• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Changing The Mists: Customizing Your PvP Character

PvP beta Customizing Character Mists Suggestions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Entombed

Entombed

Divinity's Reach

• Community Contributors
  • 231 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

Having to grab gear from different vendors to change your armor seems kind of clunky.  I really hated having to change my sigils, jewels, armors,weapons etc. to customize my character.  It took far too long, and used up a good amount of bag space. I'd really like to get rid of these items, and create a new type of interface.

I really would like to see an interface that revamped this sort of system.  You could just adjust your stats through some sort of bar system.  I could have +500 power, +300 toughness, and then slightly adjust my toughness at the expense of something else.  For example, giving the player 2000 points to put in 6 base categories (or however many there are).  They could have a default one, but you should be able to customize it.  It just seemed so clunky in game.   ArenaNet could also enforce individualized max's and minimums for each class to ensure some sort of balance system.  You could select which weapon type you wanted etc, and would not require the player to go looking through several vendors/chests to look for them.  What do you think?

Edited by Entombed, 30 April 2012 - 08:29 PM.

#2 Konvay The Conveyer

Konvay The Conveyer

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

I agree it's a bit awkward this way, in Guild Wars 1 we could make all of our gear from one window, the bag space wasn't as much of an issue because people were using a PvP character that was otherwise (pretty much) empty. I'm not sure I like the slider option, that's a bit too much freedom and yet not enough if they were to put in a min/max or some sort of forced slider normalizing (changing one stat directly adjusts another if one is getting too high within a category (offense/control/support/condition/defense).

I felt the same way about having all of my PvE gear and items carry over. Adding the PvE storage NPC would help a little.