Really loving the new Pitch Black trait (chill on blind), so thought I would take advantage of it for PvP.
This crit/condition build aims to keep opponents chilled as much as possible so you can kite while stacking bleeds.
Sources of chill:
- Sigil of Superior Ice (dagger OH) - 30% chance upon crit to chill (2.4s)
- Sigil of Superior Hydromancy (staff) - chill nearby enemies when swapping to weapon (3.6s)
- Superior Rune of Grenth - 5% chance to chill upon hit (3.6s)
- Superior Rune of Grenth - chill nearby enemies upon heal (3.6s)
- Deathly Swarm (Dagger 4) - Blind multiple enemies (unknown duration)
- Well of Darkness - aoe blind x 4 over 8 seconds (unknown duration)
- Chillblains (staff 3) - aoe chill (4.8s)
- Putrid Mark (staff 4) - combo finisher in WoD - aoe blind (unknown duration)
- Dark Path (DS 2) - teleport to and chill enemy (6s)
- Plague of Darkness (elite 2) - add blindness to your plague (unknown duration)
Note that all chills are increased by 20% thanks to Superior Rune of Grenth.
I haven't gone into Soul Reaping because after the recent nerfs, I will only be using DS to soak up burst, LT (with aoe heal for team) and chill; I won't be using it for LB damage. Have retained BiP solely for the 20% LF every 30secs, should be enough for me to dip in and out of DS quickly. This approach has led me to invest more in toughness than vitality, too.
- What duration is the chill from Pitch Black? Does anyone know? Does the chill duration match the blind duration?
- Does the Shadow Fiend blind (3s blind every 20s) count towards Pitch Black? If so, is this worth taking? What would I swap it for?
Would really welcome thoughts here; build below.http://gw2skills.net...H7Pufk/sAZUx8CA
Edit: forgot elite Blindness!
Edited by Donedusted, 06 August 2012 - 08:30 AM.