• Curse Sites
Help
* * * * - 6 votes

Necromancer Builds - Post Here!

necromancer bleed build template pvp necro heal healing healer tank necromancer bleed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
364 replies to this topic

#361 Soy Oil

Soy Oil

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:23 AM

View PostDirame, on 05 August 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

Your use of runes in that set up is weird. Why stack multiple malice runes when 5 runes from the same set will get you better condition damage than 6 different ones?

Check the math: 28*6 > 100. I tested this in PVP, and 6 different Malice runes stack additively.

#362 Sep

Sep

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 396 posts
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:28 AM

A full set of runes gives you 183
6 single runes gives you 168
15 less

additionally, if you take Runes of the Undead you net the better part of 100 extra malice

#363 Donedusted

Donedusted

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:02 AM

Hi all,

Really loving the new Pitch Black trait (chill  on blind), so thought I would take advantage of it for PvP.

This crit/condition build aims to keep opponents chilled as much as possible so you can kite while stacking bleeds.

Sources of chill:
  • Sigil of Superior Ice (dagger OH) - 30% chance upon crit to chill  (2.4s)
  • Sigil of Superior Hydromancy (staff) - chill nearby enemies when swapping to weapon (3.6s)
  • Superior Rune of Grenth - 5% chance to chill upon hit (3.6s)
  • Superior Rune of Grenth - chill nearby enemies upon heal (3.6s)
  • Deathly Swarm (Dagger 4) - Blind multiple enemies (unknown duration)
  • Well of Darkness - aoe blind x 4 over 8 seconds (unknown duration)
  • Chillblains (staff 3) - aoe chill (4.8s)
  • Putrid Mark (staff 4) - combo finisher in WoD - aoe blind (unknown duration)
  • Dark Path (DS 2) - teleport to and chill enemy (6s)
  • Plague of Darkness (elite 2) - add blindness to your plague (unknown duration)
Note that all chills are increased by 20% thanks to Superior Rune of Grenth.

I haven't gone into Soul Reaping because after the recent nerfs, I will only be using DS to soak up burst, LT (with aoe heal for team) and chill; I won't be using it for LB damage. Have retained BiP solely for the 20% LF every 30secs, should be enough for me to dip in and out of DS quickly. This approach has led me to invest more in toughness than vitality, too.

Considerations:
  • What duration is the chill from Pitch Black? Does anyone know? Does the chill duration match the blind duration?
  • Does the Shadow Fiend blind (3s blind every 20s) count towards Pitch Black? If so, is this worth taking? What would I swap it for?
Would really welcome thoughts here; build below.

http://gw2skills.net...H7Pufk/sAZUx8CA

Edit: forgot elite Blindness!

Edited by Donedusted, 06 August 2012 - 08:30 AM.

#364 Dirame

Dirame

Golem Rider

• Community Contributors
  • 2241 posts
  • Server:Vabbi

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:10 PM

View PostSoy Oil, on 06 August 2012 - 06:23 AM, said:

Check the math: 28*6 > 100. I tested this in PVP, and 6 different Malice runes stack additively.

View PostSep, on 06 August 2012 - 06:28 AM, said:

A full set of runes gives you 183
6 single runes gives you 168
15 less

additionally, if you take Runes of the Undead you net the better part of 100 extra malice

What he said.

#365 Frozire

Frozire

PvP Content Coordinator

• Content Writers
  • Curse Premium
  • 396 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:59 PM

Closing this.

We are closing all these massive build discussion threads as instead of encouraging discussion it has a negative effect once it goes above 30+ pages. We encourage anyone to create a new thread for every specific build you wish to discuss.

Edited by Frozire, 06 August 2012 - 07:10 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: necromancer, bleed, build, template, pvp, necro, heal, healing, healer, tank necromancer, bleed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users