#1 Malleus Maleficarum

Malleus Maleficarum

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

THIS IS DIFFERENT FROM ALL THE ERRORS YOU LUCKY PEOPLE ARE HAVING

At least you got to log in and make a character :(

at the main log in screen it gives me error 58:11:2:1064:101 which says "unable to connect to login server, this may be caused by an internet routing issue"

it has been saying this every single time i've ever tried it, never got the "come back later" message before the beta went live

I made a Q&A topic a few days ago and was told it was just because the event wasn't live (which would've meant everybody would get this message....), but i wanted to make it again to A) get some help fixing it and B.) attract a little attention to this seemingly rare error if there's people like me with it out there.

How can i fix an "internet routing error"? I've checked my firewall and made sure it isn't interfering, and it's not an internet issue because it runs fine and i play GW1 on the same computer! And all my account info is correct because otherwise it tells me to find the correct password/email if i mess with it on purpose.  It's also not an issue of the servers being "down" or overloaded, or the event not being live because i've got it during times when other people are playing and logging on- i just get it all the time, never any other error.

please, if you've heard of any way to fix this let me know!

Edited by Malleus Maleficarum, 27 April 2012 - 11:06 PM.

#2 shadowfury

shadowfury

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

View PostMalleus Maleficarum, on 27 April 2012 - 11:05 PM, said:

THIS IS DIFFERENT FROM ALL THE ERRORS YOU LUCKY PEOPLE ARE HAVING

At least you got to log in and make a character :(

at the main log in screen it gives me error 58:11:2:1064:101 which says "unable to connect to login server, this may be caused by an internet routing issue"

it has been saying this every single time i've ever tried it, never got the "come back later" message before the beta went live

I made a Q&A topic a few days ago and was told it was just because the event wasn't live (which would've meant everybody would get this message....), but i wanted to make it again to A) get some help fixing it and B.) attract a little attention to this seemingly rare error if there's people like me with it out there.

How can i fix an "internet routing error"? I've checked my firewall and made sure it isn't interfering, and it's not an internet issue because it runs fine and i play GW1 on the same computer! And all my account info is correct because otherwise it tells me to find the correct password/email if i mess with it on purpose.  It's also not an issue of the servers being "down" or overloaded, or the event not being live because i've got it during times when other people are playing and logging on- i just get it all the time, never any other error.

please, if you've heard of any way to fix this let me know!

We’re noticing a lot of you experiencing an Error Code 58 and have come up with a potential work-around for you to try. This is not a guaranteed fix, but could help you get into the game for now.
Right click on your Guild Wars 2 beta shortcut and click “Properties.”
In the “target” line, type in the following:
For North American Servers: -authsrv 64.25.38.54
For European Servers: -authsrv 206.127.159.107
Note: This is not a guaranteed fix. If this does not work for you, you should remove the added text.
We appreciate your patience while we try to fix this issue.
Thanks!
-Allie
-ArenaNet QA

#3 Malleus Maleficarum

Malleus Maleficarum

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

View Postshadowfury, on 27 April 2012 - 11:08 PM, said:

We’re noticing a lot of you experiencing an Error Code 58 and have come up with a potential work-around for you to try. This is not a guaranteed fix, but could help you get into the game for now.
Note: This is not a guaranteed fix. If this does not work for you, you should remove the added text.
Thanks!
-Allie
-ArenaNet QA

Thank you for that!! quick Q: where is the 'target' line in properties? all i see is an area to rename the shortcut

#4 Antrasith

Antrasith

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:02 AM

Thanks!
-Allie
-ArenaNet QA

Cheers! Worked for me!
Well, it's to say, I used that IP for authentication, but it might aswel be because I started the game by "right-click > Run as administrator". I'm too happy that I can get in, to verify this :D

grtz and GL all

#5 Thunderduck

Thunderduck

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:37 AM

Thanks!
-Allie
-ArenaNet QA

So... where do I type this in in the target line? At the very end? right before .exe? everything I do gives me a "name XXXXX specified in the target box is not valid". In addition, others are saying that this is due to servers being down for repairs - which I saw on the forums, lasting around 30 minutes (that started around an hour and a half). Is that the problem, or is there just something wrong with my beta?

#6 Arduin

Arduin

Q&A King

• Site Contributors
  • 4284 posts
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:37 AM

Posted Image

Feeling your post got wrongfully deleted? Thread locked? Want to chat? Send me a PM. I won't bite :eek:

Be wary of expressing your opinion as fact; facts can be proven wrong.

#7 Thunderduck

Thunderduck

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:50 AM

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. i love you, it's working now!!

:D * 1000

#8 Menys

Menys

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:23 AM

Hey, I got a question.

As i'm already frustrated as I was not able to even create a character since the beta has started.
I keep getting the Network error message as well (different error code once in a while).

Just before the beta went live, I was able to log in and choose a server (EU - Blacktide i think).
Is there a possibility that there's an issue with that world and now that my account is bound to it, I'm not able to even log in?
Nevertheless, If anyone has any more ideas for how to fix this error (so far I've Disabled FW, tried adding the authentication server to the shortcut Target, ran with Administrator permissions) That would be great.

Thanks,
Meny

Thanks,
Meny

#9 Painbringer ®

Painbringer ®

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:02 PM

I get nothing first it was the router error now it is not conectting at all.  I have french emails in my mailbox I am from USA and cannot read.  I have no issues other than on GW2 related stuff.  I can not log GW2 account on line for some reason i can not get it to work

Edited by Painbringer ®, 25 August 2012 - 01:03 PM.

#10 Dromar

Dromar

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:05 PM

Having same problem. Shame on Anet for not preparing the servers. It was a 100% guarantee that they would get slammed like this.

#11 Aevum

Aevum

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • Guild Tag:[WNDR]
  • Server:Borlis Pass

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:09 PM

View PostMenys, on 28 April 2012 - 09:23 AM, said:

Hey, I got a question.

As i'm already frustrated as I was not able to even create a character since the beta has started.
I keep getting the Network error message as well (different error code once in a while).

Just before the beta went live, I was able to log in and choose a server (EU - Blacktide i think).
Is there a possibility that there's an issue with that world and now that my account is bound to it, I'm not able to even log in?
Nevertheless, If anyone has any more ideas for how to fix this error (so far I've Disabled FW, tried adding the authentication server to the shortcut Target, ran with Administrator permissions) That would be great.

Thanks,
Meny

Thanks,
Meny
Currently, there's no fix, the problem is on ArenaNet's end right now. And as for your server, we're supposed to be getting free server transfers, so just take a chill pill. ^_^

#12 Lachanche

Lachanche

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:17 PM

apparently the login server is going nuts...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users