:06 AM

View PostSilmerion, on 08 October 2012 - 10:52 PM, said:

You can find plenty of RP'ers at every lodge/tavern on queensdale

Ah, that's good to hear. I realize it's a bit of a foolish question, but I'm in a certain situation in RL where I won't be able to actually play GW2 until next spring. So I'm forced to live vicariously through the forums.

#77 Vorian

Vorian

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

Giving this a friendly bump for new players. :)

#78 Xukaiwen

Xukaiwen

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:41 AM

I've been pleasantly surprised with the random RP on Tarnished Coast.  If I emote after a battle and someone else is nearby, 50% of the time they start some pick-up RP with me.

Of course, I also get some good RP through my guild, but the pick-up RP helps the world come alive for me.

Edited by Xukaiwen, 04 February 2013 - 05:41 AM.

#79 InterCityFirmWhu

InterCityFirmWhu

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

This sucks I been in ferguson crossing since early release and I quit after maxxing out 2 chars in the first month and I came back today to make a Charr Warrior and I am stuck in the worst server... O how I wish i moved during free transfers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users