Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

  • Please log in to reply
714 replies to this topic

#61 Delolith

Delolith

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 753 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RK]
  • Server:Vabbi

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:45 PM

View PostThat Happy Cat, on 05 May 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

I was more thinking along the lines of Blinking up the scaffolding of the Clocktower in sPvP.

You can blink from a side objective (not from the road but from a roof/wall) straight to the balcony if you target properly. You avoid the whole staircase like this. The more angled the teleport the bigger the chance you will have LoS issues. So try to find  a mild angle.

Edit- AH! And never try to teleport deep in the balcony. Always teleport at its edge. It works like a charm.

Edited by Delolith, 05 May 2012 - 01:47 PM.


#62 That Happy Cat

That Happy Cat

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 829 posts
  • Location:Australia
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:47 PM

View PostDelolith, on 05 May 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

You can blink from a side objective (not from the road but from a roof/wall) straight to the balcony if you target properly. You avoid the whole staircase like this.

The point is, Blinking across gaps (vertical or otherwise) is not very reliable.

#63 Delolith

Delolith

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 753 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RK]
  • Server:Vabbi

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:48 PM

View PostThat Happy Cat, on 05 May 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

The point is, Blinking across gaps (vertical or otherwise) is not very reliable.
Sorry you didn't get my edited version. Yes the more mild the angle the more reliable the jump. When they fix the whole LoS issue we should be able to jump more reliably.

Edited by Delolith, 05 May 2012 - 01:48 PM.


#64 Shepiroth

Shepiroth

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

I Have more footage. This is simply a continuation from my last video uploaded. Staff is displayed in a 1v1 battle and some more Shatter/Clone Management/Stealth displayed. Put this up on the list also please?

Mesmer PvP video (Staff/Sword-Pistol/Greatsword) [Part 3]


#65 Chesire

Chesire

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 817 posts
  • Location:I'm not quite sure.. but it's dark and I can hear laughing.
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:19 PM

View PostDelolith, on 05 May 2012 - 01:39 PM, said:

I can guarantee you that I was able to do it very easily. I was porting from roofs to balconies, from the front wall up to the palisades, from the palisades down to the side where a bunch of enemies were hiding just to Temporal Curtain them and AoE the hell out of them with Blurred Frenzy and kill 3-4 low health people. It was not just 100% accurate since bad targeting sometimes let you with a bit of structure/floor in front of you blocking LoS and teleporting you to the point LoS was interfering. This skill allows for SO MUCH imagination and creative gameplay.

Hu.. That's pretty neat. Makes me curious to say the least.

View PostShepiroth, on 05 May 2012 - 01:50 PM, said:

I Have more footage. This is simply a continuation from my last video uploaded. Staff is displayed in a 1v1 battle and some more Shatter/Clone Management/Stealth displayed. Put this up on the list also please?

Mesmer PvP video (Staff/Sword-Pistol/Greatsword) [Part 3]


Added! Thanks.



Gonna have to start putting videos in respective weapon set divisions soon. List is getting a bit long and hard on the eyes.

#66 Meva

Meva

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Location:Paris, France

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

View PostChesire, on 05 May 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

Gonna have to start putting videos in respective weapon set divisions soon. List is getting a bit long and hard on the eyes.
Yes, especially when several mesmers want to see other weapon sets in action beyond Greatsword. Thank you in advance :D

#67 Chesire

Chesire

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 817 posts
  • Location:I'm not quite sure.. but it's dark and I can hear laughing.
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

View PostMeva, on 05 May 2012 - 02:22 PM, said:

Yes, especially when several mesmers want to see other weapon sets in action beyond Greatsword. Thank you in advance :D

I'll get on it later today after I get some sleep! :)

#68 Babe

Babe

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1302 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:26 PM

View PostDelolith, on 05 May 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

Yes but at least you start your sentence with the phrase "I prefer" which shows your preference and not a stated fact. To say that you prefer something for this or that reason is far different than saying that this is superior although your claim is not backed up properly.

Like you just did earlier? Because it sounds like preaching what you don't practice. All this time I said Blink doesn't do it for my playstyle, and the response has always been that YOUR (not just you, but the person I was talking with earlier that was so bold as to state any bar must have Blink) playstyle is more efficient/best, and that any bar without Blink is deficient. So Blink worked for what you wanted, good for you. I didn't like it, and so I'm sticking to my mantras.

Edited by Babe, 05 May 2012 - 04:28 PM.


#69 Delolith

Delolith

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 753 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RK]
  • Server:Vabbi

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:29 PM

View PostBabe, on 05 May 2012 - 04:26 PM, said:

Like you just did earlier? Because it sounds like preaching what you don't practice.

And what would that be? Not starting my sentences with "Imo" or for not providing sufficient evidence for something I consider a fact? For the first part I think pretty much everyone from my tone understood that it was my personal experience and idea over the skill. Though if it came out as a factum I half apologize. And I say half apologize cause I did give sufficient  evidence and not in the manner that Stability helps against Daze ;)

Edited by Delolith, 05 May 2012 - 04:30 PM.


#70 jackazzm

jackazzm

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:12 PM

View PostFanolian_, on 05 May 2012 - 10:44 AM, said:

Smart move to generate 8 stacks of confusion by using Ethereal field + physical projectile combo.

Yes but I messed it up in that vid, have killed svanir before he would start getting close to me. - duelist -> leap -> chaos field ON svanir ->staff -> warlock.

Now if only sharper images worked...

#71 Meva

Meva

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Location:Paris, France

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:56 PM

View Postjackazzm, on 05 May 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

Yes but I messed it up in that vid, have killed svanir before he would start getting close to me. - duelist -> leap -> chaos field ON svanir ->staff -> warlock.

Now if only sharper images worked...
Very neat combo.

I used a similar rotation in PvE but on the backward sense, from staff to scepter, when I faced melees:

staff > iWarlock > Feigned Escape > Chaos Storm > pistol > iDuellist > Trick Shot

The point here is that there is not a unique rotation, it can work any way (from staff to pistol or vice versa), just make sure that the foe stays in the middle of Chaos Storm for the whole duration of the spell and that iDuellist can shoot through. My rotation puts the accent on iWarlock and conditions whilst yours puts all the weight on iDuellist.

#72 Babe

Babe

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1302 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:18 PM

View PostDelolith, on 05 May 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

And what would that be? Not starting my sentences with "Imo" or for not providing sufficient evidence for something I consider a fact? For the first part I think pretty much everyone from my tone understood that it was my personal experience and idea over the skill. Though if it came out as a factum I half apologize. And I say half apologize cause I did give sufficient  evidence and not in the manner that Stability helps against Daze ;)

So apparently people can only read tone correctly when it comes to your posts. I'd say it's a bit hard to tell since the smug as.shole part kind of obfuscates it. But, hey, you're looking good on a forum; there's a gold star for you.

Edited by Babe, 05 May 2012 - 06:20 PM.


#73 noblue

noblue

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:27 PM

It's all opinion. I gave reasons why I think blink is a million times better than stability mantra (versatility), he gave reasons why he disagrees (stability duration, mantra traits). It's the sign of a good game that there's something to argue about.

I still think blink is a must have in any PvP build though!

#74 Delolith

Delolith

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 753 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RK]
  • Server:Vabbi

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

View PostBabe, on 05 May 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

So apparently people can only read tone correctly when it comes to your posts. I'd say it's a bit hard to tell since the smug as.shole part kind of obfuscates it. But, hey, you're looking good on a forum; there's a gold star for you.

The last thing I am concerned with is trying to look good on a forum. I tend to leave that effort for my IRL.
I am just ticked off by someone that gives false information that is all. And I do the same IRL as well since my RL job is a scientist.

And by false information I don't mean your opinion (as you say) about whether Mantra of Concentration is good, but rather basing an argument on the fact that it helps against dazes which is false. If you have said KDs or Stuns or whatever I wouldn't probably bother to even post whether I agreed with you or not. But you didn't.

Edited by Delolith, 05 May 2012 - 06:48 PM.


#75 Babe

Babe

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1302 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:46 PM

View PostDelolith, on 05 May 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

The last thing I am concerned with is trying to look good on a forum. I tend to leave that effort for my IRL.
I am just ticked off by someone that gives false information that is all. And I do the same IRL as well since my RL job is a scientist.

And by false information I don't mean your opinion (as you say) about whether Mantra of Concentration is good, but rather basing an argument on the fact that it helps against dazes which is false. If you have said KDs or Stuns or whatever I wouldn't probably bother to even post whether I agreed with you or not. But you didn't.

So you nitpick, because stability did help against the other aspects I stated, and instead you focused on a single error to dismiss the whole of a post. Somehow I'm pretty certain that if we were to visit your posting history, you would not like when someone dismisses anything you might say on account of one error out of many points you made.

#76 Thyar

Thyar

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1812 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

So ... yeah ...

This is a great collection of videos!
I second (or third, or whatever) the call for organizing them into weapon categories.

I'm really rather a bit tired of all the GS videos as well when they're the primary weapon used.

#77 Delolith

Delolith

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 753 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RK]
  • Server:Vabbi

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

View PostBabe, on 05 May 2012 - 07:46 PM, said:

So you nitpick, because stability did help against the other aspects I stated, and instead you focused on a single error to dismiss the whole of a post. Somehow I'm pretty certain that if we were to visit your posting history, you would not like when someone dismisses anything you might say on account of one error out of many points you made.

None is perfect. If something like that happened I would accept the critisism on my error and apologize to the forum for misinformation.

I think we are derailng this thread heavily.

Edited by Delolith, 05 May 2012 - 07:57 PM.


#78 Babe

Babe

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1302 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:09 PM

View PostDelolith, on 05 May 2012 - 07:57 PM, said:

None is perfect. If something like that happened I would accept the critisism on my error and apologize to the forum for misinformation.

I think we are derailng this thread heavily.

Criticism is different from gloating.

#79 Rankith

Rankith

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:16 PM

View PostDelolith, on 04 May 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

So many videos out there yet you are the only one that found out that in order to make a DPS build you had to change your necklace. Gj ;)

Lol.

#80 Delolith

Delolith

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 753 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RK]
  • Server:Vabbi

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:22 PM

View PostRankith, on 05 May 2012 - 09:16 PM, said:

Lol.

;)

#81 Kazim

Kazim

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 211 posts
  • Guild Tag:[JDG]

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:24 PM

Sticky please...

#82 Chesire

Chesire

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 817 posts
  • Location:I'm not quite sure.. but it's dark and I can hear laughing.
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:34 AM

The list has been tidied up  a little bit. Please read the added note so you know what's going on. Seemed a bit redundant to explain it twice. Thank you all for the videos we have so far, I look forward to seeing many more.

Anything we have specifically relating to Mesmer in a pvp scenario can be added to the list at this point--even WvW videos from a Mesmer perspective; although these are also covered in the WvW section that doesn't mean we can't showcase them here as well since we do have a Mesmer list up and running. Let me know if you'd like some of these to be added and I'll see if I can't find some decent ones during my down time.

#83 Inambour

Inambour

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Location:France

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:27 AM

You've just f**** up all the links by tidying the list >.<

#84 KJS

KJS

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:56 AM

Totally disagree with Inambour.
Great job Chesire! Its clear and well organised.

EDIT:

Sorry, i thought you meant the new layout.
Didnt actually tried the links, some of them are indeed broken.

Edited by KJS, 06 May 2012 - 10:10 AM.


#85 Inambour

Inambour

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Location:France

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:08 AM

View PostKJS, on 06 May 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

Totally disagree with Inambour.
Great job Chesire! Its clear and well organised.
Dude, most of the links are dead cause he pasted them without copying the WHOLE link.

#86 Delolith

Delolith

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 753 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RK]
  • Server:Vabbi

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:11 AM

View PostInambour, on 06 May 2012 - 10:08 AM, said:

Dude, most of the links are dead cause he pasted them without copying the WHOLE link.

Unfortunately this is true.

#87 Chesire

Chesire

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 817 posts
  • Location:I'm not quite sure.. but it's dark and I can hear laughing.
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

All links should be working again. Sorry about that guys.

I added a couple extra to jackazzm's 1v1 videos as well.

#88 Delolith

Delolith

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 753 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RK]
  • Server:Vabbi

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:24 PM

View PostChesire, on 06 May 2012 - 11:52 AM, said:

All links should be working again. Sorry about that guys.

I added a couple extra to jackazzm's 1v1 videos as well.

You might also want to put an indication on Rankith's video that is a proper DPS video due to his items.
If you want more information on what I am talking about send me a PM ;)

Edited by Delolith, 06 May 2012 - 12:24 PM.


#89 Phoenix Inertia

Phoenix Inertia

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 344 posts
  • Location:United States
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[SN]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

I mean...how dare you get upset that the link was broken when he is doing you a favor by compiling this list for you when you could just as easily go on Youtube and find the video yourself? That is so childish I cannot even cope...

#90 Delolith

Delolith

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 753 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RK]
  • Server:Vabbi

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:56 PM

View PostPhoenix Inertia, on 06 May 2012 - 12:41 PM, said:

I mean...how dare you get upset that the link was broken when he is doing you a favor by compiling this list for you when you could just as easily go on Youtube and find the video yourself? That is so childish I cannot even cope...

I hope this is not directed at me :( I certainly wasn't upset that the links were broken. Was just agreeing they were so that Chesire would fix them.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users