• Curse Sites
Help
* * * * * 1 votes

Warrior: Dual Wielding Axes Build for Burst DPS

warrior dps build axes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 BeastmodeGM

BeastmodeGM

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:18 AM

If you are playing the Warrior in Guild Wars 2 this is a great theory for burst DPS while dual wielding axes. This build is an all out offensive machine so don’t look to this build for a lot of survivability. The objective is to burn down your opponent as fast as possible using high critical damage, burst damage, precision (which increases your critical hit chance), and backing it up with as much power as possible. We will do this by building adrenaline as fast as possible and using the burst skill Eviscerate. I feel this build will be very strong whether in PVP, WvW, or Dungeons.

The first utility we will use is the Healing Surge which heals and builds adrenaline. Next will be “For Great Justice!” which is a shout that grants the boon of Fury to yourself and allies. Again, Fury lasts 10 seconds and increases critical hit by 20%. Our third utility is called Frenzy which improves critical damage. The last spot will be filled by the Signet of Might. Passively the signet improves power and when activated it provides the Might boon increasing damage. For the elite spot, we definitely want the Signet of Rage for the passive adrenaline building and active boons of Fury, Might, and Swiftness.

Check Out the Full Build Here

Let me know what you think of the build and if you have any thoughts or ideas on improving it!

#2 triavatar

triavatar

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:43 AM

Lol, you literally created this topic 15 minutes before i made my thread :$. Well yeah basically this is pretty much the same idea i have with my spec with a few differences... You should check out my thread (I've got screenshots!) and see if i should make any adjustments.

#3 BeastmodeGM

BeastmodeGM

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:45 AM

hahaha I'll check it out and let you know. I think if your playing with a few support players this build will be awesome and wreck people.

#4 triavatar

triavatar

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:50 AM

Well when i was playing i was sort of playing solo, but i can imagine that with support this can only get better, my target is actually getting a 20k crit :3

#5 BeastmodeGM

BeastmodeGM

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:06 AM

Thats crazy!! haha and awesome. Dual Axes all the wayyy!

#6 triavatar

triavatar

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:13 AM

YEP ;)

#7 On_Slaught

On_Slaught

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3300 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:42 AM

Sure it hits hard, but you're going to die in a matter of seconds in PvP. It also severly lacks condition removal.

Won't be any good against many opponents. Hitting hard is nice against PUBs. But once you start getting kited you're just going to die.

#8 triavatar

triavatar

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:10 AM

View PostOn_Slaught, on 29 April 2012 - 07:42 AM, said:

Sure it hits hard, but you're going to die in a matter of seconds in PvP. It also severly lacks condition removal.

Won't be any good against many opponents. Hitting hard is nice against PUBs. But once you start getting kited you're just going to die.

Yeah i know man, this is definitely not the build for consistency. It's certainly extremely fun though. Anyway, I'll make a more consistent build after my final push for the biggest crit i can pull off. I might need help though :P

#9 BeastmodeGM

BeastmodeGM

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

View PostOn_Slaught, on 29 April 2012 - 07:42 AM, said:

Yea i know this build is all out offensive which is what i was going for. May be better to use in dungeons rather then PvP however I would like to see how it does later on. If you can burn down your opponent before he can get his attacks off may be worth it

#10 BeastmodeGM

BeastmodeGM

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:13 AM

Anyone try out this build or one similar during the beta weekend? Would like to know how it stood up in PvP as well as leveling. Any info would be much appreciated.

#11 Magerno

Magerno

Guild Wars 2 Grandmaster

• Community Contributors
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

I tried it out i like the dual axes however i didn't get too deep into the build yet.

#12 Khaos

Khaos

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

I played duel Axe and adjusted the traits as much as I could to get it balanced. Its really hard to pick the right traits to remove to
put in defense. I found without a shield, 15 in defense seemed to be a minimum for survival in pvp. Just about anything less feels squishy. Not yet sure if the 15 in defense is the right amount.

http://gw2.luna-atra...f0kdsdvfd1k1r28

In Discipline, "Sharpened Axes" was lost, but in Defense, "Embrace the Pain" was added to make Adrenaline. Was able to keep Strength traits in tact with the 2 Axe specific abilities "Axe Mastery" and "Weapon Specialization"(20 pts). In Arms, stopped at Critical burst (15 pts) but kept "Sweeping Strikes", in Discipline kept "Thrill of the Kill" and "Quick Bursts" (20 pts) and in Defense, picked up "Embrace the Pain" and went 15 pts.

Let me know what you guys think, feedback appricated.

#13 BeastmodeGM

BeastmodeGM

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:13 AM

View PostKhaos, on 30 April 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

I played duel Axe and adjusted the traits as much as I could to get it balanced. Its really hard to pick the right traits to remove to
put in defense. I found without a shield, 15 in defense seemed to be a minimum for survival in pvp. Just about anything less feels squishy. Not yet sure if the 15 in defense is the right amount.

http://gw2.luna-atra...f0kdsdvfd1k1r28

In Discipline, "Sharpened Axes" was lost, but in Defense, "Embrace the Pain" was added to make Adrenaline. Was able to keep Strength traits in tact with the 2 Axe specific abilities "Axe Mastery" and "Weapon Specialization"(20 pts). In Arms, stopped at Critical burst (15 pts) but kept "Sweeping Strikes", in Discipline kept "Thrill of the Kill" and "Quick Bursts" (20 pts) and in Defense, picked up "Embrace the Pain" and went 15 pts.

Let me know what you guys think, feedback appricated.

Was survivability that bad in PvP? Also how was your survivability in PvE? Seems like your build is very viable if so. You made good adjustments. Like you said Sharpened Axes was pretty much a swap with Embrace the Pain. I'll definitely be trying out your build this weekend.

#14 Beckwin

Beckwin

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:28 AM

You don't even need a Axe/Axe. Axe/Shield's Eviscerates do like 10-12k anyway, and you have much more survivability and control.

Moldran used this build during the beta. http://www.gw2tools....aZfV;baXe;bYQkZ

#15 BeastmodeGM

BeastmodeGM

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:08 AM

View PostBeckwin, on 01 May 2012 - 12:28 AM, said:

You don't even need a Axe/Axe. Axe/Shield's Eviscerates do like 10-12k anyway, and you have much more survivability and control

Thanks Beckwin I think you may be right in using the axe and shield combo for reasons stated above. I am going to take a look at that and re-adjust my traits to reflect better defense while trying not give up too much of the crit damage I was going for.

#16 Lammi

Lammi

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

I ran dual axes for a bit and it certainly felt like a gimmicky build. 6/6 Runes of the berserker and 2 Sigil's of Rage (30% chance for Frenzy) and you can really just mindlessly brew on kids.

Axe/Shield definitely moves it into a more viable build. I ran the same setup as Moldran a good amount of the time....now I just wish I Fraps'd it. :angry:

#17 mbelcikuwh

mbelcikuwh

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

dual wield as a total DPS playstyle?

how about greatsword?